I need a quick tip on what the best GPU's are?

Noah Vega

so I I'm currently in the market for a 1080p Graphics card, but I need the best in a specific price range which is roughly about $600 give or take a few bucks.

(is the ASUS/NVidia STRIX a good or preferable Gpu?)

8 minutes ago, Noah Vega said:

so I I'm currently in the market for a 1080p Graphics card, but I need the best in a specific price range which is roughly about $600 give or take a few bucks.

(is the ASUS/NVidia STRIX a good or preferable Gpu?)

$600 USD for just the GPU?

get like a 480 with some kind of free-sync display upgrade for that kind of money man

You only need a 470/480/1060 6GB for 1080p, although the AMD cards are possibly the better choice for future DX12/Vulkan titles and free-sync savings

options would be 1080p TN 144hz, 21:9 1080p IPS, 4k TN or IPS

this one's a 4k TN display, pretty solid for the money and you'd never really need to replace it, but it might be worth investing an an IPS version for around $100+ more

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkRxHN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkRxHN/by_merchant/

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card  ($221.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: AOC U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($328.12 @ B&H)
Total: $550.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-30 22:55 EST-0500

-
-
Obviously most games won't run at like high settings 4k, you'd be running them at 1080p high-ultra, and it scales just fine with 4k

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You don't need $600 for a 1080p GPU unless you're just tired of eating your money and want to find a new way to use it.

The 6GB GTX 1060 and 8GB RX 480 are more than enough. If you're an overachiever, a GTX 1070 or R9 Fury would buy you a few years of ultra at that resolution.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I'm not necessarily on a budget build so I would like to get the "best" out of my pc.

2 minutes ago, Noah Vega said:

I'm not necessarily on a budget build so I would like to get the "best" out of my pc.

Best is fairly subjective, I'd get a nice display upgrade with a mid range GPU, but that's just me

also best doesn't come out until CES, the 1080ti will be out by then, but you don't need it for 1080p gaming, same for the Vega GPUs that are coming

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Noah Vega said:

Put a GTX 1070 in there, take the $200+ you're not spending on a GTX 1080 and put it towards a 1TB SSD.

Already got a 1TB SSD in there? Have another one!

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

What are the rest of your specs? You don't want a imbalanced PC at a GTX 1080 for 1080p 60Hz is a joke and waste of money. You'd be better off with a 8GB RX 480 and getting a 1080p 144Hz display. But, again you want a proper PSU for this a good CPU/GPU combo.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

for 1080p i wouldnt get more than a 1060 or 480. i have the 3gb 1060 and im playing mad max at medium settings at UHD resolution. you can upgrade your card next year for the price difference with anything higher than these cards

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_