The LTT Star Wars Fan Club

AlTech
1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

She might be. There's nothing to substantiate that rumour though.

I'm still firmly convinced that she is Luke's daughter. That doesn't mean she isn't also Palp's grand daughter or Obi-Wan's grand daughter though.

Look at her fighting style with a Light Saber. Only Palpatine ever fought like that.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I know we had a Star Wars thread but can't find it on phone. 

Actually this was a recent development lol :).

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Anyhow, finally watched Rogue One yesterday and imo it was OK. Nothing spectacular but it was not bad. I'd put it somewhere in the mid. But the last few min were amazing, gotta admit. Even though we all new it was before ep IV at one point. :D

I know right! It made the beginning of Episode 4 make more sense!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Look at her fighting style with a Light Saber. Only Palpatine ever fought like that.

Actually this was a recent development lol :).

I know right! It made the beginning of Episode 4 make more sense!

Unkess she doea a pirouette from ep III we've got nothing to talk about. :D

No I mean we had a few page thread, but I can only find the locked one a year ago from @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

And? We only ever see maybe a dozen Jedi fight in close detail. Palpatine was also taught by Plageuis. Rey wasn't taught at all - she just used the saber instinctively, using the quarterstaff combat techniques she already knew.

They have a similar style, but it's not identical. That's a big stretch to say she's his grand daughter simply because they use a similar style of saber technique.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 minutes ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Quick question, i know in all the SW films they put "I have a bad feeling about this."

Was that line in Rogue One? I don't remember seeing/hearing it.

Yes. Near the middle-ish. K-2SO says it when they are on their way to Jedha I believe when they are inside the U-Wing.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Does anyone else think R1 was the best? 

I liked how gritty it was. It felt more like a war film and because of that i'm putting it at number one. Now if only we could get a movie set in the old republic era..

4615940-4733460671-tumbl.gif

1 hour ago, christianled59 said:

I agree. 

On another note, I'll just say I'm on the Dark Side. I'm always rooting for the empire. I kind of hope they switch it up this trilogy and end it with the Empire coming out on top in episode 9.

Finally another imperial xD 

Pro-empire-enlist-today-he-needs-you.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 11:05 PM, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Nope. Rey is a Kenobi.

WaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWait

UR AN LMG STAFF WITH 4 POSTS?!?!?!?!?!

i like trains 🙂

Theory I've heard that makes sense...

Snoke is Darth Plagueis, Darth Sidious (Palpatine's mentor). 

Snoke is the father of Anakin Skywalker. 

Anakin, who becomes Darth Vader, is the father of Luke and Leia.

Kylo Ren is the son of Han Solo and Leia. 

Ren is the daughter of Luke and Obiwan's daughter, who I suspect is Captain Phasma.

The prophecy of Anakin bringing balance to the force was not meant to mean more power to the Jedi to face the Sith.  It was the other way around. 

Luke Skywalker is from the dark side of the force, and shares his father's destiny.  Belief is that he's gone into seclusion because the sliver of light side in him makes him realize he's really the bad guy. I am guessing in episode 8 that Snope will reveal that he's his grandfather, and that the entire line of Skywalkers aren't saviors, but are dark side abominations.  Luke loses it and decides to the galaxy would be better off if there were no force users.  Or decides the light and dark sides must coexist, and starts to let go of his natural inhibitions. 

Rey, having both light and dark side origins, represents the heroin at balance, but favoring the light.  That's a continuation of the Jedi philosophy.  She'll most likely be faced with a similar conflict that Luke had in episode 5 and 6 with regards to Vader. And Rey must get Luke to turn back to the light side in order to defeat Snoke. 

I don't have much faith in Kylo Ren as the main villain (being the Vader of this run).  I think he's more akin to the roles of Darth Maul and Count Douku - a misdirection at who the hidden villain is.

Finn and Poe are the new Han Solo and Chewbacca. 

1 hour ago, Implosivetech said:

WaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWait

Yes he is:
" LinusMediaGroup Staff "

And he's probably one of the new hires... man, calm the hell down lol.

10 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes he is:
" LinusMediaGroup Staff "

truthfully, i had just woken up and my sleep-deprived mind was freaking out

i like trains 🙂

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes he is:

Correct me if i'm wrong but the newest hire at LTT was a woman.......

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:05 AM, techswede said:

I liked how gritty it was. It felt more like a war film and because of that i'm putting it at number one. Now if only we could get a movie set in the old republic era..

4615940-4733460671-tumbl.gif

Finally another imperial xD 

Pro-empire-enlist-today-he-needs-you.jpg

Nice!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

12 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but the newest hire at LTT was a woman.......

Nice!

They've hired quite a few people in the last little while - one of them is a woman, I believe, as are at least one man. As I stated, one of the new hires. I do not know whether that user is male or female. And really, it doesn't matter (or shouldn't, anyway).

7 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

I think 50% of my activity is this thread, yes. :D

9 minutes ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Off topic posts don't count towards your post count :P

6 hours ago, RocketFarmer said:

Theory I've heard that makes sense...

Snoke is Darth Plagueis, Darth Sidious (Palpatine's mentor). 

Snoke is the father of Anakin Skywalker. 

Anakin, who becomes Darth Vader, is the father of Luke and Leia.

Kylo Ren is the son of Han Solo and Leia. 

Ren is the daughter of Luke and Obiwan's daughter, who I suspect is Captain Phasma.

The prophecy of Anakin bringing balance to the force was not meant to mean more power to the Jedi to face the Sith.  It was the other way around. 

I'm not going to comment on the Force mysticism bit and the "Balance to the Force" prophecy because that would involve a whole long discussion and I'm technically at work right now (shhh, no one tell Linus). I will just say that I really, really hope that this isn't true. I feel like having the main cast of characters all be related in some fashion or another makes the Galaxy feel small and incestuous, and while I love a lot of the Legends material they made that mistake way too often.

I feel like Luke training a Kenobi has a nice symmetry to it, but if Rey is his daughter I will be very disappointed. Also I feel like it would be just ridiculous at this point. She's interacted too much with Han and Leia without them acknowledging that she's, you know, their niece. Otherwise there should have been this exchange at 43 minutes into TFA:

LEIA: If you see our son ... bring him home.

HAN: Okay. You want me to get Luke's daugher too? She's also there.

I also hope that Snoke is not someone's long lost grandpa. I hope he's just a real bad dude. I have a lot of faith in Rian Johnson though (everyone go watch Brick!) so I think that we'll all be pretty satisfied with how it plays out. 

19 hours ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

Has anyone played the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG?

I have yet to have that opportunity. Not a lot of Pen and Paper RPG players in my social groups.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:40 PM, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

yeaaaaah, ikr

well, welcome, even though u r ranked higher than me xD

let me know if linus need a new graphic designer (jk)

i like trains 🙂

I really hope Rey is not related to any of the already well-established Star Wars characters. I don't think I'll get my wish though. :c

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

18 minutes ago, Gale said:

I really hope Rey is not related to any of the already well-established Star Wars characters. I don't think I'll get my wish though. :c

At this point, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance she's either Luke's daughter, or Obi-Wan's grand-daughter (double points if she's both).

But hey, you could still be right! As long as she's not a Solo, I won't be pissed.

there's a theory that fin might be force sensitive as well. because in the force awakens Snoke says there has been an awakening, but this was said way before Rey showed any force potential at all.

System 1                                                                                            System 2     
Intel core 2 Duo T5800 @2.00GHz                                                    Intel core i5-4460 @3.20GHz quad core
4gb RAM                                                                                            8gb Samsung DDR3 1600Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470                                                            Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb
Windows vista Home premium 32-Bit                                                Windows 7 home premium 64-Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                              Asrock H81m DGS Micro ATX

System 3                                                                                           System 4

Intel core i7 6700HQ up to 3.5GHz 6MB Cache                                Intel core i7 6700k @4.20GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 3gb                                                          32gb DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws 2233Mhz

Samsung 256GB M.2 NGFF Solid State Drive                                  Gigabyte G1 Geforce GTX 980Ti
1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive                                                                 Corsair RM-750 750W 80+ Gold

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 2133MHz                                          Gigabyte H170 HD3 LGA1151

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display           Intel SSD 535 Series 240GB

Windows 10 Pro                                                                                 SanDisk 120GB SSD Plus

8-cell Lithium Ion (92 Whr) Battery                                                     Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                               IN-WIN GRone ATX Full Tower
                                                                                                            4g Arctic Cooling MX-2         
                                                                                                            Coolermaster Hyper 103
                                                                                                            TP-Link TL-WN881ND

3 minutes ago, J-Dogg said:

there's a theory that fin might be force sensitive as well. because in the force awakens Snoke says there has been an awakening, but this was said way before Rey showed any force potential at all.

It could go either way. Finn was mostly a misdirect to sure no one suspected Rey. But I could definitely see him being another force sensitive, just less powerful compared to Rey.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

just less powerful compared to Rey.

the fight with Kylo proves it.

people always say how that fight was terrible because of how easily Kylo lost. but after everything that happend to him before that, i wasn't really that surprised i mean he was physically and mentally scarred just moments before the fight took place. chewie shot him with that crossbow thing right in the guts, earlier in the movie we saw han solo blow up like 3 storm troopers with it, in one shot lol.

System 1                                                                                            System 2     
Intel core 2 Duo T5800 @2.00GHz                                                    Intel core i5-4460 @3.20GHz quad core
4gb RAM                                                                                            8gb Samsung DDR3 1600Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470                                                            Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb
Windows vista Home premium 32-Bit                                                Windows 7 home premium 64-Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                              Asrock H81m DGS Micro ATX

System 3                                                                                           System 4

Intel core i7 6700HQ up to 3.5GHz 6MB Cache                                Intel core i7 6700k @4.20GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 3gb                                                          32gb DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws 2233Mhz

Samsung 256GB M.2 NGFF Solid State Drive                                  Gigabyte G1 Geforce GTX 980Ti
1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive                                                                 Corsair RM-750 750W 80+ Gold

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 2133MHz                                          Gigabyte H170 HD3 LGA1151

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display           Intel SSD 535 Series 240GB

Windows 10 Pro                                                                                 SanDisk 120GB SSD Plus

8-cell Lithium Ion (92 Whr) Battery                                                     Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                               IN-WIN GRone ATX Full Tower
                                                                                                            4g Arctic Cooling MX-2         
                                                                                                            Coolermaster Hyper 103
                                                                                                            TP-Link TL-WN881ND