The LTT Star Wars Fan Club

AlTech

the real question is how much more powerfull will they be when we see them next in episode 8 who will become more powerful first Kylo or Rey?

System 1                                                                                            System 2     
Intel core 2 Duo T5800 @2.00GHz                                                    Intel core i5-4460 @3.20GHz quad core
4gb RAM                                                                                            8gb Samsung DDR3 1600Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470                                                            Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb
Windows vista Home premium 32-Bit                                                Windows 7 home premium 64-Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                              Asrock H81m DGS Micro ATX

System 3                                                                                           System 4

Intel core i7 6700HQ up to 3.5GHz 6MB Cache                                Intel core i7 6700k @4.20GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 3gb                                                          32gb DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws 2233Mhz

Samsung 256GB M.2 NGFF Solid State Drive                                  Gigabyte G1 Geforce GTX 980Ti
1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive                                                                 Corsair RM-750 750W 80+ Gold

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 2133MHz                                          Gigabyte H170 HD3 LGA1151

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display           Intel SSD 535 Series 240GB

Windows 10 Pro                                                                                 SanDisk 120GB SSD Plus

8-cell Lithium Ion (92 Whr) Battery                                                     Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

(Laptop)                                                                                               IN-WIN GRone ATX Full Tower
                                                                                                            4g Arctic Cooling MX-2         
                                                                                                            Coolermaster Hyper 103
                                                                                                            TP-Link TL-WN881ND

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

At this point, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance she's either Luke's daughter, or Obi-Wan's grand-daughter (double points if she's both).

But hey, you could still be right! As long as she's not a Solo, I won't be pissed.

My money is on Rey being short for Rey Rey Binks

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Han shot first!....Or was it Greedo

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

14 hours ago, J-Dogg said:

the real question is how much more powerfull will they be when we see them next in episode 8 who will become more powerful first Kylo or Rey?

Probably Kylo. Snoke had him brought straight to wherever he is. most likely to train him personally. And maybe just maybe there are other members of the knights of Ren. 

Rey is strong with the force but completely untrained. Kylo has a head start and most likely a brutal teacher. 

It is pretty obvious that Rey will win in the end. (Because the good guy always has to win for some reason) 

But i'm hoping for a scary villain until then. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

11 minutes ago, techswede said:

My money is on Rey being short for Rey Rey Binks

get out

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Probably Kylo. Snoke had him brought straight to wherever he is. most likely to train him personally. And maybe just maybe there are other members of the knights of Ren. 

Rey is strong with the force but completely untrained. Kylo has a head start and most likely a brutal teacher. 

It is pretty obvious that Rey will win in the end. (Because the good guy always has to win for some reason) 

As I already said, I want Kylo to win in the end. I'm sure it'll be the same usual thing though. The empire will come out on top at the end of episode 8 and in episode 9 the rebellion will have  a "come back".

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

I've heard some ideas that Rey will actually fall to the darkside at the middle/end of Ep 8, and Kylo will be saved by Leia, and Kylo will need to help Luke, et al, to save Rey from the Darkside. Kind of a Bastilla Shan type story (KOTOR 1 reference).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

get out

Well it is disney. So maybe a true love's kiss turns her into a gungan. 

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Well it is disney. So maybe a true love's kiss turns her into a gungan. 

Even the Clone Wars cartoon soon ditched Jar Jar as a character (though he's in there occasionally - but there's, miraculously, the odd funny scene).

2 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

As I already said, I want Kylo to win in the end. I'm sure it'll be the same usual thing though. The empire will come out on top at the end of episode 8 and in episode 9 the rebellion will have  a "come back".

Agreed

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I've heard some ideas that Rey will actually fall to the darkside at the middle/end of Ep 8, and Kylo will be saved by Leia, and Kylo will need to help Luke, et al, to save Rey from the Darkside. Kind of a Bastilla Shan type story (KOTOR 1 reference).

I would love to see that. Not sure how they'll pull it off but it would be cool to see. Rey doesn't really have any particular alignment at the moment. (Leaning towards the light though) 

One thought i've had is that maybe Luke is more of a grey jedi now. 

5 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

It really depends what they want to do as a franchise. If they decide "Hey let's do another trilogy", then they could end Episode 9 with the Empire (Whether in the form of the First Order or not) having a resurgence.

Here's an interesting scenario:

Last half of Episode 9

The Resistance is getting their asses handed to them. They have naval power, but they're outgunned.

The First Order is slaughtering them.

Suddenly, a fleet of Star Destroyers jumps out of Hyperspace, and starts laying into the First Order.

Admiral Ackbar, aboard a new generation Mon Cal cruiser, receives a Holocomm transmission - Grand Admiral Thrawn appears "It appears you have a problem. The Galactic Empire would like to assist... with some conditions"

The Imperial Remnant, lead by Thrawn, defeats the First Order - Luke defeats Snoke, but dies in the process. Rey and Kylo Ben become the next generation of Jedi Knights. The Imperials form a new Galactic Government, and the Resistance agrees to surrender power to them, in exchange for their help defeating the First Order.

I think something along those lines would be sweet. I'd also like to see a Canon appearance from Admiral Pellaeon - perhaps he's the nominal head of the Imperial Remnant government, with Thrawn as the Supreme Commander.

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Agreed

I would love to see that. Not sure how they'll pull it off but it would be cool to see. Rey doesn't really have any particular alignment at the moment. (Leaning towards the light though) 

One thought i've had is that maybe Luke is more of a grey jedi now. 

I've heard spoiler rumours that Luke occasionally will let his anger show. Like, he destroys a building he's in because Kylo is trying to seduce Rey to the darkside and says some shit Luke doesn't like.

I think Rey has the potential to be a great character to fall. She has a lot of anger and resentment about her "abandonment" as a child. She wants to belong, to have a family. She thinks Luke and the Jedi are that family... but maybe the First Order can give her more.

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I've heard spoiler rumours that Luke occasionally will let his anger show. Like, he destroys a building he's in because Kylo is trying to seduce Rey to the darkside and says some shit Luke doesn't like.

I think Rey has the potential to be a great character to fall. She has a lot of anger and resentment about her "abandonment" as a child. She wants to belong, to have a family. She thinks Luke and the Jedi are that family... but maybe the First Order can give her more.

I really hope for something like this. I mean throughout all the movies they talk so much about "falling to the dark side" but anakin is the only one to do so. I'd be great to see a character like rey go to the darkside or ben join the light side. I'd honestly flip shit at the theater if that happened. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1 hour ago, christianled59 said:

I really hope for something like this. I mean throughout all the movies they talk so much about "falling to the dark side" but anakin is the only one to do so. I'd be great to see a character like rey go to the darkside or ben join the light side. I'd honestly flip shit at the theater if that happened. 

I just want to see Luke be a total badass (See: Vader in Rogue One). I want them to show that Luke is at the peak of his power. His saber technique is better then everyone else, and he's more powerful in the force (Perhaps save Snoke, if he turns out to be Darth Plagueis). I want to see him mow down other lightsaber/force users like they're simply a nuisance. I want to see him powerful.

Then, they can kill him off, if they want. But if they kill him off without him being powerful, I'ma be mad.

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I just want to see Luke be a total badass (See: Vader in Rogue One). I want them to show that Luke is at the peak of his power. His saber technique is better then everyone else, and he's more powerful in the force (Perhaps save Snoke, if he turns out to be Darth Plagueis). I want to see him mow down other lightsaber/force users like they're simply a nuisance. I want to see him powerful.

Then, they can kill him off, if they want. But if they kill him off without him being powerful, I'ma be mad.

I agree. Throughout star wars, I never really liked luke. I saw him as this pathetic wannabe with a lot of ambition. Now that he is in a state where he "should" be a badass, it'll be disappointing if they just convey him as an old man. 

14 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

I agree. Throughout star wars, I never really liked luke. I saw him as this pathetic wannabe with a lot of ambition. Now that he is in a state where he "should" be a badass, it'll be disappointing if they just convey him as an old man. 

Indeed - I don't want him to be given the Alec Guinness treatment. Alec Guinness wasn't really a badass because of the technological limitations at the time, and also Hollywood wasn't very good at fighting choreography, etc, yet either.

I liked Luke in Ep 6. I liked his arc. In Ep 4, he was a whiny little bitch (no sexism intended). In ep 5, he got cocky and a bit of a know-it-all, and then Vader schooled him hard when they duelled. In ep 6, he finally became a true warrior, and his skills had evolved to a point where he was a match for Vader in fighting (though not necessarily in the Force - we didn't see much force battling in the OT). Of course, Palp's was still far above Luke at this point in power (and we can assume in fighting technique as well, since in Ep 3, he's shown to be one of the best Saber duellist's alive, fighting Windu to a stand-still - Windu was, at the time, considered the best lightsaber duellist alive).

Luke has had 30 years to train himself in both saber technique, and in the force. He had better be on or near Yoda/Palpatine level. Maybe not quite that high, but close enough that he could stand his own if he had to fight Palpatine again. And his raw power should be equal or greater then that of Palpatine, given that Anakin's potential (unseen due to his injuries) was unheard of, and Luke and Leia were supposed to inherit that raw potential.

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think of Episode 8's title of "The Last Jedi"?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What do you guys think of Episode 8's title of "The Last Jedi"?

Nice and simple. I also appreciate the red colouring of the title.

It could mean many things, as various sites and videos have gone in depth about. It could mean that Luke is the last Jedi. Or that Luke dies and Rey becomes the last Jedi.

Or, my particular favourite, that Luke finally came to the realization that Jedi were wrong, and a more balanced approach to the Force (More akin to Grey Jedi of the past like Jolee Bindo or Ahsoka Tano), and thus, when he "rebuilds" the order starting with Rey, he creates a new order, not of Jedi, but of something entirely new. Somewhat like the Legends New Jedi Order post Yuuzhan Vong war.

• 2 weeks later...

So you know it's the second episode in the trilogy right? which means someone's hand gets chopped off.

Who is it gonna be!?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

2 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

So you know it's the second episode in the trilogy right? which means someone's hand gets chopped off.

Who is it gonna be!?

I personally hope they don't force that particular trope.

Not to mention, hands were chopped in all three Original Trilogy movies, not just the second film.

And there was a beautiful sense of duality when Luke chopped off Vader's hand after almost succumbing to the dark side. Vader chopped off his hand, and he came full circle when he did the same back to Vader. That was the moment Luke realized how close he was to tipping over the edge and becoming the very thing he hated. He made the choice that Anakin could not make.

But hey, it's Star Wars and Disney, and they love tropes. So I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the force wielding characters lost a limb in the movie.

There could be a nice sense of destiny if Luke ends up chopping off Kylo's arm (the same arm that he cut off Vader too). They'd have to do it very carefully for it to not seem forced though. (heheh... forced)

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I personally hope they don't force that particular trope.

Not to mention, hands were chopped in all three Original Trilogy movies, not just the second film.

And there was a beautiful sense of duality when Luke chopped off Vader's hand after almost succumbing to the dark side. Vader chopped off his hand, and he came full circle when he did the same back to Vader. That was the moment Luke realized how close he was to tipping over the edge and becoming the very thing he hated. He made the choice that Anakin could not make.

But hey, it's Star Wars and Disney, and they love tropes. So I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the force wielding characters lost a limb in the movie.

There could be a nice sense of destiny if Luke ends up chopping off Kylo's arm (the same arm that he cut off Vader too). They'd have to do it very carefully for it to not seem forced though. (heheh... forced)

I actually want a redemption arc for Kylo. Like Rey gets seduced to the Dark Side, gets Kylo's hand chopped off, Kylo gets rescued by Luke. I don't know, something crazy like that.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

1 minute ago, YoloSwag said:

I actually want a redemption arc for Kylo. Like Rey gets seduced to the Dark Side, gets Kylo's hand chopped off, Kylo gets rescued by Luke. I don't know, something crazy like that.

I think a Redemption Arc for Kylo is pretty likely. I think Rey will fall in Ep 8, and Kylo will be saved. And then Kylo + Luke will have to save (or kill) her in Ep 9. That's assuming Luke doesn't get killed in Ep 8.

I kind of like the idea that Kylo is saved, and Rey falls, but cannot be saved, and must be killed. That would be neat, and a bit different. Though I'd also be happy if she ended up being saved too.

As long as I get my solid 20+ minutes of Luke being an utter badass Lightsaber duelist/force user. I'm talking he comes in and makes all the other duelists look like school children playing with sticks, and then on top of that, displays absolute BADASS force abilities.

Like the final scene in Rogue One, but magnified by 100, plus other lightsabers thrown into the mix.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:20 PM, dalekphalm said:

It could mean many things, as various sites and videos have gone in depth about. It could mean that Luke is the last Jedi. Or that Luke dies and Rey becomes the last Jedi.

Don't forget that the word Jedi is singular and plural, so it could mean something simple, like Rey becoming a Jedi and then she and Luke are the last Jedi (not last Jedis).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Don't forget that the word Jedi is singular and plural, so it could mean something simple, like Rey becoming a Jedi and then she and Luke are the last Jedi (not last Jedis).

True - the title is deliciously ambiguous. Simple, yet could mean so many things.

Personally, I prefer the theory that Luke will transform the Jedi into something new (More akin to Grey Jedi of ancient times), since he realizes that the Jedi were wrong and that to properly balance the force, and prevent the evil of the Dark Side from returning, that you must embrace the entire force, and balance dark and light together.

I would absolutely love that.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I think a Redemption Arc for Kylo is pretty likely. I think Rey will fall in Ep 8, and Kylo will be saved. And then Kylo + Luke will have to save (or kill) her in Ep 9. That's assuming Luke doesn't get killed in Ep 8.

I kind of like the idea that Kylo is saved, and Rey falls, but cannot be saved, and must be killed. That would be neat, and a bit different. Though I'd also be happy if she ended up being saved too.

As long as I get my solid 20+ minutes of Luke being an utter badass Lightsaber duelist/force user. I'm talking he comes in and makes all the other duelists look like school children playing with sticks, and then on top of that, displays absolute BADASS force abilities.

Like the final scene in Rogue One, but magnified by 100, plus other lightsabers thrown into the mix.

I want Luke ... *wait for it* ... Dual saber battle against multiple opponents!!!

If you played Jedi Academy, you know what the heck I'm wanting to see xD

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler