Questions about Arma 3 and its dlc

danial9

i have never played arma game but i heard its very good as i play games like csgo ,rb6 , bf1 and mainly fps.

but there is too much to understand about game 

1) there is lot of dlc or expansion pack and i dont know if i should only buy the main game or do i need to buy any dlc as many games release dlc and everyone start playing dlc and noone plays the game. someone explain dlc system will i miss some game modes if i dont buy dlc.

2) what kind of mode are there to play and which are the famous ones that the main gamebase plays.

3) i have 970 g1 and i7 4790k can i even play it , i heard its not super optimized 

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

EVGA supernova 850w gold+

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

I'll give you a heads up, don't expect 60 fps in multiplayer. Playing King of the hill, with 80 players i get about 20-30fps in the AO. less than 30 players you might achieve 50 fps,  but the game is very CPU heavy.

With your PC you should be able to play it

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

2 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

I'll give you a heads up, don't expect 60 fps in multiplayer. Playing King of the hill, with 80 players i get about 20-30fps in the AO. less than 30 players you might achieve 50 fps,  but the game is very CPU heavy.

With your PC you should be able to play it

what kind of game settings we are talking here for these fps u mentions?  low, medium ,high and i have no idea what AO is or the mode itself , i kind of have idea what king of hill is.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

1 minute ago, danial9 said:

what kind of game settings we are talking here for these fps u mentions?  low, medium ,high and i have no idea what AO is or the mode itself , i kind of have idea what king of hill is.

Every setting gives you the same FPS

AS for DLC, It only limits you to not being able to drive/control vehicles

And I would buy tanoa its a pretty good map

The DLC is worth it if you play survival mods, and they're on sale. Nothing pisses me off more than finding a Helicopter in Exile and it needs DLC...

I'm a massive Fan of Tanoa, and the APEX expansion.

I'd buy the APEX edition since it's on sale, and comes with all of the DLC for as much as I payed for the full game.

I got like 25 FPS with my OCed 980, and 4790K on KOTH with like 100 people on Ultra while streaming using GFE.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

1 minute ago, danial9 said:

low, to high don't really change much with large amount of players, single player stuff you should be totally fine. AO is Area Objective and that's where a majority of the players are, which causes the lag.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Every setting gives you the same FPS

AS for DLC, It only limits you to not being able to drive/control vehicles

And I would buy tanoa its a pretty good map

The only settings that really effect it for me is View distance and Anti Aliasing.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

28 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

The DLC is worth it if you play survival mods, and they're on sale. Nothing pisses me off more than finding a Helicopter in Exile and it needs DLC...

I'm a massive Fan of Tanoa, and the APEX expansion.

I'd buy the APEX edition since it's on sale, and comes with all of the DLC for as much as I payed for the full game.

I got like 25 FPS with my OCed 980, and 4790K on KOTH with like 100 people on Ultra while streaming using GFE.

thank you for answer but this is too much info to understand at once. is main arma 3 has one open map like gta to play on  and apex & tanoa is like two differents open maps that you can play on. and all of these maps have similar mission to do like co-op ,pvp , roleplaying

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

7 minutes ago, danial9 said:

thank you for answer but this is too much info to understand at once. is main arma 3 has one open map like gta to play on  and apex & tanoa is like two differents open maps that you can play on. and all of these maps have similar mission to do like co-op ,pvp , roleplaying

The main game comes with 2 maps preinstalled. (Technically 3.) Altis, and Stratis, and some Virtual reality thing no one cares about.

It has a Campaign which sucks, and there are custom mods that add custom campaigns, PVP, Role playing, e.t.c.. 

APEX is the largest expansion, consisting of the Map Tanoa, some vehicles, guns, and a new campaign, which doesn't suck as bad. 

APEX edition of ARMA 3 comes with Arma 3, the Apex Expansion, and the 3 smaller DLCs which add Helicopters, Snipers, and Gokarts. This is all of the DLC for the game that are currently out, for 30$ which is as much as I payed for the Apex Expansion, and Arma 3 each.

Spoiler

sex hahaha