(Update: Yes)Too good to be true £240 GTX 1070?

Rupe

Update: Yes it appears it is to good to be true, got this as an email from the seller 

"Dear customer,

Thank you for your email,

Please accept my apologies,

Due to a system glitch on Amazon, we are unable to fulfil some items available on Amazon. Please be advised that we are working hard with Amazon and you will be refunded for the full value of your order.

Please for more information, contact Amazon Customer Service 0800 496 1081.

Kind regards

Wow Discounts-Amazon"

I recently brought on amazon a £240 GTX 1070, the price has since gone back up to a more expected £430. Also sold by 'WoWDiscount' which sounds like a dodgy name xD anyway if i don't recieve it I can hopfully get a refund as it is amazon. What do you guys think?

Graphics card.png

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

WowDiscounts

• Feedback Rating:

4.8 stars over the past 12 months
    4.8 stars over the past 12 months (6,721 ratings)

Hmmm, i dunno honestly. Have you seen any of theyr reviews?

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, Rupe said:

the price has since gone back up to a more expected £430

Sorry man i did say

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Buy it again

Can we get a link :o 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

What if its Counterfeit or stolen O-o!?

If its stolen then there is no way for me to prove it, and if its counterfeit i can hopfully get my money back on it from amazon

Think this is related to a series of amazon scams, they pop up several a day, but get removed by amazon after a while becuase they don't actually ship a card, more likely a brick if anything at all. When you see deals like these, Amazon could actually just say "you know what, you should have known better, your money is gone bye bye" and I would not blame them either.

Just now, Rupe said:

-snip-

Is the shipping handled by Amazon? Or is handling and shipping taken care of by WowDiscounts themselves?

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Sack said:

Think this is related to a series of amazon scams, they pop up several a day, but get removed by amazon after a while becuase they don't actually ship a card, more likely a brick if anything at all. When you see deals like these, Amazon could actually just say "you know what, you should have known better, your money is gone bye bye" and I would not blame them either.

I sure hope not, its not unreasonable for someone to not know how much graphics cards are worth and buy it not even knowing it was a complete steal, so I think its unlikely

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Is the shipping handled by Amazon? Or is handling and shipping taken care of by WowDiscounts themselves?

Handled by wowdiscounts which does make it all the more suspicious 

Just now, Rupe said:

-snip-

Honestly i dont know then. The seller seems reputable, but its still a risk buying at such a low pricepoint and even more given that weve recently seen sub 300£ i believe, GTX 1080's from Zotac, Amp Extreme that were definetly a bust at such pricing.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Honestly i dont know then. The seller seems reputable, but its still a risk buying at such a low pricepoint and even more given that weve recently seen sub 300£ i believe, GTX 1080's from Zotac, Amp Extreme that were definetly a bust at such pricing.

Indeed im not getting to excited about it at this moment. Just hopefully if it is a scam i can get my money back

3 minutes ago, Rupe said:

-snip-

Altough if the seller becomes a real pain, you might want to try and ask for Amazon to help and unless the product you receive is a sack of potatoes, and even then, im not sure if they can give you a complete refund on something sold on theyr website, that isnt even shipped from and sold by them, literally making the FBA policy worthless in this case :/. I dont even know if the FBA applies to amazon.co.uk tough xD.

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Altough if the seller becomes a real pain, you might want to try and ask for Amazon to help and unless the product you receive is a sack of potatoes, and even then, im not sure if they can give you a complete refund on something sold on theyr website, that isnt even shipped from and sold by them, literally making the FBA policy worthless in this case :/. I dont even know if the FBA applies to amazon.co.uk tough xD.

I'm not sure how amazon refund policy works either and whether or not it does cover everything sold on their site. But i will certainly try if it does not come/is a sack of potatoes. Guess i will just have to wait and see

Just now, Rupe said:

-snip-

On the other side, you might have just scored one of the best deals online and perhaps youll be glad that you did it :p.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

On the other side, you might have just scored one of the best deals online and perhaps youll be glad that you did it :p.

Thats the dream! :D

If not you can always go to your bank with proof of the purchase being a scam and you should be able to get a full refund.  

8 minutes ago, iiMaagic said:

If not you can always go to your bank with proof of the purchase being a scam and you should be able to get a full refund.  

Er, no. The bank's under no obligation to give you your money back in such a case. 

Of course, if one pays with a credit card, it's a different story.

1 minute ago, Morgan Everett said:

Er, no. The bank's under no obligation to give you your money bank in such a case. 

Of course, if one pays with a credit card, it's a different story.

Even if you pay with a Debit Card you should still be able to get a refund if the item does not arrive/ is not what you actually paid for. 

1 minute ago, iiMaagic said:

Even if you pay with a Debit Card you should still be able to get a refund if the item does not arrive/ is not what you actually paid for. 

The bank may voluntarily run such a scheme for a debit card, in which case you're at their mercy. There's no legal obligation. 

1 hour ago, Sack said:

That's extremely unlikely, Amazon would refund the money if their customer service is worth anything. It's not the costumers fault that they bought something on their site. It's Amazon's fault for allowing that retailer to scam on their site/not refunding the money spent on the scam.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

Funny thing, I also saw the ridiculous video card offers from WowDiscounts on Amazon.co.uk. I first thought it was a once in a lifetime sale or something so I immediately ordered a 1080 Founders edition for 276 pounds (from 640 pounds - LINK). The delivery should take place on the 8th-10th of this month. I so hope this is legit! Also, two of my friends ordered two other 1080s at similar prices ~300 pounds. One of my friends was on the phone with Amazon and they said that if you ordered and received a confirmation that it's legit. If anything goes bad, they will refund the money.

There's this text to consider as well: Amazon UK Policy

"We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.co.uk website or use Amazon Payments; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.co.uk website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee."

It seems ridiculous for Amazon to let its users fall into traps like these. They will definitely fix this issue or refund your money back.

*Edit - Here's the confirmation:

COPY.PNG

Yes buy it so we can laugh at the GTX 260 performance, thanks.

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock . XEON X5650 4.49ghz

Curiously, another reputable seller, Oxfam Wallingford, is currently selling a GTX 1080 for the exact same sum of money, £276.30, and directing customers to contact them about delivery and towards a third party website.

9_9

It seems clear several business sellers have had their accounts compromised. I've no idea what you're due to receive, though I expect it will be fresh air (given it's supposedly a new 1080 for £275, were you expecting anything else?). I hope you paid with a credit card!