UK ISPs have got 21 more pirate sites to block

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24726078

UK ISPs have been asked to block 21 more websites that are believed to be linked to pirated music.

The court order comes from the BPI which represents the British music industry.

The list includes BeeMPS, Abmp3 and several torrent sites, which link to copyright infringing material.

Previously ISPs have been asked to block access to the Pirate Bay and seven other websites.

The new blocks must come into force by Wednesday, 30 October.

"We asked the sites to stop infringing copyright but unfortunately they did not and we were left with little choice but to apply to the court," said Geoff Taylor, BPI chief executive.

Full list of sites that will be blocked
  • Abmp3
  • BeeMP3
  • Bomb-Mp3
  • FileCrop
  • FilesTube
  • Mp3Juices
  • eMp3World
  • Mp3lemon
  • Mp3Raid
  • Mp3skull
  • NewAlbumReleases
  • Rapidlibrary
  • 1337x
  • BitSnoop
  • ExtraTorrent
  • Monova
  • TorrentCrazy
  • TorrentDownloads
  • TorrentHound
  • Torrentreactor
  • Torrentz

Sites such as TPB, KAT and a few other well known torrent sites have already been blocked in the UK, but this is a lot. So far, AFAIK there haven't been any sites deliberately blocked that were wrongly accused of pirating (If I remember correctly there was a time when one of the blocks came into effect when some reasonably large website's IP was included in the ban list by "accident") but it's only a matter of time before the incompetent government and legal system block some legit sites, or start to censor people. Not that the blocks normally work anyway, and most reasonably sized torrent sites just set up dedicated proxies when this happens.

HTTP/2 203

Who cares...there a plenty of options popping up all the time....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

That sucks! Here on the lower lands my IPS had to block The Pirate Bay by the law.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

In my experience my ISP has blocked nothing

wont a simple VPN solve this?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Blocking all of these only stops a small amount of people, most people who torrent know how to use a proxy, VPN or be able to find a mirror.

Meh. VPN. Not that I use one. Cough. Maybe?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

There's plenty of mirrors out there for TPB

[RETRACTED] is what I use, but I rarely pirate anything these days with having Netflix and other streaming services.

Edited by Dim
CoC 6. Piracy

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

http://UKbay.org is what I use, but I rarely pirate anything these days with having Netflix and other streaming services.

I use [RETRACTED] I only really torrent TV shows that air in the US before the UK, with some exceptions.

Edited by Dim
CoC 6. Piracy

I use http://www.torrenticity.com/ I only really torrent TV shows that air in the US before the UK, with some exceptions.

I use [RETRACTED], works perfectly fine.

Edited by Dim
CoC 6. Piracy

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The Music Industry in the U.k just has its head too far up it's own arse to see literally what they are doing, blocking these sites makes 0 difference as new ones will pop up quicker than they can force block them, also add in the fact you can VPN until your heart is content and just pick the torrents up through TPB.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I use http://pirateproxy.se, works perfectly fine.

I use [RETRACTED] as the mirror but [RETRACTED] to find new ones if it gets blocked.

Edited by Dim
CoC 6. Piracy

I use http://www.getpirate.com/ as the mirror but Torrenticity to find new ones if it gets blocked.

:P

No matter what they do, they can't do anything to battle piracy....

Just downloaded and watched Turbo, that snail animation thing, glad I didn't pay (which is what I use piratebay and other sites for, to see if something is worth my money)

I can still get onto all of those websites. Has the act of blocking them already taken place or will it come at a later date. Not that I care though, pirate websites like those should be blocked. Although new ones will just appear in a day or two.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Want piratebay proxied mirrors? Have an entire index. [RETRACTED] It came up in google while I was looking for piratebay and I remembered seeing it, I suppose it could come in useful for you.

Edited by Dim
CoC 6. Piracy

:P

No matter what they do, they can't do anything to battle piracy....

Just downloaded and watched Turbo, that snail animation thing, glad I didn't pay (which is what I use piratebay and other sites for, to see if something is worth my money)

Exactly, I usually use it to see if a film is good or not, no point wasting your money.

Until these blocks get more sophisticated I'm not worried.

Getting around the TPB block is as easy as googling "tpb proxy" and then clicking a random link.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I am bringing the attention of this topic to the Code of Conduct. Specifically, see section 6.

The following violations are grounds for moderator action to your post and/or account:

• Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

I have unlocked this thread for the purposes of discussion, however identifying torrent sources after this post will not be taken to lightly.

Dim

It will take them a few months to totally block them all across the board in the UK. To be honest though most people who are heavy downloaders will be aware and activaely use VPN connections anyway. I access Filestube via a Swedish VPN in London http://www.unblockuk.tk/

I get this page if I try to access TPB http://assets.virginmedia.com/site-blocked.html

set dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 clear cache cookies and close browser and re-open broser.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

set dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 clear cache cookies an close browser and reopen broser.

I know how to get around it, it's just that I was pointing out that the filtering does seem to work. Stuff was filtered with my old ISP even when I was using google open DNS.

HTTP/2 203

They can try to block things as much as they want/have too but more are going to pop up and there will (I believe at least) always be ways to circumvent such blocks.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS