So glad to be rocking intel

FINALLY! I scraped together the money to purchase a proper mobo, ram, and cpu for gaming, Got the intel I3 6100 and 8 gigs of 2800MHz ram. that AMD shit was really getting on my nerves. Every time I wanted to load a game with trash optimization it lagged up a storm! fallout 4, dark souls, dark souls 3, dolphin emulator, and what did I get in return? Slightly faster render times in blender... yea.. 

Now that thats off my chest, what should I do with my 8350, 6300, gigabyte GA 990 FXA UD3 R5, and 8 gigs of ddr3 1600MHZ?

Well since AMD CPUs have lots of cores, you can use them for rendering if you render videos. If you don't, just sell them or give them to a friend who wants to build a pc.

2 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

FINALLY! I scraped together the money to purchase a proper mobo, ram, and cpu for gaming, Got the intel I3 6100 and 16 gigs of 2800MHz ram. that AMD shit was really getting on my nerves. Every time I wanted to load a game with trash optimization it lagged up a storm! fallout 4, dark souls, dark souls 3, dolphin emulator, and what did I get in return? Slightly faster render times in blender... yea.. 

Now that thats off my chest, what should I do with my 8350, 6300, gigabyte GA 990 FXA UD3 R5, and 8 gigs of ddr3 1600MHZ?

I'm happy that you're happy about your sidegrade.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

well, you could always send it to me 

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, 1Reshiram12 said:

Well since AMD CPUs have lots of cores, you can use them for rendering if you render videos. If you don't, just sell them or give them to a friend who wants to build a pc.

I dont have the money to get more parts to make a full PC out of it.

Just now, Jed M said:

Sell it for it's entire worth of $10.

hilarious. 

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

FINALLY! I scraped together the money to purchase a proper mobo, ram, and cpu for gaming, Got the intel I3 6100 and 16 gigs of 2800MHz ram. that AMD shit was really getting on my nerves. Every time I wanted to load a game with trash optimization it lagged up a storm! fallout 4, dark souls, dark souls 3, dolphin emulator, and what did I get in return? Slightly faster render times in blender... yea.. 

sell FX 8350 with GA990FXA UD3 for 180-200$ usd or so. sell FX6300 for 30-40$ USD, sell 8gb DDR3 for 20-30$ USD.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

hilarious. 

sell FX 8350 with GA990FXA UD3 for 180-200$ usd or so. sell FX6300 for 30-40$ USD, sell 8gb DDR3 for 20-30$ USD.

Sounds good!

Build yourself a NAS/render machine? That's basically what my FX PC is now. (By render machine I mean I just use it to transcode stuff so I can keep using my main build for other things at the same time).

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

3 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

If it's such shit, by all means, send it to me. I'll build a computer that's damn near the equal of your i3-6100 rig with it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

well, you could buy some other used components off the internet for dirt cheap if you're patient enough (some cheap PSU, storage device, case, and whatnot) and then resell the computer as a basic desktop/daily driver for like 200-300 bucks for people who just browse and use word and whatnot (or maybe someone wants a cheap computer to fiddle around with linux or something). maybe you could even find a use to having a second PC for those reasons, or maybe a HTPC/media pc... or rendering farm. or folding or something.

or you could scrap for parts outright and maybe get enough money from them to buy yoruself an upgrade on your current PC like case fans or LED strips or something =)

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Willing to sell the 8350? I got a server that would like some more cpu.

How much you want for it, and where are you located?

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

How much you want for it, and where are you located?

Im looking at rount 60-80USD.

Im in the SF bay area.

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

hilarious. 

You're not gonna get 180 USD for a 8350 and a 990FX board used...why buy a 8350 and a 990FX board for 180-200USD when you can get a P67+2600K for around 200 USD or a P67+2500K for around 150 USD....

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If it's such shit, by all means, send it to me. I'll build a computer that's damn near the equal of your i3-6100 rig with it.

You'll never run dark souls 3 at a constant 60fps, sorry fam.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

You'll never run dark souls 3 at a constant 60fps, sorry fam.

Strap my GTX 1070 in there, you bet I will bro.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Im looking at rount 60-80USD.

Im in the SF bay area.

I'll come back to you if I cant find somebody who will buy it with the motherboard. <3

3 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

You're not gonna get 180 USD for a 8350 and a 990FX board used...why buy a 8350 and a 990FX board for 180-200USD when you can get a P67+2600K for around 200 USD or a P67+2500K for around 150 USD....

that paticular board is great for overclocking, and as other people have mentioned the multiple cores are good for something other than gaming, you could lower the price to 150$ if nobody bites. 

3 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

Shhhhh, some people need to render blender or whatever lel.

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

that paticular board is good for overclocking, and as other people have mentioned the multiple cores are good for something other than gaming, you could lower the price to 150$ if nobody bites. 

I found that board for 35 dollars on hws before...

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

I found that board for 35 dollars on hws before...

alright.