So glad to be rocking intel

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Strap my GTX 1070 in there, you bet I will bro.

I bet you wont, I turned the graphics all the way down and the CPU bottlenecked it to about 40-52 frames a second : P

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

I bet you wont, I turned the graphics all the way down and the CPU bottlenecked it to about 40-52 frames a second : P

did you lower the resolution? if so did you get an increase in FPS or same FPS 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

did you lower the resolution? if so did you get an increase in FPS or same FPS 

nah I'm not gonna play at any res other than native so I didnt bother.

nah I'm not gonna play at any res other than native so I didnt bother.

even if you didnt want to play lowering the resolution and getting an increase in FPS means GPU bottleneck 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

even if you didnt want to play lowering the resolution and getting an increase in FPS means GPU bottleneck 

Well lowering all the graphics didnt change the framerate, so I'm pretty sure it was GPU.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

You're doing it wrong.

The i3-6100 is a solid CPU, yes. I own one, I abuse it. The FX 8350 is not new architecture and it's not particularly spectacular, but it's competitive with the 6100 and, in some ways, better. Brute force theory. Apply enough horsepower to the engine (as AMD did) and it can climb the hill.

If an 8350 with a 970 attached can run 60 FPS, then clearly you are well and truly doing it wrong. Being excited about your new system is cool. Ripping manufacturers when you have absolutely nothing empirical to back up your claims isn't. It's a dick move that only makes the whole "AMD vs Intel" bullshit worse.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

5 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Shhhhh, some people need to render blender or whatever lel.

If you're going to do multi threaded tasks, might as well pick up a dual LGA 1366 socket motherboard...

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You're doing it wrong.

-snip-

The i3-6100 is a solid CPU, yes. I own one, I abuse it. The FX 8350 is not new architecture and it's not particularly spectacular, but it's competitive with the 6100 and, in some ways, better. Brute force theory. Apply enough horsepower to the engine (as AMD did) and it can climb the hill.

If an 8350 with a 970 attached can run 60 FPS, then clearly you are well and truly doing it wrong. Being excited about your new system is cool. Ripping manufacturers when you have absolutely nothing empirical to back up your claims isn't. It's a dick move that only makes the whole "AMD vs Intel" bullshit worse.

Not sure what settings he dicked with, but at default, the 8350 is shit in dark souls 3.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

snip

From personal experience, my 8320 and R9 Fury is running fine for 60FPS on High/Ultra for most games. To either combat the "bottlenecking", I'd just VSR the resolution to 1440P or 2160P. 

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

From personal experience, my 8320 and R9 Fury is running fine for 60FPS on High/Ultra for most games. To either combat the "bottlenecking", I'd just VSR the resolution to 1440P or 2160P. 

Ye, but lots of people are reporting FPS drops in dark souls 3 with AMD processors. Its not "Most games" I'm talking about. I'm talking about games with bad optimization.

Ye, but lots of people are reporting FPS drops in dark souls 3 with AMD processors. Its not "Most games" I'm talking about. I'm talking about games with bad optimization.

Even with games of "bad optimization", I was able to get 60FPS in Mafia 3 on High....

Maybe it's related to my 28GB 1866 DDR3 RAM I got, but there are work around ways to combat that bottlenecking with FX processors. 

18 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

Even with games of "bad optimization", I was able to get 60FPS in Mafia 3 on High....

Maybe it's related to my 28GB 1866 DDR3 RAM I got, but there are work around ways to combat that bottlenecking with FX processors. 

Never played mafia 3, but I do know that those games I mentioned ran like garbage. And even elite dangerous was only seeing 52 FPS no matter what I set the graphics too.