Wired vs Wireless Gaming Mice

I found this video informative, but painful to watch. I'm rocking a G900, and I love it just to be clear.

Rocking the G900 and have found that I love the extra "thumb" buttons. the front one sits beside my ring finger and is able to be clicked without any movement or release of the mouse.

3 minutes ago, Mr_VNDL said:

Rocking the G900 and have found that I love the extra "thumb" buttons. the front one sits beside my ring finger and is able to be clicked without any movement or release of the mouse.

Ah see, I didn't put those extra buttons on for that very reason. But hey, everyone wins with customization.

10 minutes ago, DLex said:

I found this video informative, but painful to watch. I'm rocking a G900, and I love it just to be clear.

Yeah, the video was cringe-worthy AF. I'm also rocking the g900 and I love it as well.

There's no need to ever go back to wired after this.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

3 hours ago, xdeadzx said:

While I agree wireless mice are superior due to no cable and Logitech's implementation of wireless is faster than some extremely popular wired mice (like the deathadder 3G)...  This video doesn't explain that or even bring anything useful to the table.  I'm glad it was made, but I don't see t being useful for anyone.

People need to try good wireless mice, but the good ones are all also rather expensive, especially compared to wired equivalents as noted in the video.  And even some pricey ones are shit (again as mentioned in the video, with Razer's wireless mice.)  I know I probably won't ever go back to a wired mouse, and I'm looking forwards to Logitech remaking the G700 with their new g900/g403 wireless technologies and superior buttons.

Still wondering why Logitech hasn't released an update for the 700 series yet, it's the only G series mouse that hasn't. Like you said with the G900 and G403, not much of a excuse not to do one now.

Nice personal experience flow up video from Luke's video witch ex planes the difference between each of the mice.

It was kind of given that wireless mouses will be better then wired mouses we are there but we still have to wait a little longer for the prices to drop for it to be a good price to performance parches.          

I would love a wireless mouse, unfortunately there aren't wireless options for most high end mice. It's a shame, I hate having the cable, especially a braided cable which just gets in the way and won't budge. The wireless charging mousepad is an awesome idea.

The biggest problem with most wireless mice is they rely on batteries - I'd be quite happy to get a wireless mouse if it had a charging dock or charging cable though.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

It was fun, then Edzel tried to do the Outro and I'm laughing really hard.  He must have flubbed it a bunch of times, because it's pretty hilarious.

As for wireless Mice, I got my first one in either 2001 or 2002, so it's even older tech than 2005.  But it doesn't work for Twitch gaming.  At least not until fairly recently.  So it's really cool that the tech is now here, though it'll take a while for the price to come down.

Frankly wired mice and even wired controllers never bothered me at all, I always prefer the convenience to plug and play instead of running after batteries or getting angry over forgetting to recharge it etc... I'd stay that this is still an exclusive matter of preference and say that you must have a wireless device is very silly.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Damn son! Edzel is getting absolutely ragged in the comments and dislikes.

2:1 for Likes v Dislikes though, so I call that a win.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

17 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

While you are talking about expensive wireless mice, what about something like the Logitech G602?  It's pretty damn impressive.

Love that mouse. It feels very light and the advertising is true the battery lasts a longgg time. 

CPU Intel i5 4690k Mobo Gigabyte B85M-D3H GPU Sapphire Nitro AMD R9 Fury RAM 16.0GB @1600Mhz HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 

SSD Samsung EVO 250GB PSU Corsair CS750M  Case Corsair 350D Cooling Corsair H80i Monitor 2x AOC 2769M IPS Os Win 10 Home   

2 hours ago, Simurgh said:

Love that mouse. It feels very light and the advertising is true the battery lasts a longgg time. 

Bought it three months ago, use it everyday for both my laptop and desktop.  I hit the battery indicator light, it's still full, or at least, almost near full.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Kinda hoped Edzel would back up the claims of wireless being faster, with some sort of actual benchmarks. If its actually necessarily at all, were talking about input speeds of 1ms here.. Also wonder how it works in a stressed situation and in the long run. If the quality of batery and/or wireless components deteriorate over time. Wireless has never been perfect with gaming, from wireless wifi to keyboards or mice. So with competitive gaming i cant even imagine taking the risk with those kind of setups. Ive had the experience with old logitech wireless series and input laggs in crucial moments or reading wrong mouse movements. And im not up for that anymore.

And im supprissed that finnaly a proffesional player uses a wireless mouse. Doubt more will follow though. Not only do proffesionals use wired for a garuanteed connection. But its also often driverless profiles onboard that they can be used and switch threw on LANs. Your system can change every match in tournaments. So connect and it loads your profile for CS and the right hz/windows sensitivity. Which is ideal in those conditions. Not sure how it works with wireless mice? Kinda missed that in the video.

Overall good video, outro was a bit cringe though.

This video certainly felt rushed. It felt as it this video had to get out ASAP

I am currently using a G602 and aside from having some issues with the scroll-wheel click (which why I am considering another mouse) I love it. Granted the games I play the most isn't high-action game but still. I also prefer heavier mice in general but YMMV at this point.

Poor edzel, really appreciate that he went out to host a video and it's a very informative video..

Screenshot (1).png

Meanwhile I pet my new Logitech Trackman... pondering about potential reinvestment into ambidextrous marblewheel/ball mice.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

I disliked this video not because of who is on it but because of what kind of dishonest information is presented. Obviously the only weak point of a wired mice - compared to wireless - is the cord. Unfortunately, the whole part of the video showcasing how the cord is "in your way" is obviously faked and is presenting this as a bigger obstruction then it really is. I would expect this kind of manipulation from teleshopping not LTT.

If you are seriously moving your mouse like this while gaming that tells me you are not a serious gamer. Correct DPI settings allow you to move your mouse within 5-15 cm box - depending on your hand size. This takes less time and allows for quicker reactions because relying only on the muscles in your hand. Who would care about additional "signal lag" if it takes you ages to move your mouse over the mouse pad in the first place.

Wireless gaming mice are not popular because those offer very little benefit over wired counterparts - in a realistic use case scenario - for a very considerable price bump. 

If the shape/weight appeal to you then there's no need to stick with the wired counterparts. Simply put, people are hating because they can't justify spending that kind of money on peripherals. If the g900 was priced at $75 (USD) I'm sure you'd see more talk about it being a worthy contender for best mouse.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Can anyone recommend a wireless mouse that I can use for gaming but won't run my bank account into the ground? I've been eyeing the M705 and M330 for a bit but wasn't sure if they were decent.

15 hours ago, Undertow_ said:

Can anyone recommend a wireless mouse that I can use for gaming but won't run my bank account into the ground? I've been eyeing the M705 and M330 for a bit but wasn't sure if they were decent.

If 150 $ (price of the G900) ruins your bank account, it's time to get a job or save for a while. A peripheral isn't something you buy for a year, it's something you will use over multiple years, even more than a phone. Having to pay more for a better experience on the long run is a good solution. The M705 isn't bad, it's just more limited. You have no control over the DPI, it use AAA batteries and the technology for the connection isn't as good.