Wired vs Wireless Gaming Mice

Wooo Edzel! :D

Nice to see him on the other side of the camera for once.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I would watch the video but my wireless mouse and keyboard ran out of battery

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I would watch the video but my wireless mouse and keyboard ran out of battery

Then how did you type this??o.O

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Then how did you type this??o.O

Cortana

Very informative video. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I'm a wireless convert, at least for mice. Being free of the cable is a beautiful thing, though I do concede the charging is a PITA. I'd like to see a solution involving wireless charging built in to a mouse mat, then wireless mice would be perfect.

10 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Cortana

*insert comment about wireless headset being dead*

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

28 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I'm a wireless convert, at least for mice. Being free of the cable is a beautiful thing, though I do concede the charging is a PITA. I'd like to see a solution involving wireless charging built in to a mouse mat, then wireless mice would be perfect.

Best idea yet

i liked it , was a bit rambly and not like 200 pages of information , but nice to watch non the less , more edzel pls 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Great video Edzel!

I don't get it why there is so much hate on this video, you should probably Just ignore it.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

or ideally , wireless charging+data on a wired mousepad . That would allow for VERY low latency will still retaining the mobility.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Using wireless mouse right now. Never been happier since. No more mouse cord getting in the way of my hand!
I do put the receiver dongle below my desk where the mouse is and use USB extension to connect it to the PC. Trying to make input lag as thin as possible. Since the distance to the PC is pretty far.

As of now,

Capture.PNG

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I really do think people overreacted to this video with the whole "cringe" stuff.

But it seems to be a popular subculture online to react negatively to anything remotely "cringe". 

I've been using a razer mamba Gen1 for the past 5+ years, excited to replace it with a G900 (it was half off, black friday!), shipping now. S t o k e d. 

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!

I've G900, love it. Feels like Edzel was forced to make quickly video. Script or thoughts weren't put together in smooth order and sums up it wasn't much informative. 

Spoiler

-CPU: Intel i7-6700k (4.4GHz) -RAM: 32GB DDR4 (2400MHz) -GPU: Nvidia GTX 980M (1206MHz Core, 2525 MHz Memory) 
-SSD1: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SATA  -PSU: 230W  
| XMG U506 (Clevo P751DM-G)

Pff, I loved this video. People be crazy when they see something different.

Anyway, Edzel, great job!

Wait a sec, wasn't he the one that looked surprisingly good in the dress at the murder mystery?!

I like the new location he (or whoever it was) used for the filming. Change is nice. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

While I agree wireless mice are superior due to no cable and Logitech's implementation of wireless is faster than some extremely popular wired mice (like the deathadder 3G)...  This video doesn't explain that or even bring anything useful to the table.  I'm glad it was made, but I don't see t being useful for anyone.

People need to try good wireless mice, but the good ones are all also rather expensive, especially compared to wired equivalents as noted in the video.  And even some pricey ones are shit (again as mentioned in the video, with Razer's wireless mice.)  I know I probably won't ever go back to a wired mouse, and I'm looking forwards to Logitech remaking the G700 with their new g900/g403 wireless technologies and superior buttons.

While you are talking about expensive wireless mice, what about something like the Logitech G602?  It's pretty damn impressive.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

To be honest I'm amazed that some gold digging company *cough* razer/corsair *cough* *cough* haven't made a wireless mouse that sits on a mousepad that charges it. Kinda like nfc but it's the whole surface of the pad/mat and not just one area. If you think wired mouses have been around for over a decade, look up the "tesla coil" and wireless energy. That's been around since aprox. 1891...

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

Loved Edzel as the host! 

Also, your hat is great :)

Was I helpful? Accept my answer or agree / mark me as informative!

Quote me, or I probably won't notice you responded to me!

Only Constructive Criticism is taken into consideration. 

Been rocking wireless mice for about 10 years now. I have not tried wireless gaming mice though. My MS Bluetooth Mouse works very well.

I think the wireless charging mat idea is genius.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER