Sum up your life in a quote

LukeS

If you had to sum up your life in one quotation from a historical figure, author, or modern day person, who and what would it be?

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

He had many games, yet he felt that he had none.

-Me on steam, 2016

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, DaBeggad said:

"Arbeit macht frei"

that's an interesting quote to bring up, to say the least :P

(but in essence, it *is* accurate...)

"what am i doing? why am i doing anything? what differance does it do to the inevitable death of everyone, everything and the universe? well whatever games are fun"- me in my head as soon as im not playing games

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

3 minutes ago, DaBeggad said:

"Arbeit macht frei"

Well, the original sign "Arbeit macht frei" is here in Poland and I've been in the place where it's placed (Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp), you wouldn't say that it's accurate if you've seen what I saw in there... I'm usually the kind of person who doesn't give a shit about nearly anything, a trip there moved me a little though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Life is simple but we insist on making it complicated.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Just now, DioOmicida said:

Life is simple but we insist on making it complicated.

DAYUUUUM :D

1 minute ago, DaBeggad said:

what you saw there? dont tell me you were there 70 years ago ... shit waddup :D

Piles of glasses, clothes and other belongings taken from people right before getting gased by Nazis using Zyklon B to do that. A painful death, read how you die from Zyklon B.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

translation?

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Well, the original sign "Arbeit macht frei" is here in Poland and I've been in the place where it's placed (Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp), you wouldn't say that it's accurate if you've seen what I saw in there... I'm usually the kind of person who doesn't give a shit about nearly anything, a trip there moved me a little though.

well, we're talking about a movement that used a peace symbol to start a war...

actually, thinking about it, if my parents insist on me going "sightseeing" somewhere, i'd most likely choose a location like that, because of the sensation these locations carry without needing a guide to tell you why you should care (like for example on the citytrips my parents love to do..)

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Piles of glasses, clothes and other belongings taken from people right before getting gased by Nazis using Zyklon B to do that. A painful death, read how you die from Zyklon B.

yeah it was cruel and ive been in dachau saw the shower and thought "dat was shit" and "damn holes to fill" and went on

2 minutes ago, LukeS said:

translation?

"Work sets you free"

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

well, we're talking about a movement that used a peace symbol to start a war...

actually, thinking about it, if my parents insist on me going "sightseeing" somewhere, i'd most likely choose a location like that, because of the sensation these locations carry without needing a guide to tell you why you should care (like for example on the citytrips my parents love to do..)

It's an interesting trip there, really, kinda changes your view on life.

2 minutes ago, LukeS said:

translation?

"work sets you free"

it's a banner nazi germany had plastered all over the camps where they eventually "disposed" of countless people because they somehow did not fit in their ideals of society (mind you, not only jews were gotten rid of there)

it is in essence true in our modern society, but it has a lot of "baggage" behind those words.

should probably note this topic is most likely a bit too heavy to handle on this forum, so we should move away from it.

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

"Work sets you free"

It's an interesting trip there, really, kinda changes your view on life.

its interesting but how changes it your view on life... it was more than 70 years ago... if that changed your view on life go to israel and think of the crusades :D

2 minutes ago, DaBeggad said:

its interesting but how changes it your view on life... it was more than 70 years ago... if that changed your view on life go to israel and think of the crusades :D

Hard to describe, I love history and I knew very well what to expect there, it still caught me off-guard though. The cruelty and what one human being is capable of doing to another just because some mad freak that became a dictator said so is hard to fully comprehend until you see shit like this.