What CPU would be the best for me?

Gwish

I'm thinking about getting an i7-6700k or i5-6600k, but my friend is strongly advising me to get an AMD fx 8350, saying it performs better than an i5-6600k and being half the cost. Is this true? My GPU would be a gtx 1070

Just now, Gwish said:

I'm thinking about getting an i7-6700k or i5-6600k, but my friend is strongly advising me to get an AMD fx 8350, saying it performs better than an i5-6600k and being half the cost. Is this true?

Nop not true. Price of the AMD is great of course, good CPU for the price, but the intel one will beat his ass !

I suggest going for the 6700k, it is REALLY worth it, and will DESTROY your friend's AMD.

Also for  along term you will not regret it.

Look at BF1, it is CPU greedy as fu** and even the i5 6600k is struggelin a bit in some maps.... better go 6700k trust me bro

Your friend must be retarded:

cWstbJe.jpeg

Seriously the FX 8350 even struggles against a bloody i3 in some titles:

Added to the fact that it's a dead platform, you are better off with the i5 6600K with this budget. Please till your friend to stop talking BS.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Your friend must be retarded:

cWstbJe.jpeg

Seriously the FX 8350 even struggles against a bloody i3 in some titles:

But then  AMD fan boys will yell at the 1 game the fx does better sayin SEEEE SEEEE THE AMD BEATS INTEL xD 

And not to mention its an i3 xD

7 minutes ago, Gwish said:

I'm thinking about getting an i7-6700k or i5-6600k, but my friend is strongly advising me to get an AMD fx 8350, saying it performs better than an i5-6600k and being half the cost. Is this true? My GPU would be a gtx 1070

The FX-8350 performs worse than the 6600K. Here is the performance against a mildly overclocked i5-2500K from 2011. The i5-6600K will be at least as good as that, probably better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WH-54cE0Wo

13 minutes ago, Gwish said:

Yes your friend must reek of bullshit hahah! I would got for a 6700k, like was said earlier in games like Star Citizen and BF1 the 6700k just has the edge over the 6600k (you should rule out the AMD mate) Also for Vulcan and DX12 the 6700k will make a big difference! Best of luck mate and make sure u walk all over your mates AMD!  

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

6700k just a beast, and nowadays, you will need the 8 cores believe us !!!

8 Threads I think you mean. Also, 666 posts. Better quit while you're ahead!

Just now, NinJake said:

haha yeah, 4 cores, 8 threads, 8 cores, all the same :P 

just kiddin,

didn't want to confuse people, 8 core is easier to understand xD

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

there, lost the Evil in me