LF WoW people

Katsunaka

Im thinking about getting back into it. I don't have the expansion. I wont need it til I get near level cap anyway.  Plan on leveling a new toon on a new server. 

Anyone wanna level up, do some questing for lore(potentially even loremaster). If not no biggie. 

If it works out then Ill go ahead and grab the expansion and get back into raiding. 

If not then all im out is the sub money.

Im available sunday and monday mostly. Tuesday is iffy. Wednesday and Thursday you probably wont see me. Friday sometimes. Saturdays are few and far between.

I just quit again due to the fact I'm working nights so any real raiding is pretty hard to come by. The new expansion is much better than the last one (WoD) and there's a fair amount to do now especially with the new artefact weapons. Ive played on and off pretty much since TBC release, I don't know when you quit but the new one aint too bad. Mythic + is good provided you play a needed class, problem is, it will be hard for you to get a group cause as people gear so do the required "ilvl".

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

18 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Im thinking about getting back into it. I don't have the expansion. I wont need it til I get near level cap anyway.  Plan on leveling a new toon on a new server. 

Anyone wanna level up, do some questing for lore(potentially even loremaster). If not no biggie. 

If it works out then Ill go ahead and grab the expansion and get back into raiding. 

Im available sunday and monday mostly. Tuesday is iffy. Wednesday and Thursday you probably wont see me. Friday sometimes. Saturdays are few and far between.

I'm changing jobs so I'm not 100% sure what my availability will be and my subscription expired and I didn't have the money for it to renew. I have the new expac, and I agree with @stealth80 it's better than WoD. 

Also school but that tends not to be too big a deal.

My main is almost 110. (109)

14 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I just quit again due to the fact I'm working nights so any real raiding is pretty hard to come by. The new expansion is much better than the last one (WoD) and there's a fair amount to do now especially with the new artefact weapons. Ive played on and off pretty much since TBC release, I don't know when you quit but the new one aint too bad. Mythic + is good provided you play a needed class, problem is, it will be hard for you to get a group cause as people gear so do the required "ilvl".

I never really got into raiding, according to my mom that's what got her sort of hooked on WoW. I believe she started in TBC though was introduced to it back in vanilla. I started back in WotLK stopped before Cata. I just returned shortly after WoD.

Legion is good though, I think the class halls are cool. I like that monks go back to the Wandering Isle and Demon Hunters are pretty cool. Though I guess it was kinda unfortunate that the Peak of Serenity was "lost" to the invasion. Though it is kinda weird with the OG Dalaran and the new Dalaran.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 hours ago, stealth80 said:

snip

I haven't played since MoP. I played off and on during BC. Then came back mid LK got back into pretty heavily, played some of Cata (mainly early) came back during LATE cata, enjoyed some MoP, quit while the achieve/mount for SoO Heroic was still a thing. Then haven't been back since. I logged on to check my characters, make sure they were fine and still saved. 

14 hours ago, wcreek said:

snip

Yea raiding is what kept me around. When I came back for LK, I got in with a group, and raided hardcore. Then they moved off server and I chose not to follow due to going on a deployment soon. They fell apart, I was blamed. Then I quit shortly after the whole Deathwing raid thing, before FL.

Ended up coming back, raiding with some new people. Taught a bunch of them how to raid effectively, and became the RL.  I enjoyed just teaching and really working towards completing SoO. Never finished it with them, finished it elsewhere.

I think I've managed to talk myself out of WoW again. I might try Elysium when it comes out with the Nostalrius stuff. I never played during Vanilla, I came in during BC. 

If that looks promising and has room for a new to vanilla person to really get into it and enjoy, then I'll try, if not I'll give Star Citizen a good chance.

3 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

snip

Ah, nah I figure I'll renew my subscription eventually. Though I just recently bought CoD:WaW so I've been playing that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

I haven't played since MoP. I played off and on during BC. Then came back mid LK got back into pretty heavily, played some of Cata (mainly early) came back during LATE cata, enjoyed some MoP, quit while the achieve/mount for SoO Heroic was still a thing. Then haven't been back since. I logged on to check my characters, make sure they were fine and still saved. 

Yea raiding is what kept me around. When I came back for LK, I got in with a group, and raided hardcore. Then they moved off server and I chose not to follow due to going on a deployment soon. They fell apart, I was blamed. Then I quit shortly after the whole Deathwing raid thing, before FL.

Ended up coming back, raiding with some new people. Taught a bunch of them how to raid effectively, and became the RL.  I enjoyed just teaching and really working towards completing SoO. Never finished it with them, finished it elsewhere.

I think I've managed to talk myself out of WoW again. I might try Elysium when it comes out with the Nostalrius stuff. I never played during Vanilla, I came in during BC. 

If that looks promising and has room for a new to vanilla person to really get into it and enjoy, then I'll try, if not I'll give Star Citizen a good chance.

I hated most of MoP I quit pretty much all of ToT, I cleared upto Heroic Tortos but got bored and went back to my old realm eventually killing Garrosh Hc 25 man before the Myth/WoD pre-patch hit. I hated WoD, I mained a lock and changes sucked ass as they have in Legion, the class was perfect, it just worked and scaled well and they fucked around with it and made it clunky. I doubt ill go back again now, legion was going to be the exp I thought i'd stick to, I played the whole BC and LK to the end, only the exp after I've veered away.

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

WoD is as good if not better than TBC. It may be the best one yet. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

8 hours ago, Altecice said:

WoD is as good if not better than TBC. It may be the best one yet. 

Wow that's a first haha, not many people agree with you there, you've only got to look a subs to work that out, because you are entitled to your opinion :)

for me in order of best to worst (I didn't play vanilla) TBC > Wotlk > MoP > Legion > WoD > Cata ........ Cata needs to removed from existence!

Ryzen Ram Guide

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, Katsunaka said:

Come play with me on kronos...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

Wow that's a first haha, not many people agree with you there, you've only got to look a subs to work that out, because you are entitled to your opinion :)

for me in order of best to worst (I didn't play vanilla) TBC > Wotlk > MoP > Legion > WoD > Cata ........ Cata needs to removed from existence!

No, its not.  Once Activision got their hands on it, the game went down hill PERIOD.  Dungeon Finder ruined the team play of the game, cross realm ruined the exclusivity of the game, and making the instances easier, leveling easier, gear easier, reputation easier, and basically every aspect of the game is easier just allowing for more casuals to come in and suck harder.  Personally, I think that WotLK was the last GOOD expansion pack, and Cata was the start of the end.  And I played all the way through WoD, so don't give me this shit of I didn't play it or anything.  I was a top ranked healer, I have like every loremaster achievement, and even have 2 realm first achievements.  The best times was in Classic wow right before TBC came out (keep in mind back in that time there were several people that still hadn't even gotten to end game content yet, much less beat it.  It was MUCH harder in those times to get gear leveled up, and your spell mastery (etc))

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

If you play on Stormrage(NA) alliance I can give you some 30 slot bags and money for epic flying.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

5 hours ago, JefferyD90 said:

No, its not.  Once Activision got their hands on it, the game went down hill PERIOD.  Dungeon Finder ruined the team play of the game, cross realm ruined the exclusivity of the game, and making the instances easier, leveling easier, gear easier, reputation easier, and basically every aspect of the game is easier just allowing for more casuals to come in and suck harder.  Personally, I think that WotLK was the last GOOD expansion pack, and Cata was the start of the end.  And I played all the way through WoD, so don't give me this shit of I didn't play it or anything.  I was a top ranked healer, I have like every loremaster achievement, and even have 2 realm first achievements.  The best times was in Classic wow right before TBC came out (keep in mind back in that time there were several people that still hadn't even gotten to end game content yet, much less beat it.  It was MUCH harder in those times to get gear leveled up, and your spell mastery (etc))

What are you on about? You basically disagreed with me and then went on to repeat what I said ....

he said WoD was best I disagreed and said TBC > Wotlk were much better .... and subs back that up. How you ranked as a player doesn't mean shit, its an opinion which is the same for any player who has subbed since release, it doesn't matter how they play or what content they cleared. I too have had plenty of top 10 ranks on mage and lock but never mentioned it as it is irrelevant, But I do agree with everything else you said, Activision, Dungeon Finder, LFR, Gearscore, Flex (normal) lockouts, the lack of variable content etc oh and don't get me started on the drubbing down of stats (aka from like 14 including crush, def cap, exp, hit, spell hit, arm pen etc)

However Legion is a definitely an improvement, although they effectively killed alts with the intro of the artefact levelling

Ryzen Ram Guide

17 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

However Legion is a definitely an improvement, although they effectively killed alts with the intro of the artefact levelling

They have made the game more casual (hence Dungeon Finder etc...) and thats fine because most of the WoW playerbase are older people with jobs who have played for years, who dont have time to hardcore raid anymore. 

I believe they said that they will introduce a catch up mechanic for Alts "soon".

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

1 minute ago, Altecice said:

They have made the game more casual (hence Dungeon Finder etc...) and thats fine because most of the WoW playerbase are older people with jobs who have played for years, who dont have time to hardcore raid anymore. 

I believe they said that they will introduce a catch up mechanic for Alts "soon".

Well ye, but they also killed it for more hardcore raiders. There's too many settings per raid. They should done some various size raids, I miss the old 10 man kara and ZA which offered the opportunity for smaller segments of guilds to do shit that wasn't progress/farm raids, right now we have the same dungeons on multiple difficulties and the same raid on multiple difficulties. We can say its been made casual for the majority player base, but if that's the case, why has their subs halved since they started doing so ?

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, stealth80 said:

Well ye, but they also killed it for more hardcore raiders. There's too many settings per raid. They should done some various size raids, I miss the old 10 man kara and ZA which offered the opportunity for smaller segments of guilds to do shit that wasn't progress/farm raids, right now we have the same dungeons on multiple difficulties and the same raid on multiple difficulties. We can say its been made casual for the majority player base, but if that's the case, why has their subs halved since they started doing so ?

Im not sure but I belive I read somewhere that the subs have bounced back up to around ~10M since Legion... Not bad tbh.

1 minute ago, Altecice said:

Im not sure but I belive I read somewhere that the subs have bounced back up to around ~10M since Legion... Not bad tbh.

They always do after a new exp, give it 10 months or so, I for one I have just cancelled my sub, but tbf that's purely personal reasons aka I work nights and finding a raiding guild that's meets my work requirements/progress expectations is impossible, and I don't wanna bounce servers again, especially with the shitty gold cap on transfers

Ryzen Ram Guide

23 minutes ago, Altecice said:

A true WoW player doesn't have a job at all, and doesn't want one.  We just need a computer and a internet connection.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, JefferyD90 said:

A true WoW player doesn't have a job at all, and doesn't want one.  We just need a computer and a internet connection.

/s :P

My guild <Rival Gaming> on Kil'Jaeden US is looking for active PvPers. We're currently ranked 24th in the US. Also if anyone needs a Warlock for PvP feel free to add me tomthehoon#1533. Currently like 2100cr and have 2400xp

I'm off and on so randomly because of school, work, and holidays that i don't do much. but i'll gladly add anyone that wants to do stuff. Horrorcosmic#1339

Hopefully things with even out after the holidays.