HTC Vive Wireless accessory

trogdor0
1 minute ago, Jorgen297 said:

Don't listen to the haters of this forum. Post as you want until the mods message you. 

Or just read the rules and don't have the mods message you...

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Just now, sazrocks said:

Or just read the rules and don't have the mods message you...

Didn't see them when i went to do so. My mistake Again still rather new.

----  Xeon E3-1230 v2  --  EVGA 960ssc  --  AsRock Extreme Z77  --  Sandisk SSD Plus  --  NZXT S340  ----  

http://uploadvr.com/18-minute-sell-out-htc-vive-wireless/

Looks like it's doing well, and you even needed to provide your Vive serial to buy one.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

this is seriously amazing

hopefully it comes to fruition, and doesn't end up being terrible

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, BMG_Andrew said:

Didn't see them when i went to do so. My mistake Again still rather new.

It's fine, everyone makes mistakes, I was just frustrated with someone saying that you should break the rules all you want until someone messages you to stop.

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

i wonder what kind of wifi?

Wirless D,

or LiFi?

14 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

retoast 

tumblr_nsp6zs4pyS1s3lkzpo1_500.gif

and doesnt meet news standards

It's a bit ironic. That your post doesn't meet post standards :/

No spam

• ‘LMGTFY’ links
  • Post count/reputation farming
  • 'Ask Me Anything’ threads
  • Tagging things as 'repost' or 'reported'

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

2 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

This isn't even breaking the rules, a simple repost? Shit this happens like 1000 times per day and no one ever got a warning point because of it. Stop being a hater and try having a good time on the forum instead of looking at every microscopic fraction of the Community Standards and reporting it. 

1. Yes, this is breaking the rules; look at the sticky right at the top of the section that even has capital letters.

2. How am I a hater for saying that someone broke the rules? I don't even dislike them. I'm just trying to keep the forum organized.

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

8 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

This isn't even breaking the rules, a simple repost? Shit this happens like 1000 times per day and no one ever got a warning point because of it. Stop being a hater and try having a good time on the forum instead of looking at every microscopic fraction of the Community Standards and reporting it. 

As previously noted, reposts of news items specifically, are indeed, against the rules.

Furthermore, you yourself quite simply noted why we should discourage reposting: "Shit like this happens like 1000 times per day"

Basically, by encouraging reposts, it means the Mods have to work way harder to try and clean up all the reposts and lock or merge as necessary. That's a lot of unnecessary work. Imagine how horrible the News sub forum would be if they didn't tackle reposts? You'd have 10 of the same topic on every page.

Now, I'm not gonna harp on the OP. He's been informed of the rules (which he himself states he didn't know about, so he learned something), but furthermore, the post has already been reported as a repost (Don't worry OP, you won't get in trouble for this).

Ideally, people would just report the post and move on with life without "backseat modding", but lots of times, the Mods can take hours to get around to locking a repost thread.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

15 minutes ago, ThatOneRussian said:

It's a bit ironic. That your post doesn't meet post standards :/

No spam

• ‘LMGTFY’ links
  • Post count/reputation farming
  • 'Ask Me Anything’ threads
  • Tagging things as 'repost' or 'reported'

Idk how much more friendly i can get telling a new user about news standards than with toast flying into a cieling =P 

And i did say repost, i said retoast. Is different. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

3 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

I don't encourage reposts I'm just saying we shouldn't get too technical about rules all the time. I encourage new posters to stay here and have a good time and be active instead of worrying "does this post break an implied point of the community standards?"

I understand your general sentiment, and I overall agree with your point. But this isn't "implied". It's quite explicitly against the rules.

In the other forums outside of news, I'm very much relaxed about the rules, and if I see a problem, I prefer to report it and just let the Mods deal with it behind the scenes. I take the same stance here in News, but I also understand that it's more important to educate newer News posters, so that they learn from their accidental mistakes, and thus next time they can make an even better news post.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

15ms is not good. Rule of thumb is the maximum total latency that's acceptable for VR is 20ms. We're currently barely hitting that number with wires. Adding 15ms with WiFi...

According to whom? Total latency is nowhere near 20ms. The display alone has at least 11ms latency. Game engines adds way more than 20ms by themselves.

The controller you get with the Oculus Rift has like 70ms latency by itself.

50 minutes ago, BMG_Andrew said:

*snip*

Was already posted, I merged both threads.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

50 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

According to whom? Total latency is nowhere near 20ms. The display alone has at least 11ms latency. Game engines adds way more than 20ms by themselves.

The controller you get with the Oculus Rift has like 70ms latency by itself.

The controller is irrelevant. We're not talking about traditional input latency, we're talking about head movement to photons latency. Which is in the 20ms range with the Vive and Rift. That's why we have various advanced reprojection and warp features, otherwise indeed the rendering would take way too long.

The problem is it took a lot of work to get us to a good spot for latency across wires. Going wireless suddenly adds extra latency that may be very, very difficult to deal with.

But we'll see when it's tested. I would absolutely love to see wireless PC VR upgrade kits.

9 hours ago, Sakkura said:

The controller is irrelevant. We're not talking about traditional input latency, we're talking about head movement to photons latency. Which is in the 20ms range with the Vive and Rift. That's why we have various advanced reprojection and warp features, otherwise indeed the rendering would take way too long.

It would be cool if they could fit the reprojection and warp features inside the headset (or next to the battery in your pocket etc.) eliminating latency on that end while still transmitting actual new frames wirelessly.

I saw this headline elsewhere yesterday morning and it absolutely made my day. I got to play around with the Vive at a friend's house and literally the only negative part of the experience was having to deal with the wires getting snarled up while playing Holopoint. So if this wireless adapter works properly, count me in. :)