Sennheiser HD6XX Review

Buy (or request, if they're sold out) these headphones on Massdrop: http://dro.ps/ltt-hd6xx

These headphones used to retail for close to $500. Nowadays, they're $200, and that makes them one of the most sensible choices in the category...

also why so late? can we get a more predictable schedule, like yesterdays video was posted 3 hours earlier then today's video

Feelsbadman got the akg702 on mass drop theb 2 months later these come by fml

Maybe (probably) next time ;) 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Product is manufactured in Ireland, designed and sold by a German company, yet the product gets shipped from the US, forcing everyone but 'Mericans to pay an arm and a leg in customs and duty fees. Brilliant.

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

also why so late? can we get a more predictable schedule, like yesterdays video was posted 3 hours earlier then today's video

Noon is the "designated release slot," sometimes that doesn't happen due to issues with editing or export process. Since the move to noon I'd say 90%+ of the videos have released on time.

The drop was out yesterday (Nov 8th, morning at 6am PST) and I first got wind of it through Dimitri on HWC 

and even had a thread on tech news and reviews: 

the LTT video came 36-ish hours too late to warn us. But it seems like this was such a popular drop that it slowed down their servers and hardly anybody that actually tried to get in on time, actually got one. Here's hoping there's another drop, and is properly announced beforehand.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

I've often wondered with these drops, are they selling them at near loss or something? Why so few units. They obviously sold out of 5000 overnight, why not get 100,000 worth of stock?

Forget "the $200 price point"; these are easily the best headphones under $1000. Pair with a good amp like the Schiit Vali 2 and you'll have better sound than 99.99% of people.

3 hours ago, LucidMew said:

The drop was out yesterday (Nov 8th, morning at 6am PST) and I first got wind of it through Dimitri on HWC 

and even had a thread on tech news and reviews: 

the LTT video came 36-ish hours too late to warn us. But it seems like this was such a popular drop that it slowed down their servers and hardly anybody that actually tried to get in on time, actually got one. Here's hoping there's another drop, and is properly announced beforehand.

maybe LTT were still in Vessel time lol

@CPotter

Is that fake typing? Also when did you become LMGs poster boy?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

@CPotter

Is that fake typing? Also when did you become LMGs poster boy?

Maaayybee, lol and only because I've been around and Linus or Luke wasn't.

wow cheap, would have bought one but they sold out too fast.

On 11/10/2016 at 10:53 AM, gonvres said:

Great, and I'd love to buy some. But none available...

If you are willing to skip the special edition color from Massdrop, the HD650s are identical in terms of sound.  Personally I kinda prefer the black/gray look of the classic.  Right now, they appear to be running at around 320 USD on amazon.  Not bad considering I paid 500 dollars for my pair.  Totally worth it imo.