Every Internet transaction goes through the NSA, along with every phone call

TopWargamer

http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/24/edward-snowden-statement-every-call-internet-transaction-goes-through-nsa/#qM7uAAScMzygdGja.99

Prism leaker Edward Snowden released a statement to the American Civil Liberties Union today, saying that every internet transaction that passes the borders of the United States goes through the NSA’s hands, and that no phone in America makes a call without leaving a record with the NSA.

Here’s his full statement:

“In the last four months, we’ve learned a lot about our government.

“We’ve learned that the U.S. intelligence community secretly built a system of pervasive surveillance. Today, no telephone in America makes a call without leaving a record with the NSA. Today, no internet transaction enters or leaves America without passing through the NSA’s hands. Our representatives in Congress tell us this is not surveillance. They’re wrong.

“Now it’s time for the government to learn from us. On Saturday, the ACLU, EFF, and the rest of the StopWatching.Us coalition are going to D.C. Join us in sending the message: Stop Watching Us.”

We all know that the NSA tracts our phone calls and Internet activity, but monitoring transactions? If they wanted to, they could see everybody's personal information and steal that information for themselves (I'm talking about individual NSA workers here). Can they (the NSA employees) legitimately not see how bad the stuff they're doing is? 

So before you click that 'Checkout' button, just remember that however secure you are - or feel - you're not. Scary thought, isn't it? 

COMIC SANS

At this point, is anyone even remotely surprised?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

From what I read in that extract it only talks about America, not all the Internet. That's a pretty sensationalist title! I wouldn't be surprised though if it applied to the rest of the world.

I can't say that I'm surprised at all.

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | ASUS STRIX 970 | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB/256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 240GB Intel 335 Series | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 10 Pro

I feel like this doesn't matter. Who cares if the NSA can see that I bought a blue tutu, people seem to be making a big deal out of this stuff.

you-dont-say.jpeg

Your entire life is tracked if you didn't realize it already.

There are bigger powers at work here, even bigger than the NSA.

ah52232063.jpg

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

So the NSA knows I buy shittons of PC parts on Amazon, so what they also probably know that my favorite color is purple and that I think they can suck a fat one.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I feel like this doesn't matter. Who cares if the NSA can see that I bought a blue tutu, people seem to be making a big deal out of this stuff.

until they decide we need money and bleed everyone accounts regardless of where they are in the world. what can anyone do about that.. 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

So the NSA knows I buy shittons of PC parts on Amazon, so what they also probably know that my favorite color is purple and that I think they can suck a fat one.

And the "adult services" you're paying for.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

People should realize that we've had this going on for years, and nothing you can do will stop them from doing it. I bet people don't even realize that America has the technology of drones that can see you from 1 to 2 miles in the air for over 6 years.

Back from the dead....

A little off topic, but still has to do with the NSA. Other countries recently discovered that they  were being monitored by the NSA. For example, Germany is freaking PISSED at us right now because they found out that we were tapping their phone calls. 

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

And the "adult services" you're paying for.

There's plenty free "services" on the internet, paying for them is stupid.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Considering everything ending in .com is "american" and therefore covered under their stupid laws, It's a lot more than you think.

From what I read in that extract it only talks about America, not all the Internet. That's a pretty sensationalist title! I wouldn't be surprised though if it applied to the rest of the world.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

What i learned:

If you are going to do illegal things make sure its not bad enough to get the NSA involved. Be a drug dealer, murderer, or kidnapper and you'll be fine because the NSA will not use it's resources to catch and convict you. But if you mess with the NSA or call someone who called someone who called someone who knows someone who has a friend who knows someone who called someone whose brother called a terrorist then your internet and phone records will be looked at, which they have been collecting for many years, and if in 2008 you posted on myspace that you didnt do your taxes then the IRS might get proof of this which they will claim they actually found accidentally because it would be illegal for the NSA to give them the information. So, if you dont know someone who knows someone then you'll be ok on your illegal activities.

People should realize that we've had this going on for years, and nothing you can do will stop them from doing it. I bet people don't even realize that America has the technology of drones that can see you from 1 to 2 miles in the air for over 6 years.

The EU are looking into making new laws which would stop this kind of privacy intrusive monitoring.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20130502BKG07917/html/QA-on-EU-data-protection-reform

Using like a billion iphone cameras lol.

This is rediculous and out if control if the US wants to do this to there own country go ahead but to monitor others is not right and every country should be doing something about this we have countries for a reason we stick to our own land and we make laws for it u don't go snooping threw everyone's stuff!!!