Who says Asus support is bad?

Katsunaka

Broke a fan on my 1070, applied for an RMA, got it approved, got expedited repairs and expedited return shipping(shipping is at my cost) all the SAME DAY. Not even 7 hours after the fan broke, it'll be shipped out back to Asus for repair.

For the time being, I'll be using it's bigger brother the 1080, once I uninstall the waterblock. 

I can't complain, lets hope I can have it back by next weekend. They'll have it monday, so off to take out the 1070, and install the 1080 then to Fedex.

Depends on luck and where in the world you are. Some companies can provide great support in say North America, but lousy in Europe.

Also in the case of Asus that makes almost everything, it may depend on the type of product. The graphics cards division may have a better approach to service than say the monitor division.  

2 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

The reason ASUS support has many differing opinions is because it's such a huge company even it's own divisions act differently to each other. For example, ASUS phone division might handle customer support differently to ASUS GPU division, which might handle customer support differently to ASUS motherboard division, etc. etc.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

This human says ASUS support is bad.

And like them we get one of these topics about ASUS being trash at customer support every once in a while.

It's been a while since I last saw @thekeemo, but he's got a warranty ratings thread, and ASUS has scored many really bad RMAs where the person would ship the item for an RMA, and never get anything back.

Warranty support ratings. - General Discussion - Linus Tech Tips

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

This human says ASUS support is bad.

And like them we get one of these topics about ASUS being trash at customer support every once in a while.

It's been a while since I last saw @thekeemo, but he's got a warranty ratings thread, and ASUS has scored many really bad RMAs where the person would ship the item for an RMA, and never get anything back.

Warranty support ratings. - General Discussion - Linus Tech Tips

When I used to have a 270X made by Asus it was great until it one day died for literally no reason that I could make out. I requested an RMA and they told me that it was somehow my fault the card died and never sent me a new one or refunded me. Was pretty pissed as I spent a good amount of money on putting the PC it was in together.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

When I used to have a 270X made by Asus it was great until it one day died for literally no reason that I could make out. I requested an RMA and they told me that it was somehow my fault the card died and never sent me a new one or refunded me. Was pretty pissed as I spent a good amount of money on putting the PC it was in together.

Hmm good thing I'd bought Sapphire instead of Asus...I used to own a Asus R9 270X but lucky that it didn't die...

10 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

Hmm good thing I'd bought Sapphire instead of Asus...I used to own a Asus R9 270X but lucky that it didn't die...

Sapphire support is trash too xD

But yeah, won't be buying another Asus GPU, let alone their boards which I have my own reasons for not liking.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

35 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Sapphire support is trash too xD

But yeah, won't be buying another Asus GPU, let alone their boards which I have my own reasons for not liking.

My experience with Sapphire wasn't bad. One of the fans on my RX 480 NITRO started making a horrible grinding noise, so I requested a replacement fan because they're detachable. I opened an RMA, they asked for a recording of the noise, I provided it, they asked for a mailing address for the replacement, I gave them it, and they put a brand new fan in the post for me. All in the process from opening the ticket to receiving the replacement took just over two weeks.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

My experience with Sapphire wasn't bad. One of the fans on my RX 480 NITRO started making a horrible grinding noise, so I requested a replacement fan because they're detachable. I opened an RMA, they asked for a recording of the noise, I provided it, they asked for a mailing address for the replacement, I gave them it, and they put a brand new fan in the post for me. All in the process from opening the ticket to receiving the replacement took just over two weeks.

I remember @thekeemohaving bad experiences with them. Dunno a lot about their service myself.

Update...

My 1070 is pending fedex pickup. Estimated delivery is tomorrow.

If that holds up 6 day turn around on a broken fan. 

Broke Saturday, contacted Asus, got RMA approved and sent out Saturday. 

Delivered Monday. Pending shipping Thursday and estimated delivery Friday. 

Now when FedEx shows out for delivery I can start putting my 1080s waterblock back on and just run off the iGPU until it goes back together.

On 11/5/2016 at 9:31 AM, Katsunaka said:

Broke a fan on my 1070, applied for an RMA, got it approved, got expedited repairs and expedited return shipping(shipping is at my cost) all the SAME DAY. Not even 7 hours after the fan broke, it'll be shipped out back to Asus for repair.

Where I used to live, it took 2-3 weeks for shipping.

My experience with Asus has been less than desirable, between them breaking a motherboard, sending out a unprotected laptop, and claiming I was a fault for a GPU fan dying. I don't buy Asus anymore, they dun messed up too many times.

6 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Where I used to live, it took 2-3 weeks for shipping.

My experience with Asus has been less than desirable, between them breaking a motherboard, sending out a unprotected laptop, and claiming I was a fault for a GPU fan dying. I don't buy Asus anymore, they dun messed up too many times.

I live in Dayton Oh and the repair facility is in Louisville Ky. 

I opted to pay for faster shipping coming from them to me.  So downtime would be minimized. 

I cant complain. So far Asus has been good to me. My original need for all this was very minor. If Asus could have sent me the fan, I could have done the repair. 

These Strix Pascal cards have been my first non EVGA card. Ive used EVGA gpus for so long. I just didnt like the way the current ones looked, so i picked up the Asus ones because I think they look good and have a color neutral scheme.