Worldwide tablet sales down almost 15 percent

goodtofufriday

Source: http://in.pcmag.com/microsoft-surface-3/109519/news/low-cost-detachables-in-the-lead-as-tablet-market-slump-pers

According to the report, the response for the tablets is still going down. Vendors shipped 43 million units in the third quarter of 2016, a year-over-year decline of 14.7%, according to preliminary data from the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker.

In contrast to the annual decline, the shipments from the third quarter were up 9.8% over the second quarter of 2016 as the larger vendors prepared for the holiday quarter.

The low cost detachable/convertible machines with a sub-$200 price tag received a considerable rise in sale numbers. However, one of the senior research analyst with IDC, Jitesh Ubrani said,” Unfortunately, many low-cost detachables also deliver a low-cost experience”.

tablet-vendors-idc-2016.jpg

My only comment is that we really need some actual innovation in the market.Removing features like USB ports, SD card slots, and the like are detrimental IMO, it was those things that made tablets a viable pc replacement. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Its because everyone who wanted a tablet already has one and upgrading doesnt add anything new.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Definitly a saturated market. Everyone who wants one already has one, and there really hasn't been any reason to replace them, considering how little development there has been over the last few years. It's the same problem PC and phone sales are encountering. 

I can imagine the more and more succesful hybrid designs and cheap alternatives like chromebooks are eating into tablet sales as well. 

To tablet manufacturers out there: This is what you get when you let people like me replace the battery in their table+its dock, and allow heavy overclocks on the CPU+GPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The reason all of those viable options like sd and usb cut into their bottom line. They have a better chance of you buying a new tablet if those things weren't included. Same reason why every phone is sealed and have no sd.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Remember when tablets were gonna kill the desktop PC?

15 minutes ago, Daring said:

Lolz

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

37 minutes ago, Daring said:

Could have happened if makers pushed for functionality and full windows + invested in docking solutions. Oh well

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

48 minutes ago, Daring said:

Yep, so far Microsoft has been the only one succesful at making a somewhat laptop/desktop replacement with a tablet. The Microsoft Surface Pro 3/4's really are outstanding products. However they come at a heavy premium.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

10 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Yep, so far Microsoft has been the only one succesful at making a somewhat laptop/desktop replacement with a tablet. The Microsoft Surface Pro 3/4's really are outstanding products. However they come at a heavy premium.

Yes. I guess what didn't help either is that there are so many mediocre tablets, that offer even worse performance and for example screen resolution than an average smartphone. I can imagine a lot of people were put off from the whole concept because of such rather underwhelming devices.

I simply don't see a need for a andriod or IOS tablet, everything it can do, my phone can do. For me a normal tablet has always basically been a big media phone.

I love the surface pro kinda tablet, because it has full windows, but andriod or IOS nah.

I own a cheap windows tablet and I only use it when I am sick and laying in my bed and I use it for youtube and netflix.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.