Microsoft Calls iWork Watered Down Office

Eroda

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/microsoft-calls-free-iwork-apps-watered-down-vs-office-1193034

I don't think they get the fact that its free , and the type of people who use iWork aren't necessarily needing a business oriented software suite , they just want to type up a Resume or recipe or make a home movie etc.

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

watered down from the demo I saw it looked to be fully capable of producing the same things office can and thats coming from an apple hater at the moment.

I don't think they get the fact that its free

Office is as well, with Windows RT devices. Anyway of course Office is more advanced that iWorks. The things you can do in programs like Excel are amazing. Like you said though, most people don't need this much functionality.

I don't think anyone will disagree that the iPad sucks for productivity compared to the Surface, but most people doesn't buy tablets for productivity, they buy them for media consumption.

Google and Microsoft have their online document editors... Those are free.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Office is as well, with Windows RT devices. Anyway of course Office is more advanced that iWorks. The things you can do in programs like Excel are amazing. Like you said though, most people don't need this much functionality.

I don't think anyone will disagree that the iPad sucks for productivity compared to the Surface, but most people doesn't buy tablets for productivity, they buy them for media consumption.

I would argue that the iPad is better for productivity. In that it's better designed for tasks suited to its strengths - touchscreen. Surface still relies on Windows, which is inherently designed to work with a keyboard and mouse.

If I wish to access Office, I want to access it through a device properly designed to work with it. I do not want to use a device which just so happens to be 'capable' of running it.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

yeah but its not just on their Tablet, its free for every apple machine from now on. desktop or mobile. the day MS gives away Office for free the world will end

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Hang on Mr. One Sided.
This is a reply after Apple insulted Microsoft during its keynote in a very arrogant matter.

I would argue that the iPad is better for productivity. In that it's better designed for tasks suited to its strengths - touchscreen. Surface still relies on Windows, which is inherently designed to work with a keyboard and mouse.

If I wish to access Office, I want to access it through a device properly designed to work with it. I do not want to use a device which just so happens to be 'capable' of running it.

There is no productivity with an iPad. I haven't seen 1 single student since I am university, and I am all day at the library, that is working with an iPad.

I did see student with their new iPad started to take noted in class, but after 3 weeks, they are back with pen and paper or laptop. You just can't.

It's only good at viewing documents or PDF's. Not being productive on it.

Microsoft has OneNote and that destroys Apple offering. A very advance note taking software, which you can see has been deeply thought about, to make sleek, and originated notes, complete with search that can search through pictures, and a very good, if not, best, hand recognition software. Software is pecifically designed for laptops and tablets. This comes with every edition of Office, and a light version online. Basically with one note, you don't need to navigate the menus to get formatting done. It knows when you want to do a paragraph with tab key, or convert into table, for example, to showcase the software power. Oh and it's available stand alone in MSDNAA/Dreamspark.

Good , stuff MS im still pissed that they dont pass down DX updates to operating systems they still officially support. if they stopped D3D updates after they stopped officially supporting the OS that would be fine, but what they do irritates me and im not an Apple Fanboy i dont own any apple products but MS needs to get their heads out of their ass

Hang on Mr. One Sided.

This is a reply after Apple insulted Microsoft during its keynote in a very arrogant mater.

which part of the promo did that?

ps: i only watched resumes  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

There is no productivity with an iPad. I haven't seen 1 single student since I am university, and I am all day at the library, that is working with an iPad.

I did see student with their new iPad started to take noted in class, but after 3 weeks, they are back with pen and paper or laptop. You just can't.

It's only good at viewing documents or PDF's. Not being productive on it.

Microsoft has OneNote and that destroys Apple offering. A very advance note taking software, which you can see has been deeply thought about, to make sleek, and originated notes, complete with search that can search through pictures, and a very good, if not, best, hand recognition software. Software is pecifically designed for laptops and tablets. This comes with every edition of Office, and a light version online. Basically with one note, you don't need to navigate the menus to get formatting done. It knows when you want to do a paragraph with tab key, or convert into table, for example, to showcase the software power. Oh and it's available stand alone in MSDNAA/Dreamspark.

You may not find it suitable for your requirements, but to make a blanket statement that it is not suitable for productivity is completely inaccurate. It is a well-established fact at this point that the iPad has become an integral productivity tool for many people - students, teachers, doctors, journalists, lawyers, scientists, shop assistants and even astronauts have been using them.

At my College alone I see many people using their iPad every day. Note-taking, task managing, note sharing... if you have your research notes on display on your iPad you can simply hand it to your peers and they'll instantly see it. No faffing around with uploading to dropbox, no lugging around an (in comparison) bulky and heavy laptop - simple, easy and fast.

iPad also comes with the App Store, which has an extensive collection of productivity applications which frankly the Windows Store at this point couldn't dream of having. There's no comparison.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Since when was Office some sort of hardcore sacred software that is godly without flaw? It's office..for word processing..wat.

i'm not an advanced user of anything so i think free wins

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch