AMD Radeon R9 290X Launch

thelude

Wow, I'm really impressed with the performance in 1080p especially vs the GTX Titan 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

dont be like all the AMD supremacists on youtube/anandtech now.... i would say AMD have taken a nice gouge into Nvidia's high prices and will bring prices down and knock some sense into them, but in no way does this card just totally destroy Nvidia like all the hype said it would.

Do you see the benchmarks were the 290x is beating TItan?

You guys have absolutely no idea how excited I am for this

And you don't need to wait anymore. :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I wonder how quick australia will get this, think this will go well with a u3014

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Pretty nice results, but definitely not the Titan Killer that was hyped. They both trade blows, and each have their advantage. I'm still waiting for Mantle to see if it turns the 290X into a true Titan Killer.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

wow, after a quick glance it looks like the 290x is about 5-10% faster than titan.  Given that titan was released a year ago (centuries in technology years) It's not much of win.  I am glad it's going to be cheaper (not that that means anything to us aussie's who'll probably still pay almost a grand for it) that means that Nvidia will have to seriously consider dropping their prices.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wonder how quick australia will get this, think this will go well with a u3014

not too long after the yanks, I'm more interested in how much they will charge us. I've got ten bucks says it's close to a grand for us even though they can have it for 550.

Pretty nice results, but definitely not the Titan Killer that was hyped. They both trade blows, and each have their advantage. I'm still waiting for Mantle to see if it turns the 290X into a true Titan Killer.

I can't see mantle having that much impact really, I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Remember manufactures, make sure that their Gpu's slot right in front of their competitor.

wow, after a quick glance it looks like the 290x is about 5-10% faster than titan.  Given that titan was released a year ago (centuries in technology years) It's not much of win.  I am glad it's going to be cheaper (not that that means anything to us aussie's who'll probably still pay almost a grand for it) that means that Nvidia will have to seriously consider dropping their prices.   

They are $700 on PCCG with BF4.

I think the win here is the price.

They are $700 on PCCG with BF4.

I think the win here is the price.

that has wowed me more than the performance of the card :lol: 

So Paul managed to overclock a reference 290X to 1070MHz on the core, and 1313MHz on the memory. Benchmarks in the video.

I doubt this was very silent and cool (temperature wise), but this probably means the non-reference cards, especially DirectCU II and Windforce versions will be excellent.

http://youtu.be/ZBNJIMihePg

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

It is a SWEET card.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Just had conformation from overclockers uk that i got my first choice Asus R9 290X BF4 @ £499.99 and its dispatching "as soon as we can."

Just noticed that you can find the price on Newegg when they aren't displayed by filtering it down in the search options... So that card will be $589.99 USD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121819

I don't need a new GPU... but its hard to resist as I was expecting it to cost more.

Freaking sold out almost instantly where I am, just when I was about to order...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Freaking sold out almost instantly where I am, just when I was about to order...

PCCG had pre-orders available for the 290X for quite some time. Anyway, I'd wait for non-reference cards if I were you.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

WOW WTF is is $1400NZD here. :angry:

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Trading blows with the titan like that and at a really competitive price. Nice work AMD, but will it shadow play? :P

Lance.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Using Tapatalk

Purchased. 

Damn, the XFX one is already sold out!? Glad the Sapphire one is still up.

Damn, the XFX one is already sold out!? Glad the Sapphire one is still up.

yeah I wanted the Asus one for the 1 extra year of warranty but its not up. Sapphire is a still a good brand, 2 year warranty should be fine.