Gotta Love Windows 10 On Educational Computers

SuperShermanTanker

So I since the intetnet wasn't working in the wing of the collage where I was doing work so I went to the libary and they happened to have computers with Windows 10 and yahhh..... gotta love Windows 10....image.jpeg

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

rWDwN.png

I don't even know how to feel about this.

does that even qualify as a good idea? I mean, the box is smaller then the monitor, why would you do this?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It's even worse when it updates.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Gotta love them computets.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I suppose it's okay since it's HP on HP, I'm more triggered by the cable under everything. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

So I since the intetnet wasn't working in the wing of the collage where I was doing work so I went to the libary and they happened to have computers with Windows 10 and yahhh..... gotta love Windows 10....

Please wait while we suck 15 minutes of your work time by installing some unnecesarry updates...

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

At least your computers are running win10, my schools are running win8. Yes you read that right. Not 8.1, windows fucking 8.

1 minute ago, Wrb said:

At least your computers are running win10, my schools are running win8. Yes you read that right. Not 8.1, windows fucking 8.

Im so sorry man.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

rWDwN.png

Funny enough that little box is pretty capible even beating out a FX6300 image.jpeg

(PS I took this pic on my home desktop that's why you see the 4690k in orange and not the 6500t)

2 minutes ago, Wrb said:

Well ur lucky, Most computers here have Windows 7, and we have another room with computers running XP or even W2K. In that room, 60% of the monitors are beige CRTs.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

4 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Please wait while we suck 15 minutes of your work time by installing some unnecesarry updates...

Then your IT deparment doesn't know that for windows 10 education, and enterprise edition you can delay updates so that doesn't happen to people.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

9 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Im so sorry man.

Worst thing is I have a friend who runs windows 8 at home (not intentionally, he had to factory reset after the free upgrade had expired) and who also plays FPSs on a controller. And he goes on about it 'not being that bad' and how 'its easy to use after you get the hang of it's every time. Its just so annoying using a OS for phones on a pc

Windows 10 isn't really at fault here. Your IT department either configured the PC to install feature updates or this screen is shown for a long time because they didn't make a default profile beforehand. Or they're using HDDs in which case you're just screwed anyways.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

12 hours ago, MSWindowsinside said:

Windows 10 isn't really at fault here. Your IT department either configured the PC to install feature updates or this screen is shown for a long time because they didn't make a default profile beforehand. Or they're using HDDs in which case you're just screwed anyways.

From the looks of how often the HDD light was on it definitely has a HDD in it and not a SSD and also judging by the size of the actual unit it has a 2.5 inch drive

6 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

So I since the intetnet wasn't working in the wing of the collage where I was doing work so I went to the libary and they happened to have computers with Windows 10 and yahhh..... gotta love Windows 10....image.jpeg

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little looking at this  :S

...and I don't mean the windows at all. Did they get a 4 year old or something to decide to put the monitor on top? and even worse get a cable trapped beneath too. I know generally IT techies at schools/colleges tend to have a devil-may-care attitude, but that is dumb AF.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

9 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little looking at this  :S

...and I don't mean the windows at all. Did they get a 4 year old or something to decide to put the monitor on top? and even worse get a cable trapped beneath too. I know generally IT techies at schools/colleges tend to have a devil-may-care attitude, but that is dumb AF.

The wire under the computer was from the student's and not the ITs the computer I was on was the only one that had the wire for the keyboard like that 

8 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

The wire under the computer was from the student's and not the ITs the computer I was on was the only one that had the wire for the keyboard like that 

Ahh I see, not qute so bad then... but still, having the monitor on top is crap,  why not just mount the device to the back of the monitor or something. Unless of course the monitor doesn't have mounting points, but could still fashion a mount from velcro or something, it just looks hideous like this and half-arsed, lol

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Yeah it kinda sucks that. Every time you login to a new computer takes a little while to login. Also that message I think is not necessary