Will my motherboard get bricked

Go to solution Solved by MilkJugg24,

No you won't brick your motherboard, but you risk not being able to boot into whatever operating system (i.e. Windows) If you install Kubuntu in this mode.

If you can also install Kubuntu in bios-compatible mode like you original OS, you shouldn't be seeing that error or any other discrepancies. 

So here is the story I wanted to install kubuntu on my 2013 Alienware m17x and I did it successfully it works fine.

but during the installation it gave me a waning like this:

"Force UEFI Installation? This machines's firmware has started this installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there maybe existing operating systems already installed using BIOS compatibility mode, If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode,it might be difficult to reboot into any BIOS-mode operating system"

I just wanna now did I screw up my laptop and if can I fix  it or should I leave it as is because I am very happy with kubuntu I love it, it is amazing.

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

No you won't brick your motherboard, but you risk not being able to boot into whatever operating system (i.e. Windows) If you install Kubuntu in this mode.

If you can also install Kubuntu in bios-compatible mode like you original OS, you shouldn't be seeing that error or any other discrepancies. 

Spoiler

In BIOS, you need to select AHCI and UEFI in the BOOT MODE and STORAGE selections. Thoe wording may be different, but it should be close.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

• 2 weeks later...

Also, If you're dual booting, You want to install Ubuntu in the same manner (UEFI VS legacy BIOS) as the first OS.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430