craigslist

happy57110

it maters where you are and how popularly your item is 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

It depends on your area and what you are selling, it would be impossible to accurately tell you. However from my experience selling a dslr near a major us city, it sold in under a week. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Depends on what market you're going for and how well you can cater to it.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

if you're trying to sell computer related items i'd recommend reddit rather than CL

All depends, just sold a pair of GTX 980s in less than two hours but I've had a PS3 listed for over a month now.

Yep, area and what you are selling.

I know when I was back in northern part of California.  Computer parts and electronics sold like hot cakes.  Back here in the south east of Alabama on the other hand.  It straight up slow as molasses.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

6 hours ago, snoopunit said:

if you're trying to sell computer related items i'd recommend reddit rather than CL

Reddit is only swapping stuff isn't it?

Also in a unsecured swap on that blah site there's no protection from getting scammed.  You could send your stuff to someone and they could lie and say they never got it or send you a box of baby food instead of money or whatever they were supposed to.

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Reddit is only swapping stuff isn't it?

Also in a unsecured swap on that blah site there's no protection from getting scammed.  You could send your stuff to someone and they could lie and say they never got it or send you a box of baby food instead of money or whatever they were supposed to.

Craigslist doesn't necessarily protect you from scammers either - plenty of stories on this very site of that happening. Meeting in person and accepting Cash Only is probably the easiest way to prevent scamming with Craigslist.

If you really want to protect against scammers, sell using eBay. Only accept PayPal. Fully insure the value of the shipment w/ tracking, and signature at delivery.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

of all the shady places /r/hardwareswap is the least of them. as long as your invoicing your sales and not sending anything before receiving payments you should be fine. you can trade and sell/buy on this platform

27 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Craigslist doesn't necessarily protect you from scammers either - plenty of stories on this very site of that happening. Meeting in person and accepting Cash Only is probably the easiest way to prevent scamming with Craigslist.

If you really want to protect against scammers, sell using eBay. Only accept PayPal. Fully insure the value of the shipment w/ tracking, and signature at delivery.

True but if you're trading/selling things on Craigslist in person then if you meet in a safe place like at a police station you're physically protected and if the person doesn't have what they're supposed and in the described condition you can just say no deal and leave.  Yes this doesn't protect you from buying broken items that look in good shape but compared to Reddit it's still far better.

Buying/trading on Reddit amounts to crossing your fingers and repeating "Dear random stranger on untrustworthy website please don't scam me".

Even if some people use Reddit for computer hardware and have good experiences it's just too risky compared to eBay or Craigslist.  Craigslist at least protects you from receiving nothing or the wrong item in the wrong condition.  eBay has strong buyer protections that override seller attempts to circumvent the rules by saying things like "no refunds for any reason" so far as I know.  I've seen sellers try to put conditions like that but ebay's own policy stated on every listing page states that if you don't receive the item you ordered or if it's not as described you'll get your money back.  

Reddit offers none of those benefits and is thus the inferior choice to buy or trade on.