LCD sidepanel case now available on pre-order

iBuypower showcased an NZXT Noctis 450 case with a 4:3 built in transparent LCD panel at the Intel booth at PAX West 2016 as a prototype, it looks amazing.

The current prototype connects to a spare HDMI port and iBuypower said they are working on one that connects via USB (header on motherboard).
However, no details as to when it might become available for consumers was and has been provided since...

Now the Dutch company Arctic Secrets has put an NZXT H440 case with a transparent LCD panel up for pre-order with an expected delivery date of 1 December 2016, check it out here (site is in Dutch; will auto play a video so be warned).
The bare case with LCD side panel will cost €499,- with free shipping to The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
It will have a 1600x900 resolution display as well as white led strips inside the case, 4 included case-fans and place for 3 more.
The LCD panel will be connected via 1x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 internal headers.

Here is a clear video of the case in action.

I would rather get a new gpu than spending 500 dollar for something that IS NOT BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

7 minutes ago, Ayporos said:

iBuypower showcased an NZXT Noctis 450 case with a 4:3 built in transparent LCD panel at the Intel booth at PAX West 2016 as a prototype, it looks amazing.

The current prototype connects to a spare HDMI port and iBuypower said they are working on one that connects via USB (header on motherboard).
However, no details as to when it might become available for consumers was and has been provided since...

Now the Dutch company Arctic Secrets has put an NZXT H440 case with a transparent LCD panel up for pre-order with an expected delivery date of 1 December 2016, check it out here (site is in Dutch).
The bare case with LCD side panel will cost €499,- with free shipping to The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
It will have a 1600x900 resolution display as well as white led strips inside the case, 4 included case-fans and place for 3 more.
The LCD panel will be connected via 1x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 internal headers.

Here is a clear video of the case in action.

Hey, thas pre'cool.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

This is what I did to my window years ago.

fWs0r0e.jpg

While I understand that it is possible to do something like this yourself, it isn't something a whole lot of people would dabble with.
The fact that a company is now selling cases with it pre-installed is pretty cool.

I expect more companies to start doing this as I do believe it might become the 'next big thing' in terms of case-modding.
They can always do it in a way that you can buy the LCD panel as a loose item to spruce up your existing case (from same manufacturer) or some company might start just producing 3rd party LCD side panels for a wide range of (popular) cases.

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

This is what I did to my window years ago.

fWs0r0e.jpg

It is a iPad 3 LCD screen in my case window connected though DP to my GPU.

but that ipad costs the same for a panel

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Or you can just try to ghetto mount a monitor on the side of ITX build and have portable and powerful

yeah, i know i'm asking for too much, but i kinda wish the window extended fully to the borders

Details separate people.

12 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

I would rather get a new gpu than spending 500 dollar for something that IS NOT BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't think your obsession is healthy. :P 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

I don't think your obsession is healthy. :P 

well this place is blue anyway

Image result for hospital blue

2 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Or you can just try to ghetto mount a monitor on the side of ITX build and have portable and powerful

but why? you spend 5000 dollar for a titan xp in sli and then to have a 100 dollar monitor block the whole panel

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

but why? you spend 5000 dollar for a titan xp in sli and then to have a 100 dollar monitor block the whole panel

Because i'm bill gates and like cool stuffz

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Because i'm bill gates and like cool stuffz

Image result for lcd side panel

6 minutes ago, Ayporos said:

While I understand that it is possible to do something like this yourself, it isn't something a whole lot of people would dabble with.
The fact that a company is now selling cases with it pre-installed is pretty cool.

I expect more companies to start doing this as I do believe it might become the 'next big thing' in terms of case-modding.
They can always do it in a way that you can buy the LCD panel as a loose item to spruce up your existing case (from same manufacturer) or some company might start just producing 3rd party LCD side panels for a wide range of (popular) cases.

I like that it is clear, that would be harder to do, and the iPad screen was too high res (2048 x 15xx) so text was SUPER small

6 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

The panel cost me $50 on ebay and the custom controller by rozsnyo $99

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

43 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

The screen can be made to be transparent, as the video shows.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Just now, Centurius said:

The screen can be made to be transparent, as the video shows.

I was referring to @keNNySOC about the custom made panel

4 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Its rgb

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Its rgb

But the colours isnt that good.

anyway, I would love to have a transparent screen on the cases I want and have, I dont want a NZXT case.
I also want it to use it for other stuff.
So if someone know how to buy the screen standalone, pliz tell me!

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Holy SHIT I HAVE a white h440 case i could put this on when the price drops in the future.... as they realize no ones gonna buy it therell be sales and such wow good choice i made buying h440

14 hours ago, Zeeee said:

Holy SHIT I HAVE a white h440 case i could put this on when the price drops in the future.... as they realize no ones gonna buy it therell be sales and such wow good choice i made buying h440

I am not certain if they ship worldwide and what pricing for that would be.
I believe it's a relatively small company so you could always mail them that you'd be interested in getting only the LCD side panel and ask them what that'd cost.