Best 2560X1440 IPS Monitor?

orangecat

I was looking at the Dell Ultra Sharp but i don't understand the model numbers. i do like to have but awesome colours are more important then refresh rate.

pretty much all IPS panels have a refresh rate of 60

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the asus

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

PA279Q should be the best but if you don't need all these features that nobody needs then go for the PB278Q (It's like 300$ cheaper) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

@Glenwing knows the Dell model numbers like the back of his hand. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The U2713HM is amazing. It was kn sale at newegg for $545 and with promo codes it got down $515 

Not to mention Dells warranty. 3yrs no questions asked replacement. You get 2day crossshipping free of charge. So youre never without a monitor and you never pay a cent. The panel color quality is amazing.

Get the Dell you cant go wrong.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

The U2713HM is amazing. It was kn sale at newegg for $545 and with promo codes it got down $515 

Not to mention Dells warranty. 3yrs no questions asked replacement. You get 2day crossshipping free of charge. So youre never without a monitor and you never pay a cent. The panel color quality is amazing.

This, not much more to say.

Kinda does some justice for me as I'm going to be purchasing this exact monitor just before christmas.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Kinda does some justice for me as I'm going to be purchasing this exact monitor just before christmas.

seriously the easiest warranty process ive ever been through.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

isn't there only two 27" dell monitors?  u2713hm + u2713h

u = ultrasharp

27 = screen size

13 = year

not sure what h and hm stand for, but the dell model numbers are pretty easy.

but ya, there's really no point in buying anything except dell if you're fine with 60hz.

seriously the easiest warranty process ive ever been through.

One of the main reasons I want the monitor, great quality, incredibly great warranty since the monitors are under the buisness section of Dell so there isn't any pissing around.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

isn't there only two 27" dell monitors?  u2713hm + u2713h

u = ultrasharp

27 = screen size

13 = year

not sure what h and hm stand for, but the dell model numbers are pretty easy.

but ya, there's really no point in buying anything except dell if you're fine with 60hz.

The H model is wide-gamut the HM is not. Read the reviews on the Dells though, they have suffered major quality control issues that result in cross hatching and back lighting issues. Check out the Viewsonic VP2770 it is a much better offering than the Dell or the Asus. Check out NCX review at http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/13392-viewsonic-vp2770-review-2560x1440-semi-glossy-pls.html . He has other good reviews on the other common IPS monitors. 

dell...

On a bright background (e.g. white), the lower half of the screen displays a faint pattern of thin diagonal alternating bright and dark bands. It's barely noticeable at arm's length, but quite noticeable if you look at the screen from half that distance. This is enough of a turn off to have returned the monitor, unfortunately. I compared to an Asus PB278Q (side by side) and the Dell does have better image quality, but those annoying textured bands are hard to ignore.

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

In Dell's naming convention, H means 16:9 aspect ratio, M means no wide gamut color support, just standard 8-bit colors.  Usually this implies a 6-bit panel with 8-bit colors but once in a while, an 8-bit panel but still with 8-bit colors (no 10-bit color support).  Otherwise if one of those letters is missing, the default is 16:10 aspect ratio (if there is no H), and 8-bit panel with wide-gamut 10-bit color support (if there is no M).

U2312HM is 16:9 (1920x1080) 6-bit panel/8-bit color (23", 2012 edition)

U2412M is 16:10 (1920x1200) 6-bit panel/8-bit color (24", 2012 edition)

U2413 is 16:10 (1920x1200) 8-bit panel/10-bit color (24", 2013 edition)

U2713H is 16:9 (2560x1440) 8-bit panel/10-bit color (27", 2013 edition)

U2713HM is 16:9 (2560x1440) 8-bit panel/8-bit color (27", 2013 edition)

So basically once you get familiar with the conventions, you don't even need to look at each spec sheet, you can just scroll down a list of models and know exactly what each one is.

@Glenwing knows the Dell model numbers like the back of his hand. 

It's not so hard, really :P

Sorry, Korean IPS beats everything ATM.

Sure, if you like shotty build quality.

Depends on your Budget really.

If you're looking for "the best" IPS / PLS monitor, you gonna be with Eizo I'd say, but you gonna spend well over 2-3k on it =P

Otherwise Dell, Asus, Samsung is where you should be looking ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Rephrase, it beats everything in performance*

rephrase again: it beats everything in upfront-cost.

try shipping that thing back and forth to get a defect fixed and you've waited 2 extra weeks and spent $50 in shipping (being pretty optimistic with my numbers here).

The H model is wide-gamut the HM is not. Read the reviews on the Dells though, they have suffered major quality control issues that result in cross hatching and back lighting issues. Check out the Viewsonic VP2770 it is a much better offering than the Dell or the Asus. Check out NCX review at http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/13392-viewsonic-vp2770-review-2560x1440-semi-glossy-pls.html . He has other good reviews on the other common IPS monitors. 

remember, a dell u2713hm is only $550 in NA.

*looks at dell monitor that I'm reading this forum on*

THE best consumer 2560x1440 monitor is the viewsonic VP2770, Best response rate, One of the best preset colours. Semi glossy matte coating so no grainy matte.

No backlight bleed. It doesn't use PWM backlighting.

Overall the best. Menacing tuba has a review of it if that counts for something.

THE best consumer 2560x1440 monitor is the viewsonic VP2770, Best response rate, One of the best preset colours. Semi glossy matte coating so no grainy matte.

No backlight bleed. It doesn't use PWM backlighting.

Overall the best. Menacing tuba has a review of it if that counts for something.

And you can get it on Ebay refurbished for $499.99 with a 90 day warranty from Viewsonic. Got mine last week and love it. They were doing 3 year last week, but that has since dropped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewsonic-VP2770-LED-S-27-2560x1440-Super-IPS-LED-Display-/300986938323?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item46143833d3

It's simple, the more you pay, the better the monitor is.

The high-end consumer grade monitor, is fairly clear cut.

All are IPS, all are true 8-bit panels, all can do 16.7 million colors or 1.07 billion colors.

All have a color processor and Look Up Table matching the panel specs.

What exactly you need help with?

i wana get a benq bl2411ptwhich is an IPS with 1920x 1200 . Do u guys think its a good res for gaming?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

You'll have a slightly smaller field of view, but you can always set the resolution in the game settings to 1920x1080 and run that natively.  You'll get thin black bars on top and bottom but it doesn't bother me personally.  1920x1200 is more comfortable for everything outside of games.

You'll have a slightly smaller field of view, but you can always set the resolution in the game settings to 1920x1080 and run that natively.  You'll get thin black bars on top and bottom but it doesn't bother me personally.  1920x1200 is more comfortable for everything outside of games.

Wouldn't you actually have a larger field of view? Since both monitors will display 1920 pixels across, the 1200p one shows 1200 vertically. So it's the same width, and more vertical, right?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB