xserd

My original build i had last year :P

i5 650

leadtek gtx 650ti

4gb ddr3

500gb hitachi

Some random $10 crap case

Made changes like no tommorow with it, and ended up with the rig in my sig

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

My first own PC was an Acer Aspire 5738Z (specs in name)

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

My one was (and now still is) a Core 2 Duo, NVidia GT240, 4GB RAM. It's a pre-built HP Workstation.

AMD Athlon 4200+

GeForce 8600GT

2gigs ram

~10 years old

So far everything in that setup has passed away except the PSU, It has new components now and I gave it to my mother to use.

54 minutes ago, mikat said:

> MFW you don't have a sig

the one in my profile lol :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Some Acer pile from Best Buy. I want to say my step dad spent $750-1k on at the time. 233mhz is the only spec I remember. I put a 4mb ATi card in it after they divorced. It was a joke of a machine, but it ran HL1 and TFC some how. Pair that machine with AOL 56k dial up and whooa man! I remember trying to find the least used phone number to connect to so I could get the max connection. Ping was around 280-300. Then I figured out how to save system resources by using a Microsoft dialer instead of logging into AOL. I wouldn't change of my setup at that time for anything. It has made me very humble when it comes to tech.

A on old HP one for me, which for the life of me I wouldn't be able to remember the model of, back in around 2001.
It was so old it barely installed Heroes 3, and even then it wasn't able to run it!
I can remember being the most excited person ever, looking at the installation bar crawling towards 100% :P

my first PC was a windows 98-based packard bell tower that came with a CRT monitor.

i don't exactly remember the specs (i was 4 why would i care) but i used it daily for playing chip's challenge and whatnot.

I'd Love to say that my first computer was one from 1980 or something, but in reality, it's not. When I was 7, I got to visit my dad's for the first time in years, (Family issues) I played Diablo II on his Windows 95 Machine, I have literally No idea what System Specs the computer had, but it wasn't my first computer, so that doesn't really matter. I did learn some pretty interesting things, Like how you could put a random user account and password and have full access to the computer (Providing there was no Document Protection), and a bunch of other useful tidbits of info.

Fast Forward to Grade 7, and Lots had happened. My mom said she would get me a computer in half a year, but that ended up being a lie. So, I went to school, and Boom, Found an Old Dell Desktop Computer, with a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 on the side of the Road. This was about 2007-2008. Not a very impressive computer, but it was better than nothing. I think it also had an old Geforce4 MX 4** or something. It took me about half a year to get the money to get a proper hard drive, and I was so naive that I thought Windows came Installed on a Brand New Hard drive. Lol.

So, I ended up getting my friends windows XP disk, and I installed it, but I had My Computer in Processor Compatibility Mode, without realizing it. So I ended up having windows XP install, WITHOUT EXPLORER. Yeah, Explorer wouldn't run. Not to mention, that I didn't have a valid Product key, so I had to reinstall the Trial every 30 Days. In case you are wondering how I ran programs, I used CTRL + ALT + DEL, to run Program to browse Folders, and launch Applications.

First Time I reinstalled, I had lost all my documents, so I Got Learnt about Partitions, and unencrypted documents. So I was able to play some very Basic Games, Red Faction, and The Great Escape Video Game. 

Every week, I went out in the middle of the night looking for Computers that were thrown on the Curb. I ended up finding lots of parts, and such, that I ended up using. Better Space Hard drives, a Geforce5 Graphics Card, TONS of 2000 Era Tech, and even TONS of 95 Eras Tech. It was here that I realized how important it was to delete your Data before Throwing Computers out, because I found an old 95 machine that had ALL of a Company’s Tax info and such. And even the person who owned it. 

Eventually, I came upon a Very Lucky Find. An Intel Motherboard, sitting in a case, soaked with Rain. I thought for a fact that it was dead.

I took it back and tried it anyway, it Blue screened, and I couldn't get it to work and I couldn't get it to Stop Blue-screening, no matter what I did. (I Left it in a dry place and didn't use it for a week before trying). I gave up on it.

I then found a Rare Sound Card for PC, that Now Makes Headphones. It was a Santa Cruz turtle beach sound card. I used that for So Long, but didn't realize how badly I would need it later. The audio ports on the Motherboard I had found that Blue screened had Been Ripped off by the previous user.

So, one day, when I was bored, and found a new case I wanted to move my computer to, I decided to give the Intel Board a try again. And it worked, and damn was it SO much better. I went from a 2.4GHz Processor, to a 3.0GHz Processor that had 2 Threads. It was awesome; I had my First Real Processor Upgrade! I moved all my data over to the new computer, kept the motherboard, and tossed the case, with a bit of hesitation.

At this time, I HAD NO IDEA about Thermal Paste. Yup, you guessed it, I Was Running "Steel on Steel" My Idle Temperature was 46 Degrees Celsius. When Playing a Game, I hit 80+ Degrees. I was having issues playing a bunch of games, and playing 720p Video. And 1080p video just wouldn't play.

a Friend told me about Thermal Paste and I was Amazed, I had just upgraded to Windows 7, and my graphics card didn't support the OS, But I didn't Know that.

So I Immediately Experienced a HUGE Performance Boost from the Thermal Paste, Obviously. 1080p videos played with little trouble, and my computer was fine with temperatures, around 60 - 70 degrees, when gaming instead. It's funny that the only game that made my computer crash from overheating was Star Wars KOTOR II the Sith Lords.

Eventually I found the Godsend of Finds. THE LAST AGP 8X Video card. The ATI HD 4650 AGP 1GB GDDR3. (I think it was GDDR3?) I put it in, and that’s where the real fun began.

Just Cause 3. 30FPS Low Settings

Skyrim, 30FPS Low - Medium Settings

Alan Wake, 30 FPS Low

many other games were now playable to me, and I guess for the time 30 FPS and low settings weren't impressive at all,  but I was still Impressed because i could play games that I never would have thought Possible.

Even the Tomb Raider game was "playable", (10-30 FPS with a GPU overclock)

And All Of This Was Free, and Took about 4-5 Years.

EDIT: Oh right, the hard drive I bought ended up not working anyway, and the place I bought it from wouldn't take it back, so it was a Waste, and I don't count it as money spent on the computer.

Edited by Zileth Ryder

Processor: Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Quad Core - Octo Thread) {2.70GHz - 3.40GHz}

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970m 3GB GDDR5 (MXM Series) + Intel Integrated (Off)

Ram: 2x 1366Mhz 8GB + 2 1366Mhz 4GB

Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/ElenaLeffelZXC4/

HP computer with 2gb of ram,intel pentium 4,ati radeon 9500 hd (ati was later bought by amd) finally 40gb maxtor HDD (maxtor was bought by seagate) so yeah a lot of companies have been bought

Image result for hp pavilion 564a computerLL

My first computer was a custom built AMD Duron 900MHz, 256MB RAM, MSI motherboard with integrated graphics running Windows 2000 back in 2002

In retrospect I'm in awe as to how far we've come.

Mine was an old eMachines business desktop. I remember it was only powerful enough to run Windows XP, use Microsoft Office, and browse the internet.
I still remember when I upgraded the ram from 512MB to 2GB. I felt like a complete baller since the upgrade finally allowed me to play games.

Mine was a UK brand called Tiny. The specs were roughly this:

CPU: Intel Celeron 500mhz

RAM: 32mb DDR2

HDD: 20GB Wester Digital IDE

56k Modem

Windows XP Home

Own Brand MoBo, PSU and Case and cooler, IDE CD-ROM

Upgraded it with a IDE LG CD-Re Writer

Crappy Tiny 12.1 inch CRT monitor and 3.5W speakers too

It worked for about 2 years before it slit its wrists, then i went for a custom build from a shop, my next 3 PCs were like that, upgrading every 2-3 years, my last one lasted 5 years before upgrade and now i have a self made custom build.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Mine was an HP Pavilion running XP MCE 2005. Don't remember the specs at all.

It looked like this:

2g5jslP.jpg

On 1/6/2013 at 1:35 AM, Casper said:

Actually the first computer I have actually owned is the one I have now. :)

Corsair 600T Case

AMD Phenom BE Denab 3.2 ghz cpu

H100i Enclosed Water cooling

8 gigs Gskill Ripclaw x ddr3 1333mhz ram

AMD MSi R7950 3GDDR5 Twin Frozr III

Primary Monitor Asus 23inch 1920x1080 led

1 Corsair Force GT 120gig ssd

2x 500 Gig WD black drives

How old are you?

On 1/1/2016 at 7:04 PM, PampaZiya said:

Am I the only one who's first PC had a 256MB of RAM? not even pentium 4, the one before it, some intel graphics with 500mb ;p..

Mine had 256 DDR, pentium 4 thought. Intel 82845/g graphics. rip GTA SA.

Steve

My first desktop PC was this back in 2006..lasted me 8 years till the motherboard went from the OEM replacement PSU.. c03210714.png

My first gaming PC is what I have now. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

And old windows 95 computer, I don't know the specs because it's in my grandmother's house under 10 feet of dust.

All I remember is that it had 3.5in floppys you needed to insert and type a command line to run the disk.

I used to play this ripoff game of pacman, it was alright.

Spoiler

On 6/27/2016 at 2:40 PM, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Some Acer pile from Best Buy. I want to say my step dad spent $750-1k on at the time. 233mhz is the only spec I remember. I put a 4mb ATi card in it after they divorced. It was a joke of a machine, but it ran HL1 and TFC some how. Pair that machine with AOL 56k dial up and whooa man! I remember trying to find the least used phone number to connect to so I could get the max connection. Ping was around 280-300. Then I figured out how to save system resources by using a Microsoft dialer instead of logging into AOL. I wouldn't change of my setup at that time for anything. It has made me very humble when it comes to tech.

I still had to use good ol' Prodigy to get online back in 2008. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)