Google Event 4th October

Arcanekitten
1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

speaking of the "Really Blue" color option (those color names...), it's already sold-out. only means that these phones are selling well 

It's limited edition. Too early to claim that yet, maybe they only made 1000 of them.

Already ordered mine. I just hope it supports DisplayPort alternate mode.

For those talking about the high price, keep in mind $200 difference from the 6P for way better sensors, better cooling, better (faster/cooler) storage, lower display persistence, USB Power Delivery (because Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 has been shown to not only violate the USB-C Spec but also potentially be dangerous to devices since QC3.0 chargers typically run vbus-hot), and the camera isn't exactly a massive price jump for what you're getting.

As for the Axon 7 where is it marketed as being daydream ready? Daydream and Google VR are completely separate entities. Google cardboard is Google VR too. Daydream is one small part of it that requires specific certification.

5 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

Except DayDream (Google VR, essentially) is supported on the Axon 7 and the Zenfone 3.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-daydream-vr-ready-phones-705245/

As for Google Home, maybe. I would imagine it would work exactly the same on other Android phones.

Hope so, your right about it though the oneplus phones are better atm but maybe Google cuts the price later.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

5 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

As for the Axon 7 where is it marketed as being daydream ready? Daydream and Google VR are completely separate entities. Google cardboard is Google VR too. Daydream is one small part of it that requires specific certification.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/344761/hands-on-zte-axon-7-the-first-google-daydream-vr-phone

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-daydream-vr-ready-phones-705245/

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/13/12158956/zte-axon-7-daydream-vr-smartphone-price-release-date

http://phandroid.com/2016/05/26/zte-axon-7-vr-headset/

COMIC SANS

None of those actually cite any sources for it being a Daydream compatible phone... The pcmag one just says "hey this may be a Daydream compatible phone", the android authority article just says "hey, we have this hunch that daydream ready and daydream compatible aren't the same thing"... There's nothing in any of them about the announcement event or manufacturers saying that it's daydream ready, and not even any leaked certification documents or anything to hint that it is.

Please list it to me again when the manufacturer has publicly said they have daydream certification, or when it's running Daydream, but until then I'll keep on my skepticals.

Also keep in mind that some of those articles were posted back when daydream was first announced when people were jumping on the assumption train as fast as a Nintendo fanboy waiting for a console, when heard about a new patent Nintendo filed.

That pricing structure... seems familiar... Wonder where they got the idea?

20160918_165123-1200x670.jpg?width=960

Oh right, that's where.

These Pixel phones had better be smooth af if they're directly competing with Apple.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I love it except for that launcher and the circle icons - hopefully it won't replace the Google Now Launcher in it's current state.

Expert procrastinator.

3 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Specs :

Available in 3 colors :

Available in the US exclusively with Verzion. Also sold unlocked and works with Project Fi. Price is $649.

Those color names xD 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Specs :

Available in 3 colors :

Available in the US exclusively with Verzion. Also sold unlocked and works with Project Fi. Price is $649.

Those color names xD 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Specs :

Available in 3 colors :

Those color names xD 

✨PC Specs✨

Specs :

Available in 3 colors :

Those color names xD 

✨PC Specs✨

My God, I spent way way too much time doing this

9O3Htwk.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Those EU and Canada prices for the pixel are insane over a 100 more that US and the XL 128gb is over 1000 euros, that fucking nuts.

and TBH if i had the money i would pay that, i really like the Pixel, expect the design but i don't care that much about vanity... 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

7 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

snip

Put this on reddit, at least 100 votes guaranteed 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

20 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Oh that's freaking great my man, I saw those names and instantly thought doge named these device colors.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

On the side note, I think a gold version would look pretty nice actually.

a7HxLLS.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

6 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

9O3Htwk.png

Where do I sign up :D

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

speaking of the "Really Blue" color option (those color names...), it's already sold-out. only means that these phones are selling well 

plus they are only available in USA, so FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD apparantly!

LMFAAOO!!!!! 1000$ CAD FOR PIXEL XL google is drunk oh my god thats a joke right? Considering the nexus 6p is literally better than this phone because itll get the exact same software and its camera is a tiny bit worse based on dxo mark and its actually better speakers on 6p front facing? What i know that its pixel brand doesnt mean you can change your basically new nexus prices like that... wow rip google no one is gonna buy this shit unless you partner with carriers which youve never been good with no carrier in canada has nexus phones until 6 mo after release.... lol 

That chin looks horrible, and it has no features, makes it look pretty much like a iphone.

1 minute ago, Excitedtaco said:

That chin looks horrible, and it has no features, makes it look pretty much like a iphone.

exaclty.... lol what the hell is the bottom and top bezel doing especially the bottom one... theres no speaker there! HTC sucks at designing phones atleast put a damn speaker there if theres gonna be a bezel im cool with that because then they can claim "space for speaker shit" and ill say okay.... but this way lol what the hell

Think I'd take a Xiaomi 5s Plus and pocket the $ difference if I could find an international model.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS