Google Event 4th October

Arcanekitten

Google held an event on the 4th of october 2016 and started at these times: 5PM BST, 6PM GMT +2, 2PM EDT and 11AM PDT.

The Livestream :

This livestream is rumored to announce the new Pixel phones made from google this time. 

Also a 4K chromecast, An Amazon Echo Competitor and the new "Daydream" VR platform.

And a bit of a new one is the new "Andromeda" OS which merges android and chrome os into a new OS.

::::::Live Blog:::::

(GMT +2)

5:35 PM: Google started the livestream with the google logo (starts at 6Pm GMT 2+)

6:00 PM: Livestream has started with a funny short (with cheap virgin shots FOUND HERE  http://bit.ly/2dYYNIF )

6:03 PM: Keynote has officially started 

6:04 PM: Talking about the history of computing tech (1980 - Present)

6:05 PM: The Future of smartphones  

6:05 PM: Talking about Google Assistant (Allo)

6:05 PM: Short video about Google Assistant (Allo) just started ( http://bit.ly/2dGyenh )

6:09 PM: Talking about AI 

6:10 PM: Better Translation (From Phrase-based Translation to Neural-Based Translation More similar to Human translation)

6:13 PM: Text to speech advancements with WaveNet Smooth translation.

6:14 PM: Explains what Google Allo means to Google.

6:15 PM: Google wants to add Google Assistant to your home.

6:18 PM: 1 Trillion photos and 50 Trillion emails were sent last year

6:19 PM: Changed topic to phones ;)

6:19 PM: Pixel phone announced.

6:20 PM: "Easy to use", Glass on the back, Grippy were it needs to be.

SHOT AT APPLE "and definitely no camera bump"

6:21 PM: has build in Google assistent and Google Cloud and VR 

6:22 PM: "Bryan" has come on stage

6:22 PM: Pixel runs a skin with "nice" round icons, hold the home button to ask Google assistent.

6:24 PM: You can search for People, events and more via the Google assistent from anywhere on your phone.

6:26 PM: You can ask anything to the google assistant just like via the Google browser. (Reserves at a restaurant using apps on phone and looks for music enz)

6:28 PM: Pixel Phone got a 89 DXOMARK MOBILE mark which is the highest score ever surpasing the new google and samsung phones (aka the camera is beast)

6:29 PM: Camera is beast on the Pixel. You can select phones from videos and selects most sharp video.

6:30 PM: Better algorithm to shoot photos and has zero HDR Lag and uses it only.

6:30 PM: Fastest capture on any phone ever. (tested by google)

6:31 PM: Stabilization preview.

6:32 PM: Pixel phones get free Unlimited Cloud storage without resolution reduction.

6:33 PM: Sabrina Ellis comes on stage.

6:33 PM: Google Duo on android or ios

6:35 PM: Pixel has Quick charge " 7 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes" and has 7.1 android and any OTA happens in the background.

6:36 PM: 24/7 Customer service build into the phone with screen share option.

6:36 PM: Transferring from other OS phone to pixel is now simpler and Live cases are refreshed.

6:37 PM: Pixel Phone has 2 sizes 5" and 5.5"

6:38 PM: Pixel costs $670 (See pricing for higher GB models and other currencies at the bottom of the blog) and can be Pre-ordered today.

6:39 PM: Pixel is Google's first Phone.

6:39 PM: The Pixel phone has a Aluminum body with partial glass back with fingerprint scanner on it, and has a headphone jack :P

6:39 PM: Hardware specs can be seen below in the pictures.

6:40 PM: Summary of the new pixel phone video. (Apple shots are included :P ) ( http://bit.ly/2d0DEMJ )

6:40 PM: Clay Bavor comes on stage for VR

6:41 PM: Daydream Is build in the pixel phone.

6:41 PM: New Daydream view VR Headset revealed.

6:42 PM: With Comfortable material Soft fabric "Really nice and soft" and fits nice on eyeglass users. 

6:43 PM: the headset is easy to use and is 33% lighter than competitors and is completely wireless (how it connects to the phone).

6:44 PM: Has controller which is used to track your hand and used as a controller in games.

6:45 PM: Can be stored in the headset (LOL he just dropped it)

6:46 PM: You can customize the color of the headset with slate right now and snow and crimson coming up later this year.

6:46 PM: Pixel is daydream view VR ready and more other phones coming soon from other manufacturers 

6:47 PM: Adrienne McCallister comes on stage and shows a new VR game where you play as a wizard named "Fantastic beasts" from J.K Rowling. (In my opinion it is just harry potter in VR)

6:48 PM: Gunjack 2 from the developers of EVE: Online (Space shooter) , Working with Hulu+, Netflix and HBO to put VR into their apps.

6:49 PM: 50 Developers are bringing games to google VR this year.

6:49 PM: Street view, Youtube and Google Photo's are implemented. 

6:50 PM: Sheepview: View grasslands from a top a sheep.

6:50 PM: You can view Dinosaurs videos (London museum) in VR from youtube.

6:50 PM: The Headset goes on sale in november for 79 Dollars and the controller is bundled with it.

6:53 PM: Google Router announced (Building on OnHub) and is optimized for the new Smart home stuff.

6:54PM: Google router has multiple boxes for better WIFI coverage and also auto- channel switching and optimization.

6:55 PM: Parents can disable internet in a specific area of the house. 

6:57 PM: 30+ Milion Chromecasts sold 

6:57 PM: Chromecast Ultra announced, Up to 4K resolution with dolby vision, HDR and 1.8x faster loading times.

6:59 PM: Google play movies & TV has 4k coming in november.

6:59 PM: Same size as previous chromecast and is more optimized for better stream quality/smooth streaming.

6:59 PM: Chromecast Ultra available november for $69.

6:59 PM: Google Home announced (see picture)

7:00 PM: Rishi Chandra comes on stage 

7:00 PM: With Google home you can talk to it to interact to any smart home device like Nest Philips hue and also start playing music just like that.#

7:00 PM: Google Home has a touchpad on the top with leds (To do things if you don't want to do it with your voice) and has a dedicated mute button.

7:01 PM: The mic listens all the time and can make out if the noise it hears is a voice or random noise.

7:01 PM: You can customize your google home after you buy it and switch bases (colors and materials)

7:02 PM: It has build in speakers and there are music apps like spotify and youtube music that work with it (Tunein, Pandora, IHeartRADIO and Google play music (duh) also works with it)

7:04 PM: The Google knowledge database doesn't always have an answer so it uses other websites like doctor or wikipedia sites to get an answer.

7:05 PM: You can search anything that you can with Google Search and add reminders / plan your day and get a briefing in the morning so you know what your going to do that day.

7:06 PM: The Google Home unit uses one account and uses it between devices so if you add something to your groceries list you can also ask on your pixel what is on your grocery list and see the list you named earlier.

7:07 PM: The previous generations of chromecast also works with Google Home and voice commands are supported.

7:07 PM: You can sent it to your phone (soon) and you can translate on the fly.

7:10 PM: The Google home box can interact with other things on the wifi like the Google chromecast and as mentioned before home smart stuff

7:11 PM: Chromecast audio works with Google Home too.

7:11 PM: Google Home also interacts with other Google Cast supported systems and android tv's listed in one of the pictures below.

7:12 PM: You can create audio groups to if you start listing to music it starts playing on all of them.

7:15 PM: Google Home has multiple color options (see Pictures below for color options and pricing in US)''

7:16 PM: Scott huffman comes on stage to talk about how are partners to integrate with Google Home

7:20 PM: Direct actions and conversation actions

7:20 PM: Direct actions are like "turn on the lights" and it does it Conversation in like a conversation were it asks for certain things like when or were to.

7:20 PM: Google has set up a page with info Direct actions and conversation actions and you can signup to get email with updates (See picture for link).

7:24 PM: Google assistent has a open SDK which launches next year and can be implemented by anybody, from rasberry pi users in basements to mass production users.

7:25 PM: live stream has ended (lost connection half way through will update in coming minutes**)

**Updated everything from when I lost connection but the time stamps are a bit off.**

If I missed anything important, sorry, In the first hour they were going through it like the new Tesla P100D.

I May make a summary but not at the moment maybe at the end of the week when i'm not too busy.

That Concludes it for now with the new Pixel Phone announced, New Daydream Headset which looks really polished and a new Google Home assistent which pretty much summarieses / begins the future of this generation and for the new router, well its a router, and thats it for now we will see how Google did in the coming months when reviews drop and hopefully there good because this has a lot of potential for the future.

Pricing Google Pixel

US prices:

• Google Pixel 32GB $649
  • Google Pixel 128GB $749
  • Google Pixel XL 32GB $769
  • Google Pixel XL 128GB $869

German(EU) prices:

• Google Pixel 32GB 759€
  • Google Pixel 128GB 869€
  • Google Pixel XL 32GB 899€
  • Google Pixel XL 128GB 1009€

UK prices:

• Google Pixel 32GB £599
  • Google Pixel 128GB £699
  • Google Pixel XL 32GB £719
  • Google Pixel XL 128GB £819

Canada prices:

• Google Pixel 32GB $899
  • Google Pixel 128GB $1,029
  • Google Pixel XL 32GB $1,049
  • Google Pixel XL 128GB $1,179

ae993ac36577edb83f3b0355ff24a1d0.jpg

d60969cb695a8de16fd8642af907eaeb.jpg

af6fff06913d3478aee1a231bc6e05fd.jpg

a365e1ab40d45bdd9ac0c7ca316cc110.jpg

50c6f953677075950429d5045486919b.png

66eb666b7d27cd45a4f2a0f48333e9ca.png

eda5dd8fa6fc3463aedc5a485bc2fced.png

f6f7f7cc29f9c23eeba0e215c975592c.png

c690803a5ecb2b2f73ad570a25ff96bd.png

082040813b726ba39e2895bc548b36f4.png

fca362e9cb27b21f9cc4c86f3b743fe5.png

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Good Point

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Still waiting on Pixel... :D. Google Assistant seems pretty neat though. I'm impressed by the part where it can store stuff for you like lock combos (of course I wouldn't put key passwords in Google Assistant but it could be useful for some things.

EDIT: Holy crap I just realized nearly 250,000 people are watching the live stream right now...

Double EDIT: They're announcing Pixel now :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Still waiting on Pixel... :D. Google Assistant seems pretty neat though. I'm impressed by the part where it can store stuff for you like lock combos (of course I wouldn't put key passwords in Google Assistant but it could be useful for some things.

EDIT: Holy crap I just realized nearly 250,000 people are watching the live stream right now...

Ikr was kinda surprised by it but I guess with these rumors and stuff everybody gets hyped :P

And here is the Pixel.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Wow there's no camera bump... That's pretty neat. It also seems like Google is the only one behind this phone. No HTC, LG, or anything else behind the hardware.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Huh... it has a 24/7 live support feature, with screenshare.

Quite Black, Very Silver, Really Blue... dem color names.

Specs :

doN4q4c.png

Available in 3 colors :

2gIp4VA.png

Available in the US exclusively with Verzion. Also sold unlocked and works with Project Fi. Price is $649.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So 649$ was true. ;(

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

'A 3.5 mm headphone jack....satisfyingly not new' that jab

NOOOOOO WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE $649!!!

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Is this shot in Apples bathroom? Seems small...

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

"Details like this" LOL. This is like the kindergarten version of WWDC.

Just now, TheReal1980 said:

"Details like this" LOL. This is like the kindergarten version of WWDC.

Stop hating so much, relax.

Just now, coolkingler1 said:

Stop hating so much, relax.

No hate, I have a Nexus phone mate. It just seems a bit childish, I dunno...

27 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Available in the US exclusively with Verzion. Also sold unlocked and works with Project Fi. Price is $649.

I'm guessing the unlocked version will be the same price as the Verizon-exclusive version?

also i'll bet Verizon will pack the Pixel phones with bloatware.. 

http://i.imgur.com/6q88UlZ.png?1

US Pricing for the Pixels Pixel 32GB $649 128GB $749 Pixel XL 32GB $769 128GB $869

German prices:

• Google Pixel 32GB 759€
  • Google Pixel 128GB 869€
  • Google Pixel XL 32GB 899€
  • Google Pixel XL 128GB 1009€

UK price Pixel 32gb: £599 Pixel 128gb: £699 Pixel XL 32gb: £719 Pixel XL 128gb: £819

Canada Pixel: starts at $899 (CAD) PIxel XL: starts at $1,049 (CAD)

India Pixel Phone starts at 57,000 rupees, roughly $850 USD

Very silver such name much great naming....wow.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

52 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Specs :

doN4q4c.png

Available in 3 colors :

2gIp4VA.png

Should have called it Much Black and use Doge as wallpaper 

edit: When you have to include headphone jack in the spec sheet, so sad

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

lol.

MSsMXEC.png?1