Google Event 4th October

Arcanekitten
2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Should have called it Much Black and use Doge as wallpaper

#BlackPhonesMatter

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

8 minutes ago, NinerL said:

US Pricing for the Pixels Pixel 32GB $649 128GB $749 Pixel XL 32GB $769 128GB $869

jesus the pixel XL 32gb will cost $769? that's more than iphone and S7 / note 7 pricing

wow...

nexus2cee_pixel_xl-668x717.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

lol.

MSsMXEC.png?1

well play

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

jesus the pixel XL 32gb will cost $769? that's more than iphone and S7 / note 7 pricing

wow...

nexus2cee_pixel_xl-668x717.jpg

Ya buying it? I already upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus, T-Mobile was running a promo. 

I don't like how the phones look tbh.

1 minute ago, NinerL said:

Ya buying it? I already upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus, T-Mobile was running a promo. 

i'm a little tempted but that's some premium-level pricing... no thanks. but i heard the blue color is sold out so... 

1 minute ago, Bsmith said:

so a google phone with apple prices?

i like the fact that in the keynote they didn't credit much to HTC, so not 100% Google phone

What the actual shit are those colour names :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, Technicolors said:

i like the fact that in the keynote they didn't credit much to HTC, so not 100% Google phone

google always outsourced their fabrication processes when it comes to phones/tablets/phablets, nothing new there.

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

What the actual shit are those colour names :P

much blue, very silver, quite black, wow.

sounds like a shitty doge meme

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I'm not impressed with the lack of

• waterproofing 
    • seriously, you took so many jabs at Apple, why are you just begging to have this one shot back at you
  • micro SD 
    • kinda redundant with the 128GB + unlimited camera storage, but still. Muh offline videos
  • wireless charging
    • having a glass back for the sake of having a glass portion, is just barely one notch higher than removing the headphone jack on the "courage" scale.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Pretty sure the glass backing is for Daydream. A good place to put the magnetometer where it would have a clearish magnetic field (look at how bad the compass on the 6P is...), As well as a clear place for NFC with the headset, and clear place to put the Bluetooth chipset and radio to ensure there's as little interference as possible with the controller for as little latency as possible. At least over Bluetooth...

Lack of wireless charging might also be related, to avoid inductance of the charging coil from nearby radio waves which may cause interference with the magnetometer. Keep in mind, the fused orientation sensors for Daydream combine magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, GPS/Glonass and positional Bluetooth with the controller among other possible sources to increase precision and improve drift compensation.

It does support 18Watt USB Power Delivery though, which will charge it as much as twice as fast as the fastest Qi chargers though if that's a consolation (the 10W on them is transfer power, not receive power).

Edit: also on the note of a MicroSD slot... Why? Good USB 3.0 thumb drives are so so so much faster at small file speeds. I could see maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe a UFS slot, but I don't think Samsung has released the new slots they're manufacturing to other manufacturers yet.

Or better yet, why not get a small external SSD to toss in your pocket/bag?

Quite boring, Really expensive, Very similar.

Yea i like the name for the colors, i think they fit very nicely with a little bit of a tweak :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The Pixel is too fucking expensive. $650 for the base model??? You're joking Google. With no SD card expansion, the only version that would work for me is the 128GB Pixel XL, which is $870. I could buy 2 Axon 7s or 2 OnePlus 3s for that price and still have a few bucks left over. No thanks Google. Pixel is DOA. 

COMIC SANS

2 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Specs :

-snip-

Available in 3 colors :

-snip-

Available in the US exclusively with Verzion. Also sold unlocked and works with Project Fi. Price is $649.

was already in the post

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

5 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

The Pixel is too fucking expensive. $650 for the base model??? You're joking Google. With no SD card number expansion, the only version that would work for me is the 128GB Pixel XL, which is $870. I could buy 2 Axon 7s or 2 OnePlus 3s for that price and still have a few bucks left over. No thanks Google. Pixel is DOA. 

Well if the camera is really good and it does have some good features its not a bad price and if you compare it to a iphone or new samsung phone well the price might not even be that bad as it beats the iphone 7 in every category.

And some people just have buckets of money to spend for no reason and for like you or me a more value oriented phone like oneplus and axon might be better as they deliver the standard at low price. 

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

1 hour ago, LucidMew said:

I'm not impressed with the lack of

• waterproofing 
    • seriously, you took so many jabs at Apple, why are you just begging to have this one shot back at you
  • micro SD 
    • kinda redundant with the 128GB + unlimited camera storage, but still. Muh offline videos
  • wireless charging
    • having a glass back for the sake of having a glass portion, is just barely one notch higher than removing the headphone jack on the "courage" scale.

Wireless charging eyy kind off a luxury but a good point, micro sd card depends on what person you are (lots of music or apps or something for me it isn't needed)

but waterproofing man they should have included that thats just stupid and yh the apple shots xD

4 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

Well if the camera is really good and it does have some good features its not a bad price and if you compare it to a iphone or new samsung phone well the price might not even be that bad as it beats the iphone 7 in every category.

And some people just have buckets of money to spend for no reason and for like you or me a more value oriented phone like oneplus and axon might be better as they deliver the standard at low price. 

Axon 7 and the OnePlus 3 actually deliver more than the Pixel phones at a far less price point. Google has no excuses for pricing their phones that high, especially with the lack of proper water proofing, no wireless charging, and no SD expansion.

COMIC SANS

Just now, Arcanekitten said:

it beats the iphone 7 in every category.

i feel like that's what Google is going for with the Pixel phones. have iPhone-pricing and pretty much nothing left over

8 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

The Pixel is too fucking expensive. $650 for the base model??? You're joking Google. With no SD card number expansion, the only version that would work for me is the 128GB Pixel XL, which is $870. I could buy 2 Axon 7s or 2 OnePlus 3s for that price and still have a few bucks left over. No thanks Google. Pixel is DOA. 

well, you can always do financing! 

but yes i agree. 

and it seems Google has thrown Nexus under the bus... slow clap Google http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10/04/nexus-5x-6p-removed-google-store-nvidia-shield-vr-headsets-gone/

Just now, TopWargamer said:

Axon 7 and the OnePlus 3 actually deliver more than the Pixel phones at a far less price point. Google has no excuses for pricing their phones that high, especially with the lack of proper water proofing and no wireless charging.

Yh but it does have features which some people really need desperately like the integration with Google Home which other phones don't have atm and same with VR early adoption has a price.

and well the phone does have better hardware specs as for value it ain't got that but if you want it all....

1475602967270.png

Not waterproof, no µSD card slot, non removable battery, no stereo speakers, no wireless charging, no OIS...

I'm no professional, but asking a flagship price for a glorified Oneplus 3 isn't the way to go Google...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Just now, patrick3027 said:

1475602967270.png

Not waterproof, no µSD card slot, non removable battery, no stereo speakers...

I'm no professional, but asking a flagship price for a glorified Oneplus 3 isn't the way to go Google...

Yh I can't live without stereo speakers sooo no google pixel for me :)

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

well, you can always do financing! 

but yes i agree. 

If I wanted to, the OnePlus 3 offers financing through PayPal credit. So I can pay less *and* pay it off over time. Axon 7 has the same options as well, except through SmartPay. The Pixel pricing makes absolutely zero sense, even with financing.

COMIC SANS

Just now, patrick3027 said:

1475603248936.jpg

speaking of the "Really Blue" color option (those color names...), it's already sold-out. only means that these phones are selling well 

7 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

Yh but it does have features which some people really need desperately like the integration with Google Home which other phones don't have atm and same with VR early adoption has a price.

and well the phone does have better hardware specs as for value it ain't got that but if you want it all....

Except DayDream (Google VR, essentially) is supported on the Axon 7 and the Zenfone 3.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-daydream-vr-ready-phones-705245/

As for Google Home, maybe. I would imagine it would work exactly the same on other Android phones.

COMIC SANS