New video card, but wrong pins?

caseyf

So... i have a evga 600b power supply, i have a r9 270x sapphire video card with 2x 6 pins, i ordered a gtx 1060 with 1x 8 pin. will i need some special wire? can i get a extension, what do i do? please link any wires i will need to buy thanks.

2x6pins.jpg

Straight from specs sheet from official site.

You have those 6 pins and in "combo" with 2 pins you have the 8 pin that you need. You're all set up. 

24 PIN ATX 1x
EPS (CPU) 1x 8pin (4+4)
PCIE 2x 8pin (6+2)
SATA 6x
FOUR-PIN PERIPHERAL 3x
FLOPPY 1x

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

a 6-pin connector delivers 75watts. an 8-pin connector (or 6+2, its the same thing) Delivers twice as much power, at 150watts. Just grab a dual 6-pin to single 8-pin connector and you'll have sufficient power. :)

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Straight from specs sheet from official site.

You have those 6 pins and in "combo" with 2 pins you have the 8 pin that you need. You're all set up. 

24 PIN ATX 1x
EPS (CPU) 1x 8pin (4+4)
PCIE 2x 8pin (6+2)
SATA 6x
FOUR-PIN PERIPHERAL 3x
FLOPPY 1x

i searched my whole pc, cant find any 2 pin combos

Something like this would do the trick Dual 6 Pin Female to Single 8 Pin Male PCI-E Power Cable Not sure where you are in the world, so linked US Amazon, but searching for that in whatever local stores you have should provide you with a result. Just make sure that the two 6 pins are capable of supplying the power required to run the 1060, other than that, you should be good.

4 minutes ago, caseyf said:

i searched my whole pc, cant find any 2 pin combos

On phone so can't use a program to mark it.

You can see that at the far right there are your 6 pin connectors and they have 2 pins right next to them. Those 2 pins should be with both PCI-E 6 pin connectors. 

By combo I meant 6+2 gives you an 8 pin. 

100-B1-0600-KR_XL_4.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

On phone so can't use a program to mark it.

You can see that at the far right there are your 6 pin connectors and they have 2 pins right next to them. Those 2 pins should be with both PCI-E 6 pin connectors. 

By combo I meant 6+2 gives you an 8 pin. 

100-B1-0600-KR_XL_4.jpg

i know what you mean, but i just cant find it in my pc. (i didnt build my pc, family friend did) he told me its in there somewhere but i have no idea where, unless its able to hide behind the ps

21 minutes ago, caseyf said:

i know what you mean, but i just cant find it in my pc. (i didnt build my pc, family friend did) he told me its in there somewhere but i have no idea where, unless its able to hide behind the ps

The only place it can be at is right on the 6 pins, like this. If they don't exist for some reason, 2 dual 6 pin to 8 pin adapter is your solution. 

14-PCI-E.jpg