[Mini News] Bungie rumoured to be bringing Destiny 2 to PC

Master Disaster

This rumour comes, as all of them seem to, from Neogaf where people are claiming to have seen an Activision report on the sequel which states the game will get a PC launch this time around. Kotaku have since chimed in and said they've seen the same report lending weight to the rumours. 

The basest of base discussion, as your mum told the postman in the sauna the other day. At least, that’s what I hear. I also hear that maybe, just maybe, console online FPS-come-hamster-wheel Destiny [official site] might be incorporating PC into its sequel plans.

The rumour comes via Kotaku and NeoGAF, the former alleging that they’d previously heard similar to what was expressed on the latter. Specifically, that Bungie’s Destiny 2 will come to PC as well as console. The GAF poster’s alleged source is a friend from Activision who saw an internal report claiming the sequel would hit PC. From a business point of view, this seems sensible. It’s a huge audience cut off for no good reason (development resources not withstanding), and Activision’s sister company Blizzard have had huge success by putting out Overwatch on everything they can.

Bungie are apparently giving the sequel a major overhaul and not opting for the "bigger and better" approach. 

Also alleged is that Destiny 2 will be a major rethink of the first game, as opposed to the The Same But Bigger approach taken by add-on The Taken King. Reportedly the project was “rebooted earlier this year.” Given how much flak vanilla Destiny caught for its storytelling and world-building (albeit improved somewhat in The Taken King), tweaks to that side of things seems likely whatever platforms the thing comes out on.

For me, getting on board another Sparrow will require something more meaningful than an endless loot hunt. Destiny’s shooting is good, but the MMO rinse’n’repeat formula rarely gets its hooks into anymore. And by ‘meaningful’, I don’t mean ‘heavy with consequences and gravitas’, but rather something I can have a satisfying experience in for a few hours here and there, as opposed to needing to make the loot hunt a daily way of life.

Kotaku offer this: “The plan, from what I’ve heard, is for Destiny 2’s planet areas to feel more populated with towns, outposts, and quests that are more interesting than the patrol missions you can get in Destiny.” Appealing in concept: Destiny as-is is very evidently just wide-open spaces that any number of players can be thrown into, rather than a universe that feels at all lived-in, while quests are obtained in a mechanical rather than organic fashion. The idea of a place that I can wobble my own way through, picking up goals and challenges here and there, sounds far more appealing. In theory.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/28/destiny-2-pc/

Pretty good I guess, I mean I like the sound of the changes. It's just that Destiny was so, MEH. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That would be amazing, was tempted to get a concolse for the game, but didn't do it in the end, couldn't justify it for just a single game.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Just now, Wedsea040 said:

This is awesome! I'm hyped!

It's a rumour dude, take with a healthy dose of salt! 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If Destiny 2 will be on the PC, it needs to receive the full PC treatment.

Adjustable FOV (upper limit of 110 at least).

Granular sensitivity control. Like Valve has done with Source, you can adjust sensitivity to 6 decimal places. Valid inputs for "sensitivity" cvar from 0.000000 to 1000.000000. Overengineered, but that's the point. Give the end user freedom.

Unlocked frame rate. Nothing in the game logic dependent on frame rate. Let 144, 165 and 240Hz monitor users get the most out of them AND it should still allow the frame rate to be uncapped. Don't cap it at 300 or 500, completely unlocked. Again, overengineered, but that's the point.

Dedicated servers in every region of the world. Look at GTA Online. I've never had an experience where player models were smooth. Every interaction with a player always involved minor choppiness at best, and cross map warping at worst.

Proper raw mouse input. Not like the shit they pulled with Halo 1 PC and Halo 2 Vista where there was built in mouse acceleration that you couldn't turn off. Even if you tried turning off mouse acceleration via the Halo 1 console, it would revert after every game start AND it didn't fully turn off mouse acceleration.

too bad the game is just as boring as the division 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

28 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

That would be amazing, was tempted to get a concolse for the game, but didn't do it in the end, couldn't justify it for just a single game.

This is my feeling about the ff7 remake.. Xbox/ps4 release but no pc... Feelsbadman

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

I'm surprised they didn't do this for the first game. It had so much hype leading up to it, and if it released on all platforms at the same time, they would've earned more. Its too bad that I already know exactly what Destiny is like, and if the sequel is any similar, I'm likely not going to hop on. I've already got Warframe, another sci-fi instance-based online shooter, which has gotten slow, steady updates to the game since it launched years ago.

id buy it in an instant

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

8 hours ago, Bsmith said:

as a owner of the game, i can tell you, no matter what, that game isnt worth it.

If Destiny 2 is the same way then it will be horrible.

Destiny is all the grinding of every MMO ever made x2 + shittier loot and slow as fuck balance changes.

10 minutes ago, Prysin said:

as a owner of the game, i can tell you, no matter what, that game isnt worth it.

If Destiny 2 is the same way then it will be horrible.

Destiny is all the grinding of every MMO ever made x2 + shittier loot and slow as fuck balance changes.

Plus it was waaay over promised and under delivered for how much content they said would be in the game.

Well that's good. I sure as hell wouldn't pay even more money just to play it online on consoles. Maybe now I'll finally try it out.

15 hours ago, nobelharvards said:

If Destiny 2 will be on the PC, it needs to receive the full PC treatment.

Adjustable FOV (upper limit of 120 at least).

Granular sensitivity control. Like Valve has done with Source, you can adjust sensitivity to 6 decimal places. Valid inputs for "sensitivity" cvar from 0.000000 to 1000.000000. Overengineered, but that's the point. Give the end user freedom.

Unlocked frame rate. Nothing in the game logic dependent on frame rate. Let 144, 165 and 240Hz monitor users get the most out of them AND it should still allow the frame rate to be uncapped. Don't cap it at 300 or 500, completely unlocked. Again, overengineered, but that's the point.

Dedicated servers in every region of the world. Look at GTA Online. I've never had an experience where player models were smooth. Every interaction with a player always involved minor choppiness at best, and cross map warping at worst.

Proper raw mouse input. Not like the shit they pulled with Halo 1 PC and Halo 2 Vista where there was built in mouse acceleration that you couldn't turn off. Even if you tried turning off mouse acceleration via the Halo 1 console, it would revert after every game start AND it didn't fully turn off mouse acceleration.

ftfy

if it doesn't have 120 FoV it isn't worth playing

I make bad life decisions.

Dat gif.

Honestly though. Are we even missing out on the grindy crap that is Destiny? I'm all for games being on as many platforms as makes sense, but in this case: Meh.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

they said that when destiny 1 was just rumors and promo trailers/pictures.   Believe it when I SEES it.