iPhone 7 - Performance Results

TheReal1980
4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

iPhones never had "Retina" screens, as far as I know only Macbooks and iPads have been marketed as such. but in all honesty 720p (ish) is fine on most small (ish) phones and I think 1080p should be the limit. I don't even like the idea of high res then 1080p on laptops.

The retina moniker originally came from the iPhone (specficially the iPhone 4). I agree, 720p/1080p is more than enough on a 4.7"/5.5" screen. Anything else is just for the sake of e-peen (or you have your phone WAY to close to your face). 

Although, I do personally find 1080p too low for a laptop -- but that's because of a lack of space more than being able to see pixels. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

24 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

I haven't watched the video but I have heard the iPhone tops the charts in Geekbench and Antutu. And honestly single core is the one that actually matters in the real world. As I said, show me a computational android app that performs faster than the iOS app, like lapse it or some kind of a cross platform movie editor because last time I checked the 6S beats most android flagships. And btw these are real documented facts if you didn't know

and btw I know that octa core is implementation of big.LITTLE, but I remember reading that some phones can indeed take advantage of all 8 cores if needed

Let me stop you right there. If Apples design is iterative that explains why they keep topping charts year after year. At least that or the competition is lazy AF which is highly unlikely. And it's never by a small margin rather an embarrassinglyhuge margin. Every year and then again with the AX chips

Like? As far as I know and it's a fact ARM is the one who introduced big.LITTLE and the competition hasn't been doing anything rather than turning quad core into octa core with pretty much no difference both in real world and synthetic benchmark (by a much)

Seems like the competition is having trouble trying to somewhow figure out what Apple does to their chips

Yeah I know that. But where Apple stands out is that they're able to take something that already exists in the market and make it massively better then what others haven't even come close to. Now that is a true feat by the engineering team at Apple despite how much ever you want to downplay it

Deny criticism? Sure bring out actual criticism and I'll agree, but bring out this bullshit and then you're forcing me to reply like how you and some others do just because I can't stand pure ignorance

So you admit you didn't watch the video and you ""heard"" about some geekbench results, and yet I'm bringing out bullshit? Inform yourself before replying, it doesn't make your argument any more appealing when you make up things.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

iPhones never had "Retina" screens, as far as I know only Macbooks and iPads have been marketed as such. but in all honesty 720p (ish) is fine on most small (ish) phones and I think 1080p should be the limit. I don't even like the idea of high res then 1080p on laptops.

Retina was born with the release of the iPhone 4, but now all apple devices have a 'retina' display. And yes I agree that 1080p is fine for 5.5"/5.7" displays, but you can tell the difference (Or I can) when it's a QHD display; the only question is if it's worth the battery trade off, but thankfully devices with the QHD display normally have bigger batteries to compensate. 

And 3200x1800 laptops are a must for me, especially on 13" displays, the extra screen real-estate and the crisp of text is extremely helpful for productivity. But I am used to a 3440x1440 display now, so maybe that's why I can't go back to 1080p laptop screens.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

11 minutes ago, o0Martin said:

Retina was born with the release of the iPhone 4, but now all apple devices have a 'retina' display. And yes I agree that 1080p is fine for 5.5"/5.7" displays, but you can tell the difference (Or I can) when it's a QHD display; the only question is if it's worth the battery trade off, but thankfully devices with the QHD display normally have bigger batteries to compensate. 

And 3200x1800 laptops are a must for me, especially on 13" displays, the extra screen real-estate and the crisp of text is extremely helpful for productivity. But I am used to a 3440x1440 display now, so maybe that's why I can't go back to 1080p laptop screens.

I use a 34" 3440x1440 on my desktop but I don't really do "work" on my laptop or tablet so I find any higher res then 1080p useless when I am mostly watching 1080p videos.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Apple has lead the single core performance sector for years now, which is slightly annoying. However I don't see why you need so much performance in a phone, you are staring at a 5" screen - you don't need 4xAA and UBER graphics enabled. Developers should concentrate on the gameplay itself, not how pretty the screenshots can be made. The same is to be said for web browsers. Safari on the iPhone has been winning benchmarks hands down, not because of amazing computing power but through optimisation which gives a better user experience. That is what should be aimed at.

Disclaimer - I hate apple but see that they are good at certain things. 

This thread. People can buy whatever they want, it's not like you're the one paying for it.  c049eedf78.png

I'm getting the iPhone 7 plus, the 6s is almost a year old, and it still reigns supreme in speed tests vs phones like the Nexus and the Note 7!!!!!11!1one!1

26 minutes ago, CaliJL said:

This thread. People can buy whatever they want, it's not like you're the one paying for it.  

Of course, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize the products... we do it with every brand but for some reason, whenever it's apple people get up in arms as if you were personally attacking their mother.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Would you like to show me a situation where top performance is needed, but the android app doesn't use four cores?

Would you like me to show any app, outside the multi-core geekbench test, where an Android phone outperforms the A10?

Your 'critcism' of Apple just doesn't make any sense, given they have the best SOCs on the market, and have been doing so since a LONG time and the gap with Android widened A LOT since the A9.

And before you say that Apple fanboys can't take criticism, I would like to point out I'm a happy Oneplus 3 owner.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

This is a heated battle all over a couple seconds.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, patrick3027 said:

Would you like me to show any app, outside the multi-core geekbench test, where an Android phone outperforms the A10?

How do you propose I should measure that?

given they have the best SOCs on the market, and have been doing so since a LONG time and the gap with Android widened A LOT since the A9.

Unfounded claim with no source or proof. Can only ignore.

And before you say that Apple fanboys can't take criticism, I would like to point out I'm a happy Oneplus 3 owner.

So, because you own a Oneplus 3, you can't be wrong when praising an iPhone?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

Your 'critcism' of Apple just doesn't make any sense, given they have the best SOCs on the market, and have been doing so since a LONG time and the gap with Android widened A LOT since the A9.

7 minutes ago, Sauron said:

How do you propose I should measure that?

Unfounded claim with no source or proof. Can only ignore.

So, because you own a Oneplus 3, you can't be wrong when praising an iPhone?

As a concerned spectator, can the crowd get some side by sides of phones released in the same time frame where the performance gap is displayed?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

As a concerned spectator, can the crowd get some side by sides of phones released in the same time frame where the performance gap is displayed?

There are only a couple of available charts, the one in the video and this

geekbench

A note 7 scores 2676 and  6311 respectively for comparison.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I almost never use my phone while charging,

Exactly. I don't know why people are so upset with one lightning port at the bottom...

People using their phone while charging that often is addicted to cell phones...... Learn to control yourself..lol 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Exactly. I don't know why people are so upset with one lightning port at the bottom...

People using their phone while charging that often is addicted to cell phones...... Learn to control yourself..lol 

That's a pretty poor argument though......Just because someone shouldn't do something doesn't mean they don't and/or should be inconvenienced for it. (With that said, I don't see it being a big issue for multiple reasons, but not because it's stupid to spend so much time on your phone). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Sauron said:

There are only a couple of available charts, the one in the video and this

geekbench  

I was being a prick and asking a rhetorical question. I meant a side by side of the phones loading and running apps and such so you can physically see this extremely prevalent "performance gap".

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

What if I want my phone to be charged when I stand up from my desk?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That's a pretty poor argument though......Just because someone shouldn't do something doesn't mean they don't and/or should be inconvenienced for it. (With that said, I don't see it being a big issue for multiple reasons, but not because it's stupid to spend so much time on your phone). 

I guess you are right...

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

The iPhone 4 was the first product Apple ever marketed as having a Retina display.  The current iPhone 7 screens are billed as "Retina HD" (where 750p counts as HD).

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Iphone 4 was marketed as having a "Retina display"

6 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The iPhone 4 was the first product Apple ever marketed as having a Retina display.  The current iPhone 7 screens are billed as "Retina HD" (where 750p counts as HD).

Ya someone already stated that. HD (in general) is 720p+ , FHD is 1080p+, QHD is 1440p+, UHD is 2160p+

but also I dont see much of a issue with the iPhones screen res.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

28 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I was being a prick and asking a rhetorical question. I meant a side by side of the phones loading and running apps and such so you can physically see this extremely prevalent "performance gap".

12 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Ya someone already stated that. HD (in general) is 720p+ , FHD is 1080p+, QHD is 1440p+, UHD is 2160p+

but also I dont see much of a issue with the iPhones screen res.

Sorry -- the notification system didn't make it clear that there had been more posts!

I'm okay with the current iPhone resolutions, but I'd certainly like to see more.  1080p or higher on the regular model and quad HD on the Plus.  It's the difference between "fine at typical viewing distances" and "fine at almost any distance."

2 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Sorry -- the notification system didn't make it clear that there had been more posts!

I'm okay with the current iPhone resolutions, but I'd certainly like to see more.  1080p or higher on the regular model and quad HD on the Plus.  It's the difference between "fine at typical viewing distances" and "fine at almost any distance."

I'd rather have better battery life and CPU/GPU performance 99% of the time than have a slightly better looking screen when my nose is almost touching the screen (0% of the time). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

I'd rather have better battery life and CPU/GPU performance 99% of the time than have a slightly better looking screen when my nose is almost touching the screen (0% of the time). 

Oled would help with battery life.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Oled would help with battery life.

OLED while maintaining the same resolution would help battery life even more. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler