GPU Bottleneck suggestions?

Hey Guys,

I have recently bought an r9 290x from a friend but I can only get 40fps out of BF1 and about 150 out of csgo (He got about 300-400 with his i7) This is probably due to my awful APU (AMD A8-6600k) I was wandering if there were any APU's with a better CPU that will remove my bottleneck, or should I just buy a second hand 4th gen i5? Thanks

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

3 minutes ago, 8enjicraf2 said:

Hey Guys,

I have recently bought an r9 290x from a friend but I can only get 40fps out of BF1 and about 150 out of csgo (He got about 300-400 with his i7) This is probably due to my awful APU (AMD A8-6600k) I was wandering if there were any APU's with a better CPU that will remove my bottleneck, or should I just buy a second hand 4th gen i5? Thanks

well if you can get required mothermoard and ram then go for a second hand i5 because i dont know of any amd apus that arent horrible in cpu power.

21 minutes ago, 8enjicraf2 said:

Hey Guys,

Anything that works in an AM2, AM2+, FM2, FM2+, AM3, AM3+ sockets is pretty much terrible for gaming...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR