Sidebar showing up on mobile devices

Bhav
2 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

In the desktop mode, it hasn't changed for me. 

Did you have request desktop site mode enabled when you took the screenshot of the whatsmybrowser page? Your screenshot of LTT looks more like 990px than 960px wide.

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Did you have request desktop site mode enabled when you took the screenshot of the whatsmybrowser page? Your screenshot of LTT looks more like 990px than 960px wide.

I did, that's why I asked OP if he did too and he said he did as well. I think it's normal for the sidebar to show up if you have "request desktop mode" enabled. I'm surprised whatever you did changed it for him. It leaves me more confused. 

Ah, as for the whatsmybrowser page, I tied it with it enabled and disabled. It wasn't effected either way. It said the same thing for mobile and desktop.

Edited by DarkEnergy

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

1 minute ago, DarkEnergy said:

I did, that's why I asked OP if he did too and he said he did as well. I think it's normal for the sidebar to show up if you have "request desktop mode" enabled. I'm surprised whatever you did changed it for him. It leaves me more confused. 

No, it's supposed to show up if the page is >=980px wide, regardless of any other settings. The screenshot that you posted matches perfectly with how the site should look if it's 990px wide, and wouldn't look like that if it was actually 960px with the sidebar enabled, so I think your screen has a higher logical resolution than the numbers suggest.

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

No, it's supposed to show up if the page is >=980px wide, regardless of any other settings. The screenshot that you posted matches perfectly with how the site should look if it's 990px wide, and wouldn't look like that if it was actually 960px with the sidebar enabled, so I think your screen has a higher logical resolution than the numbers suggest.

Well, I tried it in FireFox and it looks the same. OP had mentioned issues with it vertically but mine doesn't look like his (image below). The physical screen dimensions are 1200x1920 and the what's my browser shows whatever it's trying to show. But you're saying it still might be different? Is there any other to check?

7teRcVE.png

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

10 hours ago, DarkEnergy said:

Well, I tried it in FireFox and it looks the same. OP had mentioned issues with it vertically but mine doesn't look like his (image below). The physical screen dimensions are 1200x1920 and the what's my browser shows whatever it's trying to show. But you're saying it still might be different? Is there any other to check?

That's really weird. Looking at it more closely, some features of your screenshot look like they are ~960 px, while others look more like 990. All of the responsive design features, not just the sidebar, are treating your browser as having >979 horizontal logical pixels though.

First of all, can you try clearing your cache to make sure that it's not a caching issue.

If that doesn't solve it, can you go to http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ (slightly different URL to the one you went to) and make sure to enable Request Desktop Site there if you have it enabled here as well, then copy the data/link from there.

Alternatively, if it's not bothering you, it's probably fine to just leave it.

HTTP/2 203

14 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Dats more pixels than my primary monitor :D 

Maybe the browser thinks you're on a bigger tablet therefore trying to load the whole UI in? :P 

That's less pixels than my Galaxy S6

1440x2560.

Anyways, I think that's possible that the browser or site thinks that it's a bigger screen so it's not loading the mobile version.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization