Did you know that GTX 1070 builds can actually be pretty cheap?

idek why all the builds with the gtx 1070 are all $1000+ but in all seriousness you can build a badass system for like $790 with the gtx 1070 thats also mitx and if you make it matx it might even be cheaper... heres the build:

-i5 6400 - $180 might bottleneck a little but not too severely like 5 to 10 fps only

-Asrock H110M itx/ac - $70 i know its a little on the cheaper side but atleast it has ac wifi and is really not that bad

-ballistix sport lt 8gb ddr4 2400 - $32 8gb is enough stop whining and dont worry the motherboard will automatically downclock it to 2133

-WD blue 7200rpm 1tb hdd - $50 we are on a budget extra storage will increase price

-Asus turbo gtx 1070 - $380 the price is currently jacked up but soon it will be normal

-EVGA 500 W1 - $35 you dont need a 1500w power supply

-silverstone sg13b - $40 its a nice tiny little case

total: $787 wooow

its like people on youtube who put these builds together are really trying to make the 1070 out of reach from the 700 to 900 dollar gaming pc

Or maybe that's how much they want to spend and the 1070 fits in their budget. I could make a $1000 build with a Rx 480. Plus, the power supply. Really?

Steve

A little? Even i5 6600k will bottleneck it.

Only 8GB of RAM?

I am sure with that crappy psu your pc will blow up 

Because cheapest 1070 is 460€ here ;(

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

why would it blow up its pretty reliable

Just now, JuztBe said:

Because cheapest 1070 is 460€ here ;(

thats sad

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Only 8GB of RAM?

I am sure with that crappy psu your pc will blow up 

yeah 8gb you dont need more for gaming

Just now, I<3me said:

yeah 8gb you dont need more for gaming

Ok but are you seriously considering that psu?

because the turbo 1070 is the cheapest out the bunch, and honestly not the best cooler around. (i'm still sad they done away with the old turbo cooler)

because an i5 6400 with a GTX1070 is the wrong thing to do overall. i wouldnt even recommend that chip paired to an R9 390...

because a $70 motherboard doesnt work for everyone, some people actually want features, maybe you dont, but i certainly do.

because people like me actually use more than 8GB ram on a daily basis and games are rapidly closing in on that magic number of needing more

because some people want an SSD

because that evga series is a potato, and some people like reliability

because some people want a case that actually fits more than a potato and a sandwich

because some people want more than a stock intel cooler

because some people have budget for more, so they get more.

are those enough reasons?

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

because the turbo 1070 is the cheapest out the bunch, and honestly not the best cooler around. (i'm still sad they done away with the old turbo cooler)

because an i5 6400 with a GTX1070 is the wrong thing to do overall. i wouldnt even recommend that chip paired to an R9 390...

because a $70 motherboard doesnt work for everyone, some people actually want features, maybe you dont, but i certainly do.

because people like me actually use more than 8GB ram on a daily basis and games are rapidly closing in on that magic number of needing more

because some people want an SSD

because that evga series is a potato, and some people like reliability

because some people want a case that actually fits more than a potato and a sandwich

because some people want more than a stock intel cooler

because some people have budget for more, so they get more.

are those enough reasons?

bruv this a budget not a dream build the point is that you can build a pc with a gtx 1070 for 800 although not the best but it is possible

4 minutes ago, I<3me said:

Why a TIER 6 wouldn't lol

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Ok but are you seriously considering that psu?

its relatively reliable and enough power

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($294.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus B150-PRO D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $988.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-08 13:19 EDT-0400

Much better

Just now, I<3me said:

its relatively reliable and enough power

"reliable"

7 minutes ago, I<3me said:

1: That CPU has a super low clockspeed, not too good.

2: The TURBO 1070 isn't great. It's cheap for a reason.

3: An SSD is a must in a modern computer, even in a rig this "cheap".

4: You might as well use a roadside bomb to power your PC.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($294.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus B150-PRO D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $988.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-08 13:19 EDT-0400

Much better

200 dollars more for 2 fps more niceee

2 minutes ago, I<3me said:

bruv this a budget not a dream build the point is that you can build a pc with a gtx 1070 for 800 although not the best but it is possible

you could build a $600 PC with a 1070, but building a gaming pc isnt about getting the best GPU and cheaping out on the rest (which was the point i was trying to make, if it didnt click ;))

building a good gaming pc (and honestly any pc) is done by balancing the build out for your specific requirements, if that means a lower end GPU so be it, at least you wont have to worry about a horrible psu catching fire, having loading times of 2005, and having zero expansion options.

8 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Only 8GB of RAM?

I would say half true and half false,this obviously depends on the game :P 

That's "enough" for gaming and whatnot...

7 minutes ago, I<3me said:

It's okay for lower power builds, yes I have first hand experience with the 430Watt 80+ white 24/7 for a month mining on a 7950 and folding on a 2300 was rock stable, I still wouldn't recommend for a "higher end" build :/ (especially when there's a 1070 in it...)

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

So my 6400 and 1060 combo is a bad idea? Although I don't notice much of a difference between when my 290X (when it didn't die) and 5820k vs that machine...

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

-snip-

Nah, I'm going to side with OP (if he changed out the PSU and maybe added a cheap SSD)  as yes, I know it's not that balanced but come on, it's still a skylake i5 and 1070 while being "decently" cheap which as a concept is fine :D 

I think people are getting too used to "must have this at least to be paired with this" idea as yes it may bottleneck or whatever but considering how much you're spending, as a suggestion/concept, I have no idea why you guys are bashing him so much :/ (unless it's the PSU then feel free to bash him as much as you want ;))

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

1: That CPU has a super low clockspeed, not too good.

2: The TURBO 1070 isn't great. It's cheap for a reason.

3: An SSD is a must in a modern computer, even in a rig this "cheap".

4: You might as well use a roadside bomb to power your PC.

it is a cheap option for people who want a gtx 1070 so yeah some stuff are gonna be cheap and that processor actually boosts to 3.2ghz so yee

you can change the power supply if you dont feel comfortable lel

Just now, I<3me said:

it is a cheap option for people who want a gtx 1070 so yeah some stuff are gonna be cheap and that processor actually boosts to 3.2ghz so yee

You say that like 3.2GHz is fast.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

what im saying is its good enough and wont bottleneck too much

Faster than 4GHz or 3.4GHz...without context, 3.2GHz can be fast ;) (it's faster than the 3.4GHz clocked 4460 and faster than a 4GHz clocked FX chip...so it's not all about the JiggerHertz :P)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

So my 6400 and 1060 combo is a bad idea? Although I don't notice much of a difference between when my 290X (when it didn't die) and 5820k vs that machine...

eh. a 1060 is more in the budget range, along with the i5 6400 ;)

see it like this:

- i5 6400 = €219

- GTX1070 = €500-ish for a decent cooler

- GTX1060 = €300 range

the price gap between those two cards is in the same range of the price of the CPU, at that point you should wonder about more than just performance, you should actually consider if you're a cheapskate that buys the cheapest of everything but his GPU to prove something to yourself.