[Help wanted] Extreme Budget PC

So im planning to help my father to build a new PC, and he really needed because his pc has die recently (2 days ago of the post day) and it was a very old pc,

it was from 2006 and he have a AMD Athlon x64 with 2 gb of DDR2 RAM, some ASrock mobo

An unamed PSU 500W without any certification (yet i dont know why his PSU has not exploded or failed)

An old 500GB of storage HDD (of course)

A cheap wifi adapter. (he always complaint that he can't get the wifi of the house)

As you can see he's a type of guy who buy cheap stuff without knowledge i always say to him to stop buying pc stuff without knowledge because he can be easily scammed or get bad result and always says to him  "sometimes cheap stuff is expensive " or "you get what you pay for" and i cant really belive him that he says back in the day that pc you see above cost him 1000$. im pretty confidence that if he know tech stuff he will get more cheaper computer.

Storyline off....

What he aim for?

He just will only surf the web, check bank accounts and that's it. No gaming (maybe i can buy myself a RX460 and turn it in a gaming machine) No any professional work.

Budget?  Max 380$ 

So the requirement of this pc build would be: 

• Use SSD min. 200GB, speed min. 500 MB/s Write and READ (i want to impress him for the fast boot times because his old pc boots pirated "original windows xp" in 2 minutes and even optimize it, 1.28 minutes. yes i count it)
  • SATA III or SATA 6GB/S
  • Good range Wireless adapter with the last protocol  802.11AC and can handle 5GHz connections. (because no ones im my neighborhood use 5GHz channel)
  • USB 3.0 or USB 3.1

Optional:

• USB 3.1 Type C support (i really want this but seems any <80$ MOBO dont support it)
  • Displayport Support
  • M.2 Support
  • Build-in wifi adapter

i think that's all.

i have a PCpart list i dont know if you guys can make it more cheap and still no compromising the quality. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($56.98 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock H170M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($65.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Zalman ZM-T1 PLUS MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($25.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($68.46 @ B&H) 
Total: $363.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-07 21:19 EDT-0400

What do you guys think? 

ANY COMMENT, FEEDBACK, IS APPRECIATED

5 minutes ago, Antony Leung said:

So im planning to help my father to build a new PC, and he really needed because his pc has die recently (2 days ago of the post day) and it was a very old pc,

it was from 2006 and he have a AMD Athlon x64 with 2 gb of DDR2 RAM, some ASrock mobo

An unamed PSU 500W without any certification (yet i dont know why his PSU has not exploded or failed)

A cheap wifi adapter. (he always complaint that he can get the wifi of the house)

As you can see he's a type of guy who buy cheap stuff without knowledge i always say to him to stop buying pc stuff without knowledge because he can be easily scammed or get bad result and always says to him  "sometimes cheap stuff is expensive " or "you get what you pay for" and i cant really belive him that he says back in the day that pc you see above cost him 1000$. im pretty confidence that if he know tech stuff he will get more cheaper computer.

Storyline off....

What he aim for?

He just will only surf the web, check bank accounts and that's it. No gaming (maybe i can buy myself a RX460 and turn it in a gaming machine) No any professional work.

Budget?  Max 380$ 

• Use SSD min. 200GB, speed min. 500 MB/s Write and READ (i want to impress him for the fast boot times because his old pc boots pirated "original windows xp" in 2 minutes and even optimize it, 1.28 minutes. yes i count it)
  • SATA III or SATA 6GB/S
  • Good range Wireless adapter with the last protocol  802.11AC and can handle 5GHz connections. (because no ones im my neighborhood use 5GHz channel)
  • USB 3.0 or USB 3.1

Optional:

• USB 3.1 Type C support (i really want this but seems any <80$ MOBO dont support it)
  • Displayport Support
  • M.2 Support
  • Build-in wifi adapter

i think that all.

i have a PCpart list i dont know if you guys can make it more cheap and still no compromising the quality. 

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($68.46 @ B&H) 

What do you guys think? 

That's pretty much all you can get him on that budget

Go for AMD maybe? This

CPU: AMD 5350 2.05Ghz Quad-Core Processor  ($39.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock AM1B-M Micro ATX AM1 Motherboard  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($58.98 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.33 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $277.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-07 21:28 EDT-0400

system is good but get him a 1TB harddrive to save all of his docs onto, so he doesn't lose them

also maybe get a dual core AMD chip, they cost less then intel (both the chip and the MB).

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Just now, samiscool51 said:

system is good but get him a 1TB harddrive to save all of his docs onto, so he doesn't lose them

also maybe get a dual core AMD chip, they cost less then intel (both the chip and the MB).

1TB for documents haha 

1 minute ago, samiscool51 said:

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

1TB for documents haha 

He dont use many GB's even is actual hard drive that i restored his files, use less than 140 GB. that's with i put him 240GB of SSD.

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Go for AMD maybe? This

The CX450M is better than the EVGA 430, I'd stick with that, and from what he'll be doing, he'll benefit more from the faster per-core performance of the Pentium.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Antony Leung said:

He dont use many GB's even is actual hard drive that i restored his files, use less than 140 GB. that's with i put him 240GB of SSD.

check my build above

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

The CX450M is better than the EVGA 430, I'd stick with that, and from what he'll be doing, he'll benefit more from the faster per-core performance of the Pentium.

EVGA 430 is cheaper

I am aware that g4400 is much better but I don't reaally think he will need super fast processor.  Trying to see how cheap I can go

EVGA 430 is cheaper

I am aware that g4400 is much better but I don't reaally think he will need super fast processor.  Trying to see how cheap I can go

The PSU is something you never want to just cheap out on, ask @STRMfrmXMN

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

yeah but it is not a bad psu. it's not something that will go boom instantly considering for this machine that barely under any load. sure go ahead with corsair cmx

4 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

yeah but it is not a bad psu. it's not something that will go boom instantly considering for this machine that barely under any load. sure go ahead with corsair cmx

It's tier 6, the thing won't draw much power but it's not a good PSU.

✨PC Specs✨

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

It's tier 6, the thing won't draw much power but it's not a good PSU.

It's an asian man that's using it, with my experience with my mother, (father is a programmer can't do much about that) she just wants fast loading times for everything - they don't care as much about document space or 80 plus titanium ratings

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Indeed, my friend. that's why i remember the cxm "grey units" aren't bad.

i still kinda amazed that his unamed cheap 500W PSU with no certifications is still alive.

Also i want to show him 4k videos on youtube. i dont know if any of those amd cpu can handle that.

1 minute ago, Antony Leung said:

i still kinda amazed that his unamed cheap 500W PSU with no certifications is still alive.

Also i want to show him 4k videos on youtube. i dont know if any of those amd cpu can handle that.

Lol, if it was a prebuilt, some of those have pretty decent PSUs but I still wouldn't use one in a modern build :P 

✨PC Specs✨

2 minutes ago, Antony Leung said:

cheap dedicated gpu?

cheap dedicated gpu?

Would mark that as optional ( i mean the 4k thing), but i would like to do it (as the type c usb port too)

because all his live only has seen 720p.

1 minute ago, Antony Leung said:

Would mark that as optional ( i mean the 4k thing), but i would like to do it (as the type c usb port too)

because all his live only has seen 720p.

maybe you can try some intel igpu. some offer 4K resolution too. but do remember the cost of 4k screen and that cpu won't be cheap. im thinking of skylake

19 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Go for AMD maybe? This

No, that CPU is basically a laptop CPU in a desktop and the PSU is garbage, the OP's build is much better and I wouldn't recommend getting that.

29 minutes ago, Antony Leung said:

A cheap wifi adapter. (he always complaint that he can get the wifi of the house)

Storyline off....

What he aim for?

Budget?  Max 380$ 

• SATA III or SATA 6GB/S
  • USB 3.0 or USB 3.1

Optional:

• Displayport Support
  • M.2 Support
  • Build-in wifi adapter

i think that all.

What do you guys think? 

Good job, I don't know how good the SSD is, but it is probably fine. I recommended the Kingston UV400 or AData SP550 since I know they are good and very good value for money.

1 hour ago, Antony Leung said:

Try H264ify on Chrome or just viewing the video in Microsoft Edge and it's actually fairly easy with a halfway decent GPU like a GTX 950. :)

1 hour ago, Antony Leung said:

What do you guys think? 

So you're in a price range where I would highly recommend looking for used parts. Going for a Haswell system would drastically decrease the cost for the same-ish hardware or about the same amount for, say, an i3. I'm an odd-man out but I snatched a 4670k for $80. I also just sold my i3 4360 for $80 too so it all kinda evens out :P Nonetheless, find something used in the CPU/Mobo/RAM category.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

21 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Try H264ify on Chrome or just viewing the video in Microsoft Edge and it's actually fairly easy with a halfway decent GPU like a GTX 950. :)

So you're in a price range where I would highly recommend looking for used parts. Going for a Haswell system would drastically decrease the cost for the same-ish hardware or about the same amount for, say, an i3. I'm an odd-man out but I snatched a 4670k for $80. I also just sold my i3 4360 for $80 too so it all kinda evens out :P Nonetheless, find something used in the CPU/Mobo/RAM category.

Wow! i didn't expect you to see you here. for me you are a legend.

Thanks for the advice but i dont like buy used part's because there's more risk to get it "dead on arrive" or something worst like dead after 1 hour or 1 week, i had bad experience on that and is not good to see is like playing with the odds(or i just have bad luck) . that's why i want to play more safer ,buying only new parts. 

3 hours ago, Antony Leung said:

Wow! i didn't expect you to see you here. for me you are a legend.

Thanks for the advice but i dont like buy used part's because there's more risk to get it "dead on arrive" or something worst like dead after 1 hour or 1 week, i had bad experience on that and is not good to see is like playing with the odds(or i just have bad luck) . that's why i want to play more safer ,buying only new parts. 

Actually, with a lot of parts you're more likely to receive a DOA part if it's brand new. You're just more likely to be able to get your money refunded or get a replacement sent if it's new. CPUs are more likely to ship alive used than new and you know how rare it is for CPUs to be DOA. 

I'll have you know the only new parts in my system are the motherboard, case, and the CPU cooler :P Everything else I got at a steep discount simply because one person used it before me. I got my 970 for 150 and I got my 4670k for $80 (although that is more of an exception than the rule as I found my 4670k as some sort of typo'd entry on Amazon), my RAM for 40 dollars when that was a deal for 8GB used, my case with one fan that I was told made a bit of noise when at low voltage, my case fan I got from Free Geek, etc. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||