[Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7 6950X | Titan X | Borosilicate Glass Tubing

Revan654
1 hour ago, Str8f4c3 said:

I have Monsoon fittings in my rig right now, and I gotta say that while I love the aesthetic of the fittings, I CANNOT stand the poor design and quality. (I have the free center hardline with the dumb locking ring that needs to be glued to a pipe) I will not be purchasing fittings from them again.

Thinking of getting HeatKiller 200 Tube or EK 250 Tube. Leaning toward HeatKiller atm.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Everything I need is on backorder or not enough stock to cover my order.

HardwareLabs SR2 560 MP - Out of Stock

Aquacomputer heatsink for Poweradjust - Out of Stock

Aquacomputer Vision Terminal - Out of Stock

Aquacomputer Vision Touch Pad - Out of Stock

WaterCool HeatKiller Products - Out of Stock

I had to import from the Netherlands to get ahold of some of the items I needed.

Bought a second Aquaero 6 XT (Blue Edition), Since I ran out of PWM channels on my first one.

Plus PPCS reduced the price recently + 10% off. I got it for a pretty good deal.

I might buy a second Flow meter to see if theirs any kind of drops from the start to end of the loop.

-------------

Looking into lighting now, Not sure what to go with CCFL UV or DarkSide UV Rigid lighting.

----------

Finally trying to plan out where to put the drain or Drains in the THW10.

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Bought a second Aquaero 6 XT (Blue Edition), Since I ran out of PWM channels on my first one.

Plus PPCS reduced the price recently + 10% off. I got it for a pretty good deal.

I might buy a second Flow meter to see if theirs any kind of drops from the start to end of the loop.

-------------

Looking into lighting now, Not sure what to go with CCFL UV or DarkSide UV Rigid lighting.

----------

Finally trying to plan out where to put the drain or Drains in the THW10.

CCLF lighting looks way better IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 07/09/2016 at 0:34 AM, Revan654 said:

i can see why you are getting that much hdd just use them all as on hard drive i wonder what the read and write speeds will be please tell me 

4 hours ago, Revan654 said:

I just hear allot of of horror stories when using CCFL.

well i havent but im also not one for lighitng and looks of PCs, but comparativly when i did a google they looked way way better

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'm thinking of turning the right side Bottom (Section behind the motherboard) into a accessories mounting part. Instead of adding another 420 Rad.

I already have: 560 x2 | 420 x 1.

On 7.1.2017 at 11:39 PM, Revan654 said:

I'm thinking of turning the right side Bottom (Section behind the motherboard) into a accessories mounting part. Instead of adding another 420 Rad.

I already have: 560 x2 | 420 x 1.

but... but... but... more raddage is awesome :D
I do think you have a fair point though... you've probably crossed the point of diminishing returns with your total of 11x140mm fan slots :P

4 hours ago, KrMaH said:

but... but... but... more raddage is awesome :D
I do think you have a fair point though... you've probably crossed the point of diminishing returns with your total of 11x140mm fan slots :P

That and I need some space just incase I need add something else down the road. I would have some room to add it in the back( The the space would be for pumps and such.). I might a single or dual 140 (High FPI Rad, which would only turn on when CPU/GPU get very hot).

According to EK's builder. Two 560 (CE | which is thinner then mine) Liquid temp is at 24. Adding two more 560 would only give me 23. Using two 560 & a 420 would gives me the exact same temp. Not worth spending extra 180 dollars just for same result.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:14 PM, Revan654 said:

That and I need some space just incase I need add something else down the road. I would have some room to add it in the back( The the space would be for pumps and such.). I might a single or dual 140 (High FPI Rad, which would only turn on when CPU/GPU get very hot).

According to EK's builder. Two 560 (CE | which is thinner then mine) Liquid temp is at 24. Adding two more 560 would only give me 23. Using two 560 & a 420 would gives me the exact same temp. Not worth spending extra 180 dollars just for same result.

Totally agree with you bud!

I see no reason to add more rads for anything but wasting money.

Though your idea of single 140mm rads that'll only start the fans within certain temps sounds pretty damn cool!

• 2 weeks later...

AquaComputer WebStore (ETA two Weeks due to one Vision item):

- Illumination insert G1/4 incl. gasket
- VISION connection terminal for kryographics
- VISION Touch table top unit, matte nickel plating, IR receiver and ambient temperature sensor
- RGB illumination module for aquaero 5 and 6

Local Hardware Store:

Drill Tap for 6-32
Drill Tap for M3
Drill Tap for M4
Drill Bit for Tapping 6-32
Drill Bit for Tapping M3
Drill Bit for Tapping M4
Countersink Drill Bits & Tap
Lots of Screws for M3, M4 & 6-32 (Black)

Still Remains:
- Hardware Lab Screws 30mm (Sold Out Currently)
- One Last Radiator 560 or 420 (Not sure yet)
- Corsair 140 ML Pro Fans (x12)
- M.2 Harddrive for my 4K material
- Lighting (Non UV lighting)
- Bolts for M3 & M4
- SSD Screws Black, Due to Case-Labs only gives us Silver for some odd reason.

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

Looks like it's going to be another two to three weeks. Case-Labs is lagging behind.

wow they are really slow with your delivery :/ 

Builds:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Revan654 said:

I had one Shipment sent out from Case-Labs, It was all my accessory parts. The case still has not ETA when it will be sent out, We are way past 10 weeks now.

how are they this slow? how is that even possible?....

Builds:

Spoiler