Is this legal?

MoonlightSylv
Go to solution Solved by Mirdon,

Nope, it's not legal under Adobe's EULA (http://www.adobe.com/products/eula/server/):

Spoiler

(g) Unless otherwise provided herein, you shall not (A) in the aggregate, install or use more than one copy of the Trial Version of the Software, (B) download the Trial Version of the Software under more than one username, (C) alter the contents of a hard drive or computer system to enable the use of the Trial Version of the Software for an aggregate period in excess of the trial period for one license to such Trial Version, (D) disclose the results of software performance benchmarks obtained using the Trial Version to any third party without Macromedia's prior written consent, (E) use the Trial Version for any application deployment or ultimate production purpose, or (F) use the Trial Version of the Software for a purpose other than the sole purpose of determining whether to purchase a license to a commercial or education version of the software; provided, however, notwithstanding the foregoing, you are strictly prohibited from installing or using the Trial Version of the Software for any commercial training purpose.

I found a video on how to basically extend the 30 day trial of the Adobe Creative Suite as many times as you want by editing the serial number in the XML file in the program files, is this legal though?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Probably... but only if they catch you *wink* *wink*, but you didn't hear it from me. 

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

3 minutes ago, BURNINGJUNK said:

Probably... but only if they catch you *wink* *wink*, but you didn't hear it from me. 

So it's legal or not?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I don't actually know lol, most likely not

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

Someone on here mentioned that "someone" *wink* *wink* reinstalls W10 every 30 days on their system to do benchmarks and such.

I never knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That that was possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I know ;)

2 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I found a video on how to basically extend the 30 day trial of the Adobe Creative Suite as many times as you want by editing the serial number in the XML file in the program files, is this legal though?

I honestly doubt it's legal. You're basically stealing the software by not paying for it. Now will you get in trouble for it? Highly unlikely. There are so many people in the world that pirate cracked software and there really isn't a way of catching everyone. You're fine doing what you're doing. Don't worry about it.

Are you asking morally reprehensible people for encouragement, are you afraid Adobe or your ISP will be coming after you, or is this a general question? The best thing to do is to report that video to Adobe and have that Youtube account suspended.

That's definitely illegal in most countries. The chances of anything happening to you because of that are slim to none. That said it's illegal (in most countries) and you shouldn't do it.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

It's basically pirating at that point, so I doubt any judge will decide in your favor if Adobe does sue you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

wouldnt it be teh same as reinstalling windows every 30 days?

Not if you have a license for it. If you don't have a license for it then yes it's against the law in most countries.

-KuJoe

Thanks guys, I'll just not do this :P 

I don't like piracy, I didn't know if this was actually piracy though.

✨PC Specs✨

I'd assume not. It's basically indirectly cracking it. Cracking is getting any sort if paid software to work without actually paying. Extending the trial is doing just that.

Nothing.

Nope, it's not legal under Adobe's EULA (http://www.adobe.com/products/eula/server/):

Spoiler

(g) Unless otherwise provided herein, you shall not (A) in the aggregate, install or use more than one copy of the Trial Version of the Software, (B) download the Trial Version of the Software under more than one username, (C) alter the contents of a hard drive or computer system to enable the use of the Trial Version of the Software for an aggregate period in excess of the trial period for one license to such Trial Version, (D) disclose the results of software performance benchmarks obtained using the Trial Version to any third party without Macromedia's prior written consent, (E) use the Trial Version for any application deployment or ultimate production purpose, or (F) use the Trial Version of the Software for a purpose other than the sole purpose of determining whether to purchase a license to a commercial or education version of the software; provided, however, notwithstanding the foregoing, you are strictly prohibited from installing or using the Trial Version of the Software for any commercial training purpose.

10 hours ago, Minibois said:

It's basically pirating at that point, so I doubt any judge will decide in your favor if Adobe does sue you.

I think someone getting an extened trial is cheaper then them sueing him. Theyll just fix that

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10 hours ago, Minibois said:

I think someone getting an extened trial is cheaper then them sueing him. Theyll just fix that

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)