AMD Radeon R9 290 series launch postponed

R9-290-launch-date.png

:(

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

lame, just release the damn thing

we've had enough of marketing slides and rumour.

Sorry for the swearwords, but: fuck that AMD!

We've been waiting for something new forever now and this company doesn't release shit.

I'm so über mad right now, I may forget Hawaii and get a GTX 780, seriously.

That news may not be true at all, atleast I hope it isn't

144Hz goodness

harbaugh-rage.gif

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Wow.... Another 16 days with this 5450.......  :angry:

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Wow.... Another 16 days with this 5450.......  :angry:

I know your pain, I was stuck with one of those for a year and a half before jumping to a 6950.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Sorry for the swearwords, but: fuck that AMD!

We've been waiting for something new forever now and this company doesn't release shit.

I'm so über mad right now, I may forget Hawaii and get a GTX 780, seriously.

That news may not be true at all, atleast I hope it isn't

Imagine what will happen with Mantle... they are incapable of RELEASING THEIR PRODUCT THEY HAVE ANNOUNCED OFFICIALY TWO WEEKS AGO, i believe Mantle will be a big flop (5% performance increase or so) and/or delayed until 2014.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Now I am sad...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I wonder what the demand for the the R9 series actually is and if AMD under estimated it. Either way I'm still getting the card. I have waited two years I can wait longer.

Imagine what will happen with Mantle... they are incapable of RELEASING THEIR PRODUCT THEY HAVE ANNOUNCED OFFICIALY TWO WEEKS AGO, i believe Mantle will be a big flop (5% performance increase or so) and/or delayed until 2014.

Huh? How does one apply to the other? You act like this is the first time a release for a video card has been delayed or the first time we've seen crazy paper launches. TSMC could be having early yeild issues or AMD could have decided to wait to see what Nvidia is doing and try to counter them. It makes complete sense from a marketing perspective to wait and counter the competition. Why do you think Nvidia decided on the 12th for their new product launches/whatever they're doing? To counter the original launch date of the 290x and try to take away some of the hype for it. A delay like this could potentially allow AMD to adjust their pricing model on the 290 and 290x before they release instead of possibly being stuck with cards at uncompetitive prices.

I like how everyone is mad at amd because something wasn't released on the day they were rumoured to release something.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I like how everyone is mad at amd because something wasn't released on the day they were rumored to release something.

Not mad, just disappointed.

I'm just sick of the "rumor prices" and benchmarks coming out, just release it already. Reviewers already have their cards, I bet Linus has already benchmarked the 290X and has done unboxes of it as well. I bet he even knows the official pricing, yet here we are sitting in the dark.

Guys, please note that it was just the embargo on reviews that got changed. This might not mean the actual launch date of the card has been moved, just that you won't see benchmarks as soon as they first planned.

Not sure why they would do this though. I mean, reviewers have probably already started running the benchmarks so postponing it will only hide info from potential customers for longer, it won't actually change the card. Seems like a strange move if you ask me.

Guys, please note that it was just the embargo on reviews that got changed. This might not mean the actual launch date of the card has been moved, just that you won't see benchmarks as soon as they first planned.

Not sure why they would do this though. I mean, reviewers have probably already started running the benchmarks so postponing it will only hide info from potential customers for longer, it won't actually change the card. Seems like a strange move if you ask me.

It could be that they were having issues with the benchmarks, and so are trying to push fixes before the benchmarks and reviews start flowing?

Or as someone pointed out, to counter Nvidia, which honestly is a great strategy. 

It says the launch will be more in line with the BF4 release.

So that's October 29th/30th/

What a load of shit.

i doubt it will be that late.. if its is sold then with bf4 you wont be playing on day one..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

And straight from AMD's VP of Global Channel Sales the 290x is not delayed: https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/389492380853735424

are you following the OC3D thread on this too?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

are you following the OC3D thread on this too?

No. Saw the Tweet posted by someone on [H]ardForum and figured I'd toss it here to let people know.

Preordering hardware is madness anyway, I look forward to the benchmarks.