Disappointed with NCIX

whatthe_fuzz

If the box was sealed with the damaged components, it's not NCIX's fault as they did not open the packaging at all. But if the box is opened and tampered, it probably NCIX's doing.

Retailers are actually just middle-men, the get the product from the manufacturer and sell it to you. That's it.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Just so we're clear, it is 100% their fault. They are supposed to check that the products they sell and supply are fit for purpose BY LAW. You should hold them 100% accountable. 

So what you are saying is that they should open the package, make sure it's fine, repackage it for you, ship it out, and then call every company that gets it's hands on it, have them open it up again to look inside to make sure it's still alright until it finally reaches it's destination? Because to me, I would think a customer would prefer if their item wasn't opened. On a consumers side that sounds pretty good right, but on a business side it would cost a lot of money and slow everything down just to make sure each and every one of their thousands of customers products are ok and shipped fine. Which would pretty much backfire in the consumers face not only because the price would go way up, and it would take much longer to get to them as well, but every time it's handled to be checked there's a possibility of it getting damaged.

OP: What I agree on is that it should be replaced. You payed for a product therefore should get the product undamaged and how it was made. Crap happens at times, accidents happen, but a company who is sending out thousands of products can only keep an eye on a certain amount and sometimes things like this occur. Yes it sucks, but you have to look at it that things can't always go 100%. It at times occurs out of their hands, ex: while being shipped. It's out of their business and control and now in the hands of the deliverer.

Looks like a returned unit got mixed in with the new ones.Maybe it fell of a forklift moving returns and someone put it in the new pile?

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

***UPDATE***

Emailed and filed for an RMA and received this message 

Me: (stating reasons for RMA) The item shows signs of previous use. Radiator fins are bent. The cardboard is torn apart and has put dust all over components. The screw's paint is slightly chipped which suggests previous use.

NCIX: Hi John,

Thank you for contacting NCIX tech support. I'm sorry to hear that you received a unit with a damaged box. From what my records indicate, you are the only owner of this particular watercooling unit, and I assure you it is completely new. Please feel free to test it out, and should it be defective, I will be glad to assist you again. 

"damaged box"

Me: It wasnt just the packaging. in fact, the actual product wasnt sealed. The radiator has multiple bent fins. The product is not in "new" condition. I have picture evidence if needed.

Another reason i dont believe it was Swiftech is because the box wasnt sealed. The actual product was just a cardboard box with no sticker or plastic. Weird situation and i might just go through Swiftech but in all honesty, i paid for 3-day shipping and now its going to take a week or two...i'll ask for a shipping refund. It cost me $16 to get a paper weight shipped from Canada <_<

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

The fins on my 2 year old heatsink are straighter than that "new" unit, come on.

The fins on my 2 year old heatsink are straighter than that "new" unit, come on.

But its new....and i just received a damaged box.....

COMEON NCIX YOU HAD ONE JOB

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I have a contact in Germany that has a couple of Samsung drives in good condition that he's willing to just send me if I pay for shipping. If a local (as in same country) hard drive arrives DOA from horrid shipping...I sure wouldn't trust the post to deliver it in working condition. I'd imagine something might have happened for you involving the people who don't give a damn about our packages.

Something doesn't add up, though. If a package was new and you were the only owner according to Swiftech...the feck is the rad so beat up, dust and plastic missing? Even with the worst shipping transport, things don't get shaken up to the point of it looking like it got tossed around a hurricane. It leads back to something wrong at NCIX and a bit of the carriers delivering it.

inb4 this somehow involved the NSA and retarded border control IT'S A BOMB TERRORIST MUH FREEDOMS.

I have a contact in Germany that has a couple of Samsung drives in good condition that he's willing to just send me if I pay for shipping. If a local (as in same country) hard drive arrives DOA from horrid shipping...I sure wouldn't trust the post to deliver it in working condition. I'd imagine something might have happened for you involving the people who don't give a damn about our packages.

Something doesn't add up, though. If a package was new and you were the only owner according to Swiftech...the feck is the rad so beat up, dust and plastic missing? Even with the worst shipping transport, things don't get shaken up to the point of it looking like it got tossed around a hurricane. It leads back to something wrong at NCIX and a bit of the carriers delivering it.

inb4 this somehow involved the NSA and retarded border control IT'S A BOMB TERRORIST MUH FREEDOMS.

darn al qaeda messin with my rad....

according to NCIX its never been used. Normally i would blame poor shipping but the outer box is fine. and it was FILLED with bubble wrap and not a SINGLE bubble was popped....so that rules out shipping. the internal product box (inside shipping box) wasnt sealed or anything. No sticker no plastic NADA

The only solution is for @LinusTech to backhand the owner of NCIX, make them drive to Texas and personally hand you a new H220. :ph34r:

The only solution is for @LinusTech to backhand the owner of NCIX, make them drive to Texas and personally hand you a new H220. :ph34r:

Hell if Linus would hand deliver the thing i'd pay to fly him down here :P

its nice and cool here in Texas. It was only 35c in my car today :D

I would be pissed, It's time to be making some phone calls. Best of luck bud..

I've forwarded this thread to the RMA manager at NCIX. It will be dealt with.

Thanks so much Linus! I really appreciate it! :) 

I'd like to see other forums top this type of community.

I don't blame NCIX, it's not their fault. 

They don't make the product, they only sell it. They don't open everything that comes to them, so there's bound to be a few issues.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Now to watch as Linus prepares his pimp hand.... :P

Linus saves the day! Whoohoo

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

it happens ring em or better yet go in with it and tell them , dont be mad.

when i got my G710+ i discovered it was missing the wrist guard - i just went in and swapped it over the next day with a completely new one since i didnt know what else had been done too it.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

So what you are saying is that they should open the package, make sure it's fine, repackage it for you, ship it out, and then call every company that gets it's hands on it, have them open it up again to look inside to make sure it's still alright until it finally reaches it's destination? 

No, that's not what I'm saying. We've already covered this childish false dichotomy. Grow up. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700