Disappointed with NCIX

whatthe_fuzz

I was gonna say having some bent fins isn't a big deal as a few can get dinged during manufacturing.

My h220 had a few slightly bent fins when I got it from ncix.ca

but when I looked at your pic I was like whoa!

definitely looks like someone has abused it, looks like someone used a coin or something to open the fill port.

I'd say it was used. but I mean if all the protective stuff hasn't been peeled off it could of just came from manufacturing like that (someone could of dropped the rad or whatever and put it in the box anyways for packing)

was there the plastic on the copper block? if that was on then I doubt it would of been used. once you peel that stuff, no way your getting it back on properly

definitely abused tho!

honestly i'm sure that those bent fins wouldn't really effect performance

but I would have returned it as that kind of condition wouldn't be acceptable to me.

The plastic on the pump could easily put back on.

Just get some shrinkwrap and a heatgun

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

the issue I have is if this happened on Swifttechs end then why the destroyed box? And the screw that looks used.

I honestly doubt it was a Swiftech issue. Like I said in my previous post, I bet someone opened the box, damaged the product, put it back in the box and taped it up so it would look brand new, and someone at NCIX saw it looked fine and probably thought it was a return that wasn't even opened, then put it back on the shelf for purchase.

I honestly doubt it was a Swiftech issue. Like I said in my previous post, I bet someone opened the box, damaged the product, put it back in the box and taped it up so it would look brand new, and someone at NCIX saw it looked fine and probably thought it was a return that wasn't even opened, then put it back on the shelf for purchase.

Or

NCIX hates me, opened the box before shipping, played a quick game of Office Quiditch, boxed it back up then shipped it

They're probably reading this and laughing.....

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

The only way to justify this is if Swiftech/NCIX did the right thing and gave you Noctua class of customer service. You know, ship you ON THEIR DIME a replacement that's /new/. it's the least they should do. The customer should NEVER under any circumstance have to pay return shipping when their item arrives in bad condition. The person who packed it should have their pay docked with the shipping out of their wallet as should any idiot that dropped the package carelessly in transit.

Unfortunately, this makes too much sense and customers get forced to pay return shipping at times.

The only way to justify this is if Swiftech/NCIX did the right thing and gave you Noctua class of customer service. You know, ship you ON THEIR DIME a replacement that's /new/. it's the least they should do. The customer should NEVER under any circumstance have to pay return shipping when their item arrives in bad condition. The person who packed it should have their pay docked with the shipping out of their wallet as should any idiot that dropped the package carelessly in transit.

Unfortunately, this makes too much sense and customers get forced to pay return shipping at times.

Thats the prime reason why I bend over backwards to explain the pros of a Dell monitor. They pay for 2 day cross shipping BOTH ways. I have never paid a cent for a replacement and received a new one in no time

I paid for rushed delivery im just worried im going to get the standard 4-28 business days BS the give out for free

Thats the prime reason why I bend over backwards to explain the pros of a Dell monitor. They pay for 2 day cross shipping BOTH ways. I have never paid a cent for a replacement and received a new one in no time

I paid for rushed delivery im just worried im going to get the standard 4-28 business days BS the give out for free

Dell is just a name plate anyway, it's not like they make the actual panels for the monitor. The monitors are actually really good on the higher end.

With my luck, even when I have 2-day shipping, something dumb happens at the post office and I tend to get it later via pickup.

Derp moment

We all know that police are the most derpiest people on Earth

+1 for that statement, that actually made my night :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Sounds like more of a Swiftech issue.  Highly doubt NCIX had anything to do with.  Retailers always get a lot of shit thrown on them that isn't their fault/is out of their control.  Contact NCIX, explain your problem in a polite and calm manner.  Maybe they will give you "better-than-standard" service.  Then try Swiftech.  Between both companies I am sure you will be able to get decent service.

IMO this thread is a bit unfair to NCIX.  Making a thread on the LTT forums isn't going to get you better service, nor will it fix your problem.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Just so we're clear, it is 100% their fault. They are supposed to check that the products they sell and supply are fit for purpose BY LAW. You should hold them 100% accountable. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Sounds like more of a Swiftech issue. Highly doubt NCIX had anything to do with. Retailers always get a lot of shit thrown on them that isn't their fault/is out of their control. Contact NCIX, explain your problem in a polite and calm manner. Maybe they will give you "better-than-standard" service. Then try Swiftech. Between both companies I am sure you will be able to get decent service.

IMO this thread is a bit unfair to NCIX. Making a thread on the LTT forums isn't going to get you better service, nor will it fix your problem.

This vv

Just so we're clear, it is 100% their fault. They are supposed to check that the products they sell and supply are fit for purpose BY LAW. You should hold them 100% accountable.

This^^

It looks used not defective therefor I blame NCIX.

Dell is just a name plate anyway, it's not like they make the actual panels for the monitor. The monitors are actually really good on the higher end.

With my luck, even when I have 2-day shipping, something dumb happens at the post office and I tend to get it later via pickup.

I understand they dont make panels but they do everything to fix anything defective with them. Even though its not their fault.

Kinda like NCIX and Swiftech. NCIX isnt the manufacturer but they should fix the issue

So wait, NCIX, as a small retailer has to open up EVERY single retail box they get from a manufacturer, distributor, supplier etc. and make sure its good for the customer?  Sounds like the Q.C. the manufacturer is supposed to do.  I work issuing emission defects for vehicles and engines (in Canada) and it is ultimately the manufacturer's

responsibility, not the seller.  Maybe we just live in different places.

This vv

This^^

It looks used not defective therefor I blame NCIX.

And someone at Swiftech couldn't have "used" it.  I would think that the Q.C for watercoolers would be to install them into a test rig and run it to ensure it works.  Or run a sample from each batch as per company policy.  Maybe you got a test unit that was accidentally packaged as new? 

So wait, NCIX, as a small retailer has to open up EVERY single retail box they get from a manufacturer, distributor, supplier etc. and make sure its good for the customer?  Sounds like the Q.C. the manufacturer is supposed to do.  I work issuing emission defects for vehicles and engines (in Canada) and it is ultimately the manufacturer's

responsibility, not the seller.  Maybe we just live in different places.

By law, in America, Canada, the EU, Australia (the list goes on) it is the role of the distributor to ensure that the retailer ensures the products that they are selling are described correctly, functional and fit for purpose. This applies even more to internet orders as most (if not all) of these countries have Distance Selling Regulations.

The retailer is ALWAYS (to repeat) ALWAYS responsible. Cars are a completely different market (given the manufacturer and retailer are often subsidiaries of the same company), but this rule still applies. If I, as a retailer, sold a car second-hand to you with the brakes not working and you crashed it because of this, am I not responsible for that?

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

So wait, NCIX, as a small retailer has to open up EVERY single retail box they get from a manufacturer, distributor, supplier etc

Nobody is saying that -.- Let's not just create false dichotomies for the sake of it.

I understand you like NCIX, but they are definitely wrong in this case. I've never dealt with them, so I have no bias either way.  I just understand the laws surrounding retail (among other things).

Dafaq? How does that even happen with regular use? Unless they...

threw-it-on-the-ground.gif?w=523

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

By law, in America, Canada, the EU, Australia (the list goes on) it is the role of the distributor to ensure that the retailer ensures the products that they are selling are described correctly, functional and fit for purpose. This applies even more to internet orders as most (if not all) of these countries have Distance Selling Regulations.

The retailer is ALWAYS (to repeat) ALWAYS responsible. Cars are a completely different market (given the manufacturer and retailer are often subsidiaries of the same company), but this rule still applies. If I, as a retailer, sold a car second-hand to you with the brakes not working and you crashed it because of this, am I not responsible for that?

You are correct that it is someones role to ensure that retail products are functional.  The responsibility lies with the duly authorized party, typically distributor.  NCIX, CanadaComputers etc. are not distributors, they are retailers. I'm not talking just about cars, but products like chain saws and power tools too.  Selling 2nd hand is entirely different than selling a new product, so your example doesn't work.

A better example might be the recent issues with birth control pills in Canada.  The new packages didn't contain the correct number of active pills.  Who's fault was it? NOT the drugstores who sold it, but the distributor of the drug in Canada.

Nobody is saying that -.- Let's not just create false dichotomies for the sake of it.

I understand you like NCIX, but they are definitely wrong in this case. I've never dealt with them, so I have no bias either way.  I just understand the laws surrounding retail (among other things).

Yes I do like NCIX  :P  Not that I haven't had any problems with them though.  Just at work I see  small retailers getting crapped on all the time.  They get pinched between the customer and the big company. 

You are correct that it is someones role to ensure that retail products are functional.  The responsibility lies with the duly authorized party, typically distributor.  NCIX, CanadaComputers etc. are not distributors, they are retailers. I'm not talking just about cars, but products like chain saws and power tools too.  Selling 2nd hand is entirely different than selling a new product, so your example doesn't work.

A better example might be the recent issues with birth control pills in Canada.  The new packages didn't contain the correct number of active pills.  Who's fault was it? NOT the drugstores who sold it, but the distributor of the drug in Canada.

I never said anything about second hand. I specifically said if I were a distributor (as in I own a second-hand car company) to avoid confusion.

I will only say it once more. By law, it is the person with whom you do business  that is responsible to you. The manufacturers are responsible to ensure their products are suitable for the retailers, the retailers are responsible to ensure their products are suitable for the consumers. It really is as simple as that. Let's leave it there, eh?

Wow just wow on those photos but I expect NCIX to resolve this issue properly and in a timely fashion.  They are a good company.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yes I do like NCIX  :P  Not that I haven't had any problems with them though.  Just at work I see  small retailers getting crapped on all the time.  They get pinched between the customer and the big company. 

That's the world we live in now. Consumers are more willing to hold people responsible for mis-selling products as consumer protection law has changed and as people have become more aware of it.

Wow just wow on those photos but I expect NCIX to resolve this issue properly and in a timely fashion. 

This, basically. They have made a mistake, they'll probably rectify it. Let's be clear, though: They have made a mistake; there's no getting around it. One can only hope the OP gets it sorted out, though :)

Swiftech should know what's being sent out of their factory and NCIX should know what products are returns so they don't get labeled as "new", end of.

It's that simple.

contact ncix and let them know immediately. they may require a credit card hold if they ship you out a new unit without receiving the old unit back first. maybe ask if they will provide you with any free swag as a result of the inconvenience :). be polite and convincing

I would personally contact swiftech  and see if they will ship out a replacement unit. they do require a credit card hold, but their shipping is fast (7 days to edmonton AB)

swiftech also provides all the return shipping packaging and label. return shipping is painless and will not cost you a dime from swiftech directly.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Reeeeellllllaaaaaaxxxx. You arnt screwed. I have one and had to RMA it. Swiftech is the best company i have EVER worked with in terms of returns. Not only was I on the phone with the SAME GUY that Linus dealt with when he was having his issue with the Helix vs Noctua cooling, but they also cross shipped it on their dime. Its hassle free, and you have nothing to worry about for three years (solid warrenty)

So until you get a new one, throw your feet up, grab a cold one, and chill

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green