Disappointed with NCIX

whatthe_fuzz

Before I begin, I understand some people just draw the short straw. i must have been one of them but frankly, this is pretty avoidable. 

At the end if this i'll let you guys decide on how the product was handled

The Story

I ordered the H220 from NCIX and paid for

1. Rushed Shipping

2. Best insurance they had (gut feeling that is paying off....) 

I received it today and opened the box and this is what i found. 

Bent Radiator fins

Paint chips off the screw

Torn up packaging

Packaging remnants in all the parts and components

Plastic on pump was torn

post-22241-0-77094600-1381530069_thumb.j

post-22241-0-57097700-1381530074_thumb.j

post-22241-0-27570000-1381530078_thumb.j

post-22241-0-76474200-1381530086_thumb.j

post-22241-0-74542000-1381530093_thumb.j

post-22241-0-39742100-1381530101_thumb.j

post-22241-0-64798600-1381530106_thumb.j

post-22241-0-17803300-1381530111_thumb.j

and the culprit of all the dust and garbage....

post-22241-0-11603100-1381530117_thumb.j

to me, it looks like this was a returned product that was shipped without being checked. The box it came in, the big brown one, was PRISTINE. not a dent, scratch, nothing. The bubble wrap on the inside, not a single on was popped. The only packaging damage was on the INSIDE of the product box. 

IMO, i received a returned item that no one checked. Pretty disappointed and kinda pissed its going to take another week till this is made right.

Conclusion

i understand that this crap happens but frankly it shouldn't and i have never been a victim of receiving a USED product. I understand DOA and defective but not selling a USED item as NEW. 

So what do you guys think. Am i rightfully upset or should i just accept it? Do you think the product has been used?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

hmm... it does seem used, i can't imagine how that could just magically happen on its own. I hope they sort it out for you.

I wouldn't be angry with NCIX though, these things do happen, as long as they acknowledge it and replace it for you then it's all good.

Those fins are bent pretty bad. There is no way someone hadn't opened it and treated it very poorly.

hmm... it does seem used, i can't imagine how that could just magically happen on its own. I hope they sort it out for you

Those fins are bent pretty bad. There is no way someone hadn't opened it and treated it very poorly.

the thing is, there was nothing that could have destroyed the fins like that.... let alone that box

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

You have every right man, that is absolutely unacceptable and i'd be furious if something like this were to ever happen to me. Personally I only stick to Amazon/Newegg. Returns are easy and something like this would never happen. Not to mention i would never order from a website that looks like it needs a serious web design overhaul.NCIX doesnt even come close to the professional look of other sites.

Btw was the box shrink wrapped/ have those circular tape things as if it was never opened?

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Looks like it was more of a Swifttech issue, then it is with NCIX. NCIX does not make the product sooo dont know really what to think about it

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Get pissed. That's messed up.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Looks like it was more of a Swifttech issue, then it is with NCIX. NCIX does not make the product sooo.

no but ncix is a retail where whatta_fuzz bought this ,so they are responsible

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Looks like it was more of a Swifttech issue, then it is with NCIX. NCIX does not make the product sooo.

i thought that, but i frankly i dont think so....

oh god looks terrible

Get pissed. That's messed up.

i seriously think i was jipped

True, it is NCIX's responsibility, but is it really NCIX's fault? probably not, you have to think how fair that product had to be shipped before it even got to NCIX's warehouse. It started over seas, then through customs, then through the sates postage then NCIX, then to how ever buys it. Honestly that alot of traveling for a product. You can not really expect some stuff to be in the best shape when it arrives. but I do feel for  whatthe_fuzz :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

True, it is NCIX's responsibility, but is it really NCIX's fault? probably not, you have to think how fair that product had to be shipped before it even got to NCIX's warehouse. It started over seas, then through customs, then through the sates postage then NCIX, then to how ever buys it. Honestly that alot of traveling for a product. You can not really expect some stuff to be in the best shape when it arrives. but I do feel for  whatthe_fuzz :(

dat+feel+_fb700dfb1c3e7af74be0f52217721b

thank you...its been a rough time.... *sniffle*

Exactly right. They are most certainly responsible, but as you said it's not always the retailers fault. As long as they are willing to collaborate and sort things out by replacing the part its all good.

I'm so sorry, definitely try to return it!

I voted no to being pissed (this WILL happen everywhere) and voted yes to it being used

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

lol played rugby with it xD

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

I wouldn't personally blame NCIX, mistakes happen in all companies and no company or person is perfect, I still don't blame you though if you are angry with them however.

That product definitely looks used. Demolition derby used.

Might be a manufacturer fault instead of NCIX's, which is why I voted no to being pissed.  With that said, you do have the right to get mad for a bit after finding out about that...that thing looked really abused (and not just by shipping).  A bit related, a few products I have gotten (from different sources that I trust) have had manufacturer packing problems.  My personal bests usually come from ikea (A few examples would be screws with no threads, missing pieces, and once the laminated board had half the design on it...obviously a printing problems).

So yea, it could be NCIX's fault or you could have just gotten unlucky and gotten a damaged in production model

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

I share you pain on awaiting a product to improve your system and having it be a piece of crap. I have a paper weight of a DOA hard drive I am sorting out,

Before I begin, I understand some people just draw the short straw. i must have been one of them but frankly, this is pretty avoidable. 

At the end if this i'll let you guys decide on how the product was handled

The Story

I ordered the H220 from NCIX and paid for

1. Rushed Shipping

2. Best insurance they had (gut feeling that is paying off....) 

I received it today and opened the box and this is what i found. 

Bent Radiator fins

Paint chips off the screw

Torn up packaging

Packaging remnants in all the parts and components

Plastic on pump was torn

attachicon.gif20131011_164006.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164036.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164108.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164141.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164207.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164217.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164322.jpg

attachicon.gif20131011_164351.jpg

and the culprit of all the dust and garbage....

attachicon.gif20131011_164438.jpg

to me, it looks like this was a returned product that was shipped without being checked. The box it came in, the big brown one, was PRISTINE. not a dent, scratch, nothing. The bubble wrap on the inside, not a single on was popped. The only packaging damage was on the INSIDE of the product box. 

IMO, i received a returned item that no one checked. Pretty disappointed and kinda pissed its going to take another week till this is made right.

Conclusion

i understand that this crap happens but frankly it shouldn't and i have never been a victim of receiving a USED product. I understand DOA and defective but not selling a USED item as NEW. 

So what do you guys think. Am i rightfully upset or should i just accept it? Do you think the product has been used?

How on earth is this related to tech news?  Spam police fails :(

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I agree with everyone, this seems like a Swiftech problem, if I was on your shoes, I would very calmly talk with NCIX, and let them know of what happened this. Let them sort it out with Swiftech.

NCIX is a retailer, they aren't supposed to open boxes, or they would at least tell you if they do.

I do feel bad for you and it should have been checked as it does seem someone used it, broke it, then package it up as best they could as if they never opened it and then returned it to NCIX, which didn't check the package since it look brand new still and just put it back on the "New" shelves.

But, this shouldn't be in "Tech News", it should be in General Discussion. 

I agree with everyone, this seems like a Swiftech problem, if I was on your shoes, I would very calmly talk with NCIX, and let them know of what happened this. Let them sort it out with Swiftech.

NCIX is a retailer, they aren't supposed to open boxes, or they would at least tell you if they do.

Well they do sell open box products, which are products that have ben returned to NCIX from another customer and that NCIX found the product to be working, and they sell them cheaper.

I was gonna say having some bent fins isn't a big deal as a few can get dinged during manufacturing.

My h220 had a few slightly bent fins when I got it from ncix.ca

but when I looked at your pic I was like whoa!

definitely looks like someone has abused it, looks like someone used a coin or something to open the fill port.

I'd say it was used. but I mean if all the protective stuff hasn't been peeled off it could of just came from manufacturing like that (someone could of dropped the rad or whatever and put it in the box anyways for packing)

was there the plastic on the copper block? if that was on then I doubt it would of been used. once you peel that stuff, no way your getting it back on properly

definitely abused tho!

honestly i'm sure that those bent fins wouldn't really affect performance

but I would have returned it as that kind of condition wouldn't be acceptable to me.

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

I do feel bad for you and it should have been checked as it does seem someone used it, broke it, then package it up as best they could as if they never opened it and then returned it to NCIX, which didn't check the package since it look brand new still and just put it back on the "New" shelves.

But, this shouldn't be in "Tech News", it should be in General Discussion.

How on earth is this related to tech news?  Spam police fails :(

Meant to put it in Member Reviews not Tech News and Reviews.

Derp moment

We all know that police are the most derpiest people on Earth

the issue I have is if this happened on Swifttechs end then why the destroyed box? And the screw that looks used.