Look what I found in my work trash can #i7-960 #i7-2600 plus Mobos

Hello gente... 

Any ideas on for what this cpu + mobo are still good?

I found yesterday at word,  two pc cases with power supply each and this setup..  I already tested everything  and they all works  good..  This weekend will be cleaning time and make then look good.. 

I'll be posting pictures tonight.. 

This is what I found.. 

Asrock X58 Extreme 

i7 960 

And

Foxconn X61MX V2

i7 2600

What guys do you think? 

X58 Extreme(L1).jpg

2012031988cc7aba-d040-46be-9a91-85478d43b6d2Small.jpg

20160818_000939.jpg

20160818_000454.jpg

Specs

Intel Core i7 4790 

ASUS H81M-A

8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX Fury 

2 Terabytes Seagate Barracuda

Monitor 

HP w2007 at 1680x1050 60hz

I'm just thinking all kind of jealousy.

Nice!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well the 2600 is a nice find, don't like the sound of a foxconn board though, the 960 is still decent though quite dated and the board for it may be good or bad since I don't know how asrock was back then

But you got it all for the best price FREE!! And I would gladly take either if the price was free

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

#nice

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Damn son where'd you find this

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

You just find that...

I'd be happy to get that for under 100 euros...

Jejejej is really nice to find people to share my joy... 

I just comment yesterday to my brother o some work partners and they were like,  ahh good ok old junk... 

I move to Panama city a few months ago and start working as video editor in some real state agency.. 

Yesterday at 6pm I just leave,  and for some reason I past by the trash (the leave it on the sidewalk front of the business),  and look over and I was in shock,  I just see two pc case open with some boards,  cpu stock cooler and that's it. 

I take them and start my way home..  On subway I do a fast research over Google and then just joy.  

I figure out the boards first,  and when get home..  Put my 8gb Ram from my current pc and a gtx 750..

And voila.. Boot ok...  So... Really happy right now... 

I'm searching about if they can handle ddr 1600nhz or just 1333mhz.. 

Here's a picture of my work and thoses black garbage bags.. There was my treasure... 

Thanks for sharing the joy... 

IMG-20160819-WA0010.jpeg

Specs

Intel Core i7 4790 

ASUS H81M-A

Monitor 

Nice find, those CPUs are still quite respectable.

I have friends and family with 2500 and 2600 s and they handle thing well still.

Yep I think that too,  I see gaming benchmark on YouTube with 960 and some GPU,  hanging really well on gta5..

I'll be posting pictures this weekend,  so I'll start cleaning all and doing some mods on pc cases also. ?

Specs

Intel Core i7 4790 

ASUS H81M-A

Monitor 

Specs

Intel Core i7 4790 

ASUS H81M-A

Monitor 

Dayum. That's a nice find. I could use those free PCs, that's for sure...

Do you already know what will you do with them?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

The 960 is still a good processor, and works well with newer games, but the 2600 is kind of slow (for gaming) by modern standards.

But, of course, both of them would work very well as a basic computer for web-surfing, etc, or as the basis of a basic machine to gift to a parent, cousin, community center etc.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

So,  between thoses two.. You guys think it's better to keep the 960 with X58?   As a second rig to do stuffs benchmark and other pc lover things....  

I'm planning to put both running and Benchmark each to get a winner.. 

The second best I may ending selling it,  so get some cash and keep buying more stuff or upgrading my 4790

Specs

Intel Core i7 4790 

ASUS H81M-A

Monitor