Limit CPU boost under the processor performance boost setting

I've recently purchased a Legion Pro 5 laptop with a Ryzen 7 7745HX. Initially, the laptop CPU ran far hotter than I would like with the processor performance boost mode set to aggressive. I disabled the boost under power options and the laptop has run fairly cool but I feel like I have somewhat crippled my CPU. If the boost is reactivated on any setting the laptop will shoot up from the 3.6 GHz base clock to 5.1 GHz and drive the temps equally high. Given how volatile the laptop has and can be with temperatures I am a bit nervous to go into my Bios and manually overclock the CPU. Nevertheless, I am sure I could sustain a core clock speed of 4 GHz and keep under 70c during load. 

My issue is this, how can I limit my CPU to run up to 4 GHz frequency with the boost mode without going all the way to 5.1 GHz? I've tried setting a maximum processor frequency under power options to 4 GHz but the processor performance boost setting seems to ignore that cap and target CPU frequencies above that maximum frequency. The research I've done so far has led me to believe that throttlestop or AMD Ryzen Master might be a solution but I'm completely unfamiliar with the programs. Any help is much appreciated. 

Fyi ryzen 7000 is MEANT to run as fast as possinle till it reaches 95c which is still well under max temp. At 95c it balances itself out.

It is specifically MADE TO DO THIS and designed to endure this forever since it is till a good bit under true max temp.

Same thing nvidia has been doing for years. Set a temperature target of 83c and let the gpu boost as much as it wants till that temp.

So just leave it be and dont worry. No need to impact performance when it is working as designed and intended.

Thanks. I'm still wondering if I can implement a hard cap for the CPU GHz so it doesn't go into the 100's, which it will.