Any advice on how to run apps on truenas scale?

Apparently truecharts is bad, so what should I do to run apps?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

9 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Apparently truecharts is bad, so what should I do to run apps?

I've never had an issue with TrueCharts, and from what I've read the problems it had have been resolved in the latest versions of TrueNAS Scale.

Either run Docker containers or set up a Linux VM inside TrueNAS to host software.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I've never had an issue with TrueCharts, and from what I've read the problems it had have been resolved in the latest versions of TrueNAS Scale.

Either run Docker containers or set up a Linux VM inside TrueNAS to host software.

So truecharts. Also what do you recommend for dicker? Should I use The built it gui to manage docker containers or sandbox in dockge?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Also where does truecharts keep the apps? I read About pvc’s but then was told that hostpath might be better, but now I’m worried about UID’s and gid’s please help 

17 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Also where does truecharts keep the apps?

Where you tell it to. In my current (and future) home server, I have an SSD set up as its own pool for hosting applications like Plex. That way they don't have to hit the pool of spinning drives.

Don't fall down a rabbit hole of Linux minutiae. That's the path to madness. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.