Could you Water Cool a PSU?

Hey guys, just thought  I could ask this. One, has watercooling a psu beed tried/done before? Two, if it has been done, are people mass producing systems with it? Three, if it has not been done, will it be done? Leave your opinions below, I just thought of asking this question.images.jpg

it has probably been done. it would honestly not be the hardest thing in the world but it would be dangerus as hell because if ANY liquid leeks your system is tost, and probably a lot of other shit too tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I don't believe so as it's my understanding they don't have heatsinks so there would be nothing to cool as such. I may be very wrong though haha! 

It's been done,a company sold a hybrid PSU at one point for a bit.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

4 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

I don't believe so as it's my understanding they don't have heatsinks so there would be nothing to cool as such. I may be very wrong though haha! 

they have really big heatsinks to keep shit cool, why do you think they have massive fans? lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, keNNySOC said:

i would never have that in my system, ever. watercooling your GPU and CPU and even RAM and Mobo i can be fine with, but not a fucking AC/DC converter. no. i would NEVER have that

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i would never have that in my system, ever. watercooling your GPU and CPU and even RAM and Mobo i can be fine with, but not a fucking AC/DC converter. no. i would NEVER have that

well, modern power supplies actually have a bridge rectifier as pretty much the first component in the entire thing.

it's cheaper and more efficient for modern day electronics to convert DC/DC.

on topic: a lot of the components used in DC/DC conversion are actually quite happy running hot, so while watercooling is defenately ballin', there's pretty much no need to and for some specific components can actually hurt efficiency.

But why? Pretty sure there have been psu's with no fan. But they are expensive as hell.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Yes, you could technically do it. But that sort of thing would be right up there with motherboard monoblocks. It just doesn't make a lot of sense for 99.9% of users. even for those who want to watercool their CPU's or GPU's.

It really doesn't make sense to do it though. Unless you have it running in its own separate loop, the heated coolant from your other components would likely result in adding heat to your PSU rather than cooling it. Just buy a premium PSU. Those things stay cool and quiet pretty much no matter what load you put them under.