Watch Dogs Official System Requirements Released

Ethnod

Holy crap man, them be some serious spec requirements. Lovin it byw :D Especially cause I meet them lol Cant wait to see what this game looks like on PC, console guys can suck it :D Na seriously, game looks amazing, cant wait :)

Watch Dogs Official PC Requirements

MINIMUM
Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED
Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Source:

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/watch-dogs-official-system-requirements-released/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Already posted :)

dammit u evil cat why u post b4 me

But I searched.... I google searched... what the hell :/

Oh well plz close. Oh where is the original btw? Its not on the first couple of pages

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Guys, this is not a repost.

Those were the leaked specs. These are the official specs. 

They are fairly different.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Does anyone else think the RAM is a bit high? To me it looks a bit out of place with the rest of the specs. Does this possibly suggest poor optimisations?

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Guys, this is not a repost.

Those were the leaked specs. These are the official specs. 

They are fairly different.

ah hehehe mistake by all of uzzz =P

sickkk now i just have to decide whether im keeping my 770 lightning and getting a second or going with two r9 290x's :) i love system upgrade season/game release heaven

to everyone who told me that 3570k is enough

I ******** HATE YOU!!!!!

BURN IN 1234931504682.jpg!!

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I don't like the fact that the recommende CPU spec is so high. They recommend a 3770k or fx-8350. What does the game do in order to recommend such vast quantities of processor power? A game which runs on far weaker console CPUs

I don't like the fact that the recommende CPU spec is so high. They recommend a 3770k or fx-8350. What does the game do in order to recommend such vast quantities of processor power? A game which runs on far weaker console CPUs

I don't think you understand what the difference between PC and console gaming is. 

Although I agree them recommending a 3770k over a 3570k doesn't make sense. The idea that Hyper Threading means anything to the game beyond 1% difference (at best) is silly imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't think you understand what the difference between PC and console gaming is.

I understand that they may include higher levels of graphical fidelity in the pc version and hence they can be justified in recommending a high performance VGA in order to experience that. On the other hand I don't understand What they are doing that would make them recommend such fast CPUs- feel free to enlighten me

to everyone who told me that 3570k is enough

I ******** HATE YOU!!!!!

BURN IN !!

tbh, like most people here, I am skeptical as to need to so much CPU power. Unless the game is extremely multi-threaded optimised and actually depends on multi-threading I very much doubt that the 3570k will perform any worse off than the 3770k. In almost game benchmarks the difference is almost none existent, essentially not noticable. I would not worry too much tbh

I understand that they may include higher levels of graphical fidelity in the pc version and hence they can be justified in recommending a high performance VGA in order to experience that. On the other hand I don't understand What they are doing that would make them recommend such fast CPUs- feel free to enlighten me

They are optimizing the games to use more CPU cores. That is what they are doing. 

† Christian Member †

Finally games are pushing a bit. 

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Guess I'll need to do some overclocking on my i5 in order to handle this game at max.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Awesome, I now have an excuse to get an i7.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

This cant be right. How are the rec specs already at the cutting edge (or pretty close) of whats available in the consumer market today? 3770k? 8350? Not to mention 8 Gb of Ram? Yea right. This sounds like some balogna

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

This cant be right. How are the rec specs already at the cutting edge (or pretty close) of whats available in the consumer market today? 3770k? 8350? Not to mention 8 Gb of Ram? Yea right. This sounds like some balogna

They might be overestimating but the game is designed to be highly threaded. The PC version is the lead platform but the engine is designed to run on the PS4 and XB1 so be able to handle a lot of threads makes sense. If it's a CPU heavy game (which would also make sense due to it being designed as a next gen game) then recommending a lot of cores, especially at higher resolutions. 8GB seems like a lot of RAM, but in this day and age it really isn't. It only seems like a lot because we're so used to games being limited by 32bit OSes. The RAM and CPU specs do seem like they are over-estimating things though, but we'll see. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the PC version of GTAV asked for a good CPU and a lot of RAM either. I think we're going to see specs jump drastically in the next couple years as things transition over to next generation consoles and that is a good thing.