Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

23 hours ago, k4bn said:

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024273/ please watch this video and read my posts in the thread. I'll give you a few games that I recently played for reference, so you can test them out if you wish. I havent played every  single game in existence compared to you, so I don't want to spread misinformation.

The only way to get rid of the specific aliasing problem you are addressing is with temporal anti-aliasing. Downsampling and supersampling can heavily reduce it however. This is applied only for games that use deferred rendering and PBR. Test out games like Alias Isolation TAA mod or games like INSIDE, DOOM or Obduction with TAA to see if everything is working properly.

For games with forward rendering, such as The Witness or Killing Floor, MSAA should clear up the aliasing. Note that some KF maps use alpha test for optimization, so MSAA may miss some stuff, but it should work fine in general. This applies only if you are using at least 1080p.

If you have problems with the games I mentioned, I will look into it.

Ok well I know it's not a pc problem like you all think. Mine started on ps4 last August and has now spread to every monitor console and tv in my entire house.

I was watching frozen with my daughter that had been recorded through virgin media and even that was effected with crawling jagged lines. I don't even have a pc so how can it be responsible.  Try plugging a console into you pc monitor I bet you will have these shimmering crawling jaggies.

Even my tablets been effected it can't render circles anymore they are hexagons now . I was playing asseto corsa on ps4 yesterday and it can't even render the damn steering wheels properly there all hexagons. . It's beyond and all logic.

Everything I played before august last year was perfect. Now it's just a mess off crawling lines .

47 minutes ago, TheZar said:

Ok well I know it's not a pc problem like you all think. Mine started on ps4 last August and has now spread to every monitor console and tv in my entire house.

I was watching frozen with my daughter that had been recorded through virgin media and even that was effected with crawling jagged lines. I don't even have a pc so how can it be responsible.  Try plugging a console into you pc monitor I bet you will have these shimmering crawling jaggies.

Even my tablets been effected it can't render circles anymore they are hexagons now . I was playing asseto corsa on ps4 yesterday and it can't even render the damn steering wheels properly there all hexagons. . It's beyond and all logic.

Everything I played before august last year was perfect. Now it's just a mess off crawling lines .

Ah yes, good old electricity virus, am I right?

On a serious note, what you are saying is literally impossible, so please provide some proof of everything you mentioned. I am genuinely interested in seeing a clip of an aliased Frozen movie.

1 hour ago, k4bn said:

Ah yes, good old electricity virus, am I right?

On a serious note, what you are saying is literally impossible, so please provide some proof of everything you mentioned. I am genuinely interested in seeing a clip of an aliased Frozen movie.

Here you go again everyone is wrong your the only one in the right yet you still don't understand wtf people are putting up with. And yes I will get a clip and screen shots later today. 

It's literally impossible yet hundreds of people are telling and showing you what is wrong. Your either extremely arrogant or being paid to come in this forum and tell people their imaging it all and need help. My guess is your both. 

You've been in this thread months yet haven't actually helped a single person.

All you've done is comment about how your right and there's no other explanations.  

I will upload everything ltr today yet there's not much point as you will have your theroy that won't fix anything . 

22 minutes ago, TheZar said:

Here you go again everyone is wrong your the only one in the right yet you still don't understand wtf people are putting up with. And yes I will get a clip and screen shots later today. 

It's literally impossible yet hundreds of people are telling and showing you what is wrong. Your either extremely arrogant or being paid to come in this forum and tell people their imaging it all and need help. My guess is your both. 

You've been in this thread months yet haven't actually helped a single person.

All you've done is comment about how your right and there's no other explanations.  

I will upload everything ltr today yet there's not much point as you will have your theroy that won't fix anything . 

Relax dude, just trying to help. I'm looking forward to seeing some temporally unstable Virgin Media Frozen.

On 25/10/2017 at 9:32 AM, k4bn said:

Relax dude, just trying to help. I'm looking forward to seeing some temporally unstable Virgin Media Frozen.

Not even going to waste my time with this anymore . I just hope one day you get this what ever it is. You might actually understand what's going on then. I will not be coming bk to this thread it's going nowhere. Good luck all hope you get it sorted one day.  Personally I've wasted enough time and money trying to fix it. 

Hi guys I think I have this problem that thezar is having. It started a few weeks back on my pc after buying a new video card . Gtx 1060. Ever since then I have had the damn annoying jaggies that seem to flicker when I move the camera on a game. Iv reformatted pc and reinstalled windows 10 and nothing helped.  Iv even bought new hard drives and reinstalled  windows 10 and that's not helped either.

As of today somehow my living room tv and ps4 have been effected.  It wasn't like this last week and yes I can also see these jaggies in some tv programs mainly the animated kids tv shows my children watch.

Iv just bought spin tyres on ps4 and it's pretty ugly I add some screen shots.Just remember all those jagged lined are actually shimmering and moving.

Maybe you can tell me if this is normal.  It's in all of my ps4 games now. Iv tried a diffrent tv to its no diffrent.It also seems my ps4 is having trouble drawing circles like thezar said the steering wheel in games is a odd shape hexagon I think. 

If you look at front of truck you can see these white lines that move when ever I move the camera.

Also up top of cabin inside truck I have crawling white lines. 

Steering wheel odd shape. It's also like this in asettocorsa on ps4. Never used to!!

And power cables are all cut up and jagged. 

Basically I have this in every game atm on ps4. Pc is bad to especially American truck simulator.

Anyway hopefully you guys know what the hell it is as I can't fix it. Maybe if someone else has spin tyres on ps4 we can compair screenshots. 

Forgot to say pictures were taken from my phone and off the living room tv standard 1080p.

20171031_094603.jpg

20171031_094444.jpg

20171031_094502.jpg

20171031_094520.jpg

Some problems I'm having also appears in other games. Can't render circles properly. This is ps4 still.

15094456934601920081796.jpg

1509445817626230810230.jpg

5 hours ago, Ravencrest said:

Hi guys I think I have this problem that thezar is having. It started a few weeks back on my pc after buying a new video card . Gtx 1060. Ever since then I have had the damn annoying jaggies that seem to flicker when I move the camera on a game. Iv reformatted pc and reinstalled windows 10 and nothing helped.  Iv even bought new hard drives and reinstalled  windows 10 and that's not helped either.

As of today somehow my living room tv and ps4 have been effected.  It wasn't like this last week and yes I can also see these jaggies in some tv programs mainly the animated kids tv shows my children watch.

Iv just bought spin tyres on ps4 and it's pretty ugly I add some screen shots.Just remember all those jagged lined are actually shimmering and moving.

Maybe you can tell me if this is normal.  It's in all of my ps4 games now. Iv tried a diffrent tv to its no diffrent.It also seems my ps4 is having trouble drawing circles like thezar said the steering wheel in games is a odd shape hexagon I think. 

If you look at front of truck you can see these white lines that move when ever I move the camera.

Also up top of cabin inside truck I have crawling white lines. 

Steering wheel odd shape. It's also like this in asettocorsa on ps4. Never used to!!

And power cables are all cut up and jagged. 

Basically I have this in every game atm on ps4. Pc is bad to especially American truck simulator.

Anyway hopefully you guys know what the hell it is as I can't fix it. Maybe if someone else has spin tyres on ps4 we can compair screenshots. 

Forgot to say pictures were taken from my phone and off the living room tv standard 1080p.

20171031_094603.jpg

20171031_094444.jpg

20171031_094502.jpg

20171031_094520.jpg

Which AA does that game use on PS4? Really hard to tell anything from these pictures, you should try to screenshot it in-game or something.

@Ravencrest Will let you in on a little secret (not really). Many "round" objects in games (wheels, barrels, pipes, etc.), aren't actually round when you look close. I'm not exactly sure why this is done, but I think it has something to do with that it's easier to process and render a multi-[flat]surface object than it is to render a true circular object. 

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this could elaborate?

@k4bn?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

13 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

@Ravencrest Will let you in on a little secret (not really). Many "round" objects in games (wheels, barrels, pipes, etc.), aren't actually round when you look close. I'm not exactly sure why this is done, but I think it has something to do with that it's easier to process and render a multi-[flat]surface object than it is to render a true circular object. 

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this could elaborate?

@k4bn?

It's basically that; it's much more beneficial to not waste your polygon budget on a much more circular object than, say, a whole object that can be really complex.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 hours ago, k4bn said:

Which AA does that game use on PS4? Really hard to tell anything from these pictures, you should try to screenshot it in-game or something.

I'm not even sure how to do that from ps4. Sorry not very good at technical stuff. ?

11 hours ago, TulioVeneno said:

On Escape From Tarkov the problem with LOD is explicit!

https://streamable.com/8r7he

Hey that's exactly what I have in all my games. Those white lines that move across certain things like stairs windows power lines. Even got it on mincraft now... So it's something called lod? How would I fix this crap in console games on my xbox to and ps4. Oh and my switch ? My games never used to look like this. Could it be some kind of universal update that's messed things up ?

I just tried out my old pc monitor and even with nothing plugged into it the Asus logo is now all jagged . And that was definitely smooth before all this started happening.

15096222606882075886491.jpg

2 hours ago, Ravencrest said:

Hey that's exactly what I have in all my games. Those white lines that move across certain things like stairs windows power lines. Even got it on mincraft now... So it's something called lod? How would I fix this crap in console games on my xbox to and ps4. Oh and my switch ? My games never used to look like this. Could it be some kind of universal update that's messed things up ?

I just tried out my old pc monitor and even with nothing plugged into it the Asus logo is now all jagged . And that was definitely smooth before all this started happening.

What resolution is your monitor?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

What resolution is your monitor?

Hi that monitor was my spare 1080p monitor 27 inch i haven't used it for about 6 months. My brother has the exact same one and his logo is smooth. I just rang him to confirm this. What on earth could cause that ? Now I'm even more puzzled. 

Is it bad voltage in my home maybe ? 

2 hours ago, Ravencrest said:

Hi that monitor was my spare 1080p monitor 27 inch i haven't used it for about 6 months. My brother has the exact same one and his logo is smooth. I just rang him to confirm this. What on earth could cause that ? Now I'm even more puzzled. 

Is it bad voltage in my home maybe ? 

Power/voltage and that whole theory has already been addressed in the edited OP on the first page of this thread. It's simply not possibly for "bad" or "dirty" power to cause specific graphical anomalies such as this. 

I don't know why it's happening, nor do I have a solution (though switching to Ryzen has shown an observable difference for more than one member here). But I know for sure it is not dirty/bad power in your house.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Guys this is getting ridiculous check these pics out. My daughters watching this cartoon through netflix app build into the smart tv we use in living room.

This is a cartoon that is hand drawn. How can it have jaggies like this.

Nothing else is on, ps4 is unplugged and sky TV is off..

20171102_185101.jpg

These lines are moving also just like that weird shimmering in games. I think I'm going to go crazy soon . It makes no sense !!!

So I spent maybe a good 4 hours reading almost every page of this thread (and many others) trying to figure out what the hell is going on. 
I've been dealing with this eye cancer since just before PUBG came out and I replaced my gtx670 after I woke up to it with fans at 100% and no signal, got a 1060 and the bug's been there since.
Done nearly everything in terms of forcing AA and resetting all driver/OS aka most things in this thread. 
Not knowing the cause of this after so many people and so many other forums reporting it more and more, I can't lead myself to believe Ryzen is the only way.

I want you to look at the wing and please tell my it's not normal

This is just one example but most other are the exact same, give or take a couple jaggies, please note youtube did NOT compress this effect or cause it in anyway, this is what I deal with daily.
I noticed there are a few people here with 3rd gen intel chips, same as mine, I've got i7 3770 with a new gigabyte 1060

3 hours ago, Wraithy said:

So I spent maybe a good 4 hours reading almost every page of this thread (and many others) trying to figure out what the hell is going on. 
I've been dealing with this eye cancer since just before PUBG came out and I replaced my gtx670 after I woke up to it with fans at 100% and no signal, got a 1060 and the bug's been there since.
Done nearly everything in terms of forcing AA and resetting all driver/OS aka most things in this thread. 
Not knowing the cause of this after so many people and so many other forums reporting it more and more, I can't lead myself to believe Ryzen is the only way.

This is just one example but most other are the exact same, give or take a couple jaggies, please note youtube did NOT compress this effect or cause it in anyway, this is what I deal with daily.
I noticed there are a few people here with 3rd gen intel chips, same as mine, I've got i7 3770 with a new gigabyte 1060

Mine started when I changed cards as well to a gtx 1060 also. I have a old i5 2500k. 

12 hours ago, Wraithy said:

Hi @Wraithy, I think we both have a very similar story. I decided to send my new 1080 back because one Fan was running at 100% all the time and the other fan didnt work. After that I started to see these Antialiasing Problems. I play Destiny2 as well and it looks very bad. I also think it started since i play Destiny2 I'm not sure. I couldnt fix this shit with Drivers or Windows reinstallation. I'm thinking of buying a ryzen CPU soon if this is the only solution. I wanted to buy one next year anyway because my CPU is outdated. To the guys who bought the Ryzens, does this still help? Still Antialiasing Problems with a strong GPU? Thx for your help.

Edit: my CPU is a amd FX-8350 btw, so it's not intel only...

Many people are having this problem in several graphics engines, of different brands, and that one hour everything was fine and another time not, I also noticed that some people have this problem on several monitors and not only on the computer or console, it is as if was an "energy virus," as some have said, of course it is absurd to have such a virus, but it may have some possibility of external interference, such as electromagnetic waves, or something. Anyone know if this is possible? Anyone have the possibility to find some place that has an "uninfected" graphics engine with this problem and take what is infected to the place to see what happens? Thus we will have a notion of the problem, whether the cause of it happens only in one place or if it is a permanent error, which once "infected" already was.
If the text is difficult to understand, sorry, I used google translator, I'm Brazilian.

Edit1: I have the same problem, I use a Pentium G4560 desktop computer, Rx470 4Gb, 8Gb ram memory, power source cooler master 550w motherboard h110

REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE IS "" IT IS BECAUSE IT IS A SPECULATION AND IT MAY BE THAT I AM WRONG TOTALLY, BUT, ACCORDING TO EVIDENCES, IT CAN BE REAL, THAT SOME ARE REALLY "INFECTING" OR "SPOILED" GRAPHIC ENGINES

15 minutes ago, Kelven said:

Many people are having this problem in several graphics engines, of different brands, and that one hour everything was fine and another time not, I also noticed that some people have this problem on several monitors and not only on the computer or console, it is as if was an "energy virus," as some have said, of course it is absurd to have such a virus, but it may have some possibility of external interference, such as electromagnetic waves, or something. Anyone know if this is possible? Anyone have the possibility to find some place that has an "uninfected" graphics engine with this problem and take what is infected to the place to see what happens? Thus we will have a notion of the problem, whether the cause of it happens only in one place or if it is a permanent error, which once "infected" already was.
If the text is difficult to understand, sorry, I used google translator, I'm Brazilian.

I already tried that with console .

I took infected console to the clean friend apartment and the hardware was fucked even in the clean apartment .

Once affected hardware is done even in a place without the problem

Edit 1 I have this problem since early autumn 2016 I tried many things

1 hour ago, darksquall said:

I already tried that with console .

I took infected console to the clean friend apartment and the hardware was fucked even in the clean apartment .

Once affected hardware is done even in a place without the problem

Edit 1 I have this problem since early autumn 2016 I tried many things

Therefore, we can conclude that after being "infected", even if it is taken to an "uninfected" site, it will always be "Infected". Your friend's console got "infected" after testing yours? Did you try to take your friend's "uninfected" console to where you "infected" to see if it would be "infected"?
REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE IS "" IT IS BECAUSE IT IS A SPECULATION AND MAY ALSO BE LOST FULLY, BUT, ACCORDING TO EVIDENCES, IT CAN BE REAL, THAT SOME IS REALLY "INFECTING" OR "SPOILING" THE GRAPHIC ENGINES

If the text is confusing, I'm sorry, I used google translate

Edit1: This google translator must have made my text ridiculous :$

Problems like the video but on my case wolfenstein 2 , cod mw2 , ac:origins , shadow of wars .

PC spes : win 10 x64 update / drivers update / ryzen 1600+ msi b350 bazzoka +16gb 2666mhz +rx 580 +psu 750w plus bronce + ssd 120gb + hdd 2tb .

Rams are ok , hdds are ok , i change the psu for my old psu to test(evga 500w) , same issue , i move the games from hdd to the ssd , same problem , i change the monitor , the cables , and a test a few versions of amd drivers and nothing , the problem start 2 weeks ago when update windows 10 creator fall update + buy a new psu + install new amd videocard driver , i start to see again , on my old pc i see this problem too i5 2320 +8gb + 7970/960 , and never fixed .

I am 90% sure on this point the problem is related to the new psu for some reason(use old psu not fixed this) or with the electricity of the house because i change the entiry pc , also on the past i tested with others hdds and windows versions (7/10) , and i cant fix this ,also the problem is present on dx11/dx12/vulkan games .