Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I am :D I'll probably get an 8700K

I'm not sure I have this issue, so idk :/

Actually, there is one recent game I've played that looked great. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. On top of being a 10/10 game, it looked amazing. Aside from a few shitty textures, no fade-in, no shitty shadow distances (looking at you Witcher 3), and great AA.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I'm curious, does anybody want me to test some games? If they're available through... unsavory means, I'll get them that way, or if I have them on Steam, I could also download and try them. I have games like Witcher 1-3, Dark Souls 1-3, Hellblade, Overwatch, etc. Ask away, and I'll see what I can test. What would help of course, is if someone that has the issue could record them in those very same games, and compare with my video and test.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I did a stream yesterday.

I showed the flickering white lines are still here, but the other troubles are gone.

I can reproduce easly the white lines on Fortnite, and the only thing that correct it, is TAA as usual.

Anyway, i can play WoT now, because all the ground/foliage texture is not flickering anymore.

Just now, lordante said:

I did a stream yesterday.

I showed the flickering white lines are still here, but the other troubles are gone.

I can reproduce easly the white lines on Fortnite, and the only thing that correct it, is TAA as usual.

Anyway, i can play WoT now, because all the ground/foliage texture is not flickering anymore.

I've actually got a 1600X on the way, so I could truly test it for myself soon, but then again, maybe I'm not having the issue? Games just look sketchy to me nowadays, even on consoles.

I will stream again soon, so, i can show you if you are online in 30min/1hour.

Just now, lordante said:

I will stream again soon, so, i can show you if you are online in 30min/1hour.

Definitely will be. Same name on Twitch? Also, I'm a Montreal guy, so I can speak French if you're more comfortable with that.

My twitch nickname is lordanteeu, i can speack english, but if you understand french, it is simplier for me :D

Just now, lordante said:

My twitch nickname is lordanteeu, i can speack english, but if you understand french, it is simplier for me :D

Alright, loaded up. I'll be waiting. Have you got Witcher 3 and the likes?

1 hour ago, Noirgheos said:

I've actually got a 1600X on the way, so I could truly test it for myself soon, but then again, maybe I'm not having the issue? Games just look sketchy to me nowadays, even on consoles.

Out of the games you listed I played The Witcher 1 and 2. I actually have TW1 installed. Basically, TW1 has a decent in-game AA and you should have no problems with that game as far as I can remember. There's still some shimmering while in motion in the distance, but that's only some extreme cases that you can see while actually analyzing the game. Good thing about TW1 is that you can force supersampling(in comparison to TW2, which doesn't allow you to do that). Basically, if you can supersample the game and get rid of all the aliasing, you are most likely fine.  As for TW2, I've actually analyzed one example in one of my posts. Basically User.ini resets when you reopen the launcher, so reopen the ini after launching the game to check if your settings are actually applied. allowsharpen=0 in the ini, 4k DSR and if you get rid of the aliasing, you are fine. There's still some shadow issues, basically some shadow dithering that you may be able to counter with this, but I didn't test this out.  https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975399-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/69486866 As for the rest of the games, I don't have them so I'm not sure what goes on there. For TW3, I haven't played it but you should probably be fine if you do this : https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5h8rxs/the_comprehensive_guide_to_antialiasing_getting/

Haven't played DS yet, but I hear DSFix is a must for that game. 

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice should look gorgeous, obviously(some sort of TAA + supersampling implementation) and I'm not sure about Overwatch, never played it. 

9 minutes ago, k4bn said:

Out of the games you listed I played The Witcher 1 and 2. I actually have TW1 installed. Basically, TW1 has a decent in-game AA and you should have no problems with that game as far as I can remember. There's still some shimmering while in motion in the distance, but that's only some extreme cases that you can see while actually analyzing the game. Good thing about TW1 is that you can force supersampling(in comparison to TW2, which doesn't allow you to do that). Basically, if you can supersample the game and get rid of all the aliasing, you are most likely fine.  As for TW2, I've actually analyzed one example in one of my posts. Basically User.ini resets when you reopen the launcher, so reopen the ini after launching the game to check if your settings are actually applied. allowsharpen=0 in the ini, 4k DSR and if you get rid of the aliasing, you are fine. There's still some shadow issues, basically some shadow dithering that you may be able to counter with this, but I didn't test this out.  https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975399-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/69486866 As for the rest of the games, I don't have them so I'm not sure what goes on there. For TW3, I haven't played it but you should probably be fine if you do this : https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5h8rxs/the_comprehensive_guide_to_antialiasing_getting/

Haven't played DS yet, but I hear DSFix is a must for that game. 

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice should look gorgeous, obviously(some sort of TAA + supersampling implementation) and I'm not sure about Overwatch, never played it. 

What I'm thinking, is why would reviewers not mention this at all during their reviews of Ryzen? We've already confirmed this doesn't happen to everyone, so why is Intel to blame? There's definitely something more to this.

What I'm thinking, is why would reviewers not mention this at all during their reviews of Ryzen? We've already confirmed this doesn't happen to everyone, so why is Intel to blame? There's definitely something more to this.

No one really knows if Ryzen really did anything yet. lordante should replicate the issue on his old CPU to confirm. I did see some positive change(mainly the image quality) on the stream compared to his older youtube videos, but I'm not sure if that's just because of twitch vs youtube compression, but it's still something. 

Btw @lordante, you should record the tank video on the new Ryzen so people can compare for themselves. Use the same recording software/settings, so it sort of gets compressed similarly to your older videos. Also record WoT in-game from the top-down perspective(while in a match I presume) so we can compare the distance AA as well. 

But yeah, I mean putting aside all of that, I won't comment too much on how legit this is since there still isn't any actual proof of this "hard shift". 

6 minutes ago, k4bn said:

No one really knows if Ryzen really did anything yet. lordante should replicate the issue on his old CPU to confirm. I did see some positive change(mainly the image quality) on the stream compared to his older youtube videos, but I'm not sure if that's just because of twitch vs youtube compression, but it's still something. 

Btw @lordante, you should record the tank video on the new Ryzen so people can compare for themselves. Use the same recording software/settings, so it sort of gets compressed similarly to your older videos. Also record WoT in-game from the top-down perspective(while in a match I presume) so we can compare the distance AA as well. 

But yeah, I mean putting aside all of that, I won't comment too much on how legit this is since there still isn't any actual proof of this "hard shift". 

1600X just got through the door. I'll have it up and running in 10 minutes. I'll download Witcher 3 and compare between the two. I'm super curious.

Well, I can safely say that there is no difference, at least not on the same monitor. I have two ASUS VE247Hs. Or perhaps I just wasn't having the issue on my Intel system in the first place? Perhaps all this aliasing and shitty draw distances are a result of devs being lazy?

I changed all the computer ALL.

I switched for Ryzen (and choose MSI MB again) and, voilan, games looks better.

Only the AA troubles are still here.

Well, I can safely say that there is no difference, at least not on the same monitor. I have two ASUS VE247Hs. Or perhaps I just wasn't having the issue on my Intel system in the first place? Perhaps all this aliasing and shitty draw distances are a result of devs being lazy?

Test out the games using the stuff I sent you. If you can get rid of most of the aliasing using that, then you probably don't have any issues to begin with. 

11 minutes ago, k4bn said:

Test out the games using the stuff I sent you. If you can get rid of most of the aliasing using that, then you probably don't have any issues to begin with. 

The aliasing still looks terrible. Honestly, Bloodborne has better filtering than most of these games, though it's probably the chromatic aberration blurring the edges. When did this even happen? I don't remember ever being this bitchy about aliasing before. When I came back to PC Gaming when I was 14, I had a 4670K and an R9 280. I never complained about games' looks. This has to be something introduced in some update.

Has anyone tried some games on Linux? Might be a DirectX issue with Windows 10 for all we know.

The aliasing still looks terrible. Honestly, Bloodborne has better filtering than most of these games, though it's probably the chromatic aberration blurring the edges. When did this even happen? I don't remember ever being this bitchy about aliasing before. When I came to PC Gaming when I was 14, I had a 4670K and an R9 280. I never complained about games' looks. This has to be something introduced in some update.

Has anyone tried some games on Linux? Might be a DirectX issue with Windows 10 for all we know.

Well, this thread has a huge history of trying stuff out, I'm sure they've tried everything including recording the issues with the  CERN LHC supercomputer(with UPS + stabilizer of course). Unfortunately, the GTA 5 texture flickering was still there after the patch, and I'm guessing the actual recording of this event got decimated by the collider itself.

But nah seriously, what games look terrible, exactly? I'm not sure how TW3 is supposed to look, but I know that you shouldn't have any aliasing with TW1 after you supersample. 

15 minutes ago, k4bn said:

Well, this thread has a huge history of trying stuff out, I'm sure they've tried everything including recording the issues with the  CERN LHC supercomputer(with UPS + stabilizer of course). Unfortunately, the GTA 5 texture flickering was still there after the patch, and I'm guessing the actual recording of this event got decimated by the collider itself.

But nah seriously, what games look terrible, exactly? I'm not sure how TW3 is supposed to look, but I know that you shouldn't have any aliasing with TW1 after you supersample. 

I didn't end up trying W1, but Dark Souls 3, one of my favourite games, and Witcher 3. Dark Souls 3 can be explained by it basically only having FXAA, and I don't remember Witcher 3 having high-detail shadow drawing delay, nor the NPC and item pop-in, at launch. It's just annoying. I only notice it now.

I didn't end up trying W1, but Dark Souls 3, one of my favourite games, and Witcher 3. Dark Souls 3 can be explained by it basically only having FXAA, and I don't remember Witcher 3 having high-detail shadow drawing delay, nor the NPC and item pop-in, at launch. It's just annoying. I only notice it now.

You should try TW1, would be useful info considering that I have it installed right now and I literally just tested it out.

Just now, k4bn said:

You should try TW1, would be useful info considering that I have it installed right now and I literally just tested it out.

I'll install it.

@k4bn Yes, witcher 2 is broken, but YOU CAN STILL SEE THERE BROKEN AA IN THE VIDEO (look at ropes). Here you have video from payday 2 without any mod with all settings recorded. I uploaded it to mega.nz to not let youtube downgrade quality of video. Idk if it was good idea. Is this enough for you?

https://mega.nz/#!k48jUCJZ!ataWYW0YSh7uzlFv2pWcbBBxhYrVaFzwrcSgn4cKc3Q

If you want to translate - it's polish :)

Still waiting for long-time test with ryzen.

1 minute ago, Chydzim said:

@k4bn Yes, witcher 2 is broken, but YOU CAN STILL SEE THERE BROKEN AA IN THE VIDEO (look at ropes). Here you have video from payday 2 without any mod with all settings recorded. I uploaded it to mega.nz to not let youtube downgrade quality of video. Idk if it was good idea. Is this enough for you?

https://mega.nz/#!k48jUCJZ!ataWYW0YSh7uzlFv2pWcbBBxhYrVaFzwrcSgn4cKc3Q

If you want to translate - it's polish :)

Still waiting for long-time test with ryzen.

I'll do it for you tomorrow. Can you upload the save so I can load in right away and check it out?

8 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

I'll do it for you tomorrow. Can you upload the save so I can load in right away and check it out?

You mean my save from TW2?

Just now, Chydzim said:

You mean my save from TW2?

Yes.