Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

2 hours ago, tantalus said:

Dramatize? see...  If you think this is not a serious issue... well, sorry but you dont care about graphic quality. Is really straight forward. If you think that seeing shimmering edges all over the place, flickering and low res shadows, lod problems, instead of a perfect antialiasing, perfect shadows and correct lod distances is better and is not important, i dont know what are you doing in this thread. And like you many people dont give so much importance to graphics, unless it is an AAA game. I dont know if you did born yesterday but AAA games are called that way for a reason. And thar reason is -> last generation graphics, with all that implies. Its as simply as that. And again, if you are able to play a game in 1280x720 at minimum settings (yeah pixel lover?), dude you dont care at all about graphics. You could be playing in the nintendo nes and you will be fine.... no need to worry about these problems.

I didn`t write that with this issue graphics look better. Of course they look worse but they still look good for me. Without last generation graphics AAA games are still fun to play for me. It`s a fact. Okay the loose their 'AAA' status because of their not last-gen graphics(with this issue) but they are still good games. Let`s call them just 'A-games'.

I want to solve this problem not for myself - on my mother`s TV the picture quality also became worse. I want to help her that`s why i visit this thread. 

There is no need to fight. I also thought this was a disaster at first, but I am getting somewhat used to it, and some games look better than others. In Witcher 3, the issue is not very strong and I finished the game without being bothered too much.

On the other hand, GTA V looks terrible, and I have to use 2x Frame Scaling + FXAA to make it acceptable. Assassin's Creed games are beyond help.

Thats the problem. That people "get used to it". Some people because they know there is nothing we can do (ironically, those gamers will think that way and then they go and buy the latest gaming videocard.. LOL) other people because they been playing videogames in the dx11 era and they dont know anything else. Some games are unplayable. As simple as that. Assasins creed if you see the videos the other use posted, i mean, thats completely hideous. Dont tell me you can get used to that because if thats the case... with that thinking, im not surprised nothing has been done in years to fix this. And today more and more games are going beyond unplayable like assasin's creed. And yet, people keep buying that game and people keep buying expensive cards , screens and whatnot. Videogaming industry today sadly its completely destroyed, but destroyed by gamers, who are the ones who make this happen year by year, unfortunately.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, YiGiT353 said:

Everyone has footage of the problem but appereantly no one was provided uncompressed footage without the problem noticable. It is just "I remember this game used to look good but now it looks bad" kind of stuff.

I kind of started to wonder if we are paying too much attention to aliasing while everyone else ignores it.

I am wondering that too, i just want to enjoy my games again, still in some its just that weird it cant be normal i am sure about that.

Providing footage without this issue is rather difficult i guess since even videos are not displayed correctly.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, YiGiT353 said:

Everyone has footage of the problem but appereantly no one was provided uncompressed footage without the problem noticable. It is just "I remember this game used to look good but now it looks bad" kind of stuff.

I kind of started to wonder if we are paying too much attention to aliasing while everyone else ignores it.

I only started recording gameplay when I noticed the issue.

I have some footage without the issue.

Problem is again that pics are compressed so you can't really see the AA difference to bad pics.

Also, this "2D-feel" that the problem causes is not really visible...unfortunately.

I would need a side-by-side comparison. 2 same screenshots with and without the issue.

Will try to get them. Rite now, problem is gone

I have sent my PC to some guy in my capitol city.He tested my motherboard, PSU and for him my components work fine but he will put another motherboard  instead of mine in my PC just to see if there will be changes in games (I have GTA5, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen in my system).

Also he told me if is something wrong with my motherboard and GPU there will be artiacts on screen (I know what are causes of artifacts on screen without him).

I'm waiting his call after he put another motherboard (maybe he will put another PSU instead of mine) but sincerely I doubt that other motherboard will change anything and also I think the hardware isn't the cause of the problem.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:22 PM, Strider890 said:

I have sent my PC to some guy in my capitol city.He tested my motherboard, PSU and for him my components work fine but he will put another motherboard  instead of mine in my PC just to see if there will be changes in games (I have GTA5, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen in my system).

Also he told me if is something wrong with my motherboard and GPU there will be artiacts on screen (I know what are causes of artifacts on screen without him).

I'm waiting his call after he put another motherboard (maybe he will put another PSU instead of mine) but sincerely I doubt that other motherboard will change anything and also I think the hardware isn't the cause of the problem.

Another one who never read anything since the post was created before the last page....

2 hours ago, tantalus said:

Another one who never read anything since the post was created before the last page....

LOL! ????

I sent in my GPU and got it back.

They say they couldn't reproduce my problem...

But still:

Problem hasn't appeared since.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:54 AM, DaoNayt said:

On the other hand, GTA V looks terrible, and I have to use 2x Frame Scaling + FXAA to make it acceptable. Assassin's Creed games are beyond help.

It looks terrible for you. It`not a fact. This 'terrible' is only in your brain. For me GTA V looks nice. I play with MSAA4X,TAA, Full HD, Ultra settings, in addition setting i changed something about flight loading distance(something like that). I don`t play Assasin`s Creed so i can tell you nothing about it.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:43 PM, tantalus said:

Thats the problem. That people "get used to it". Some people because they know there is nothing we can do (ironically, those gamers will think that way and then they go and buy the latest gaming videocard.. LOL) other people because they been playing videogames in the dx11 era and they dont know anything else. Some games are unplayable. As simple as that. Assasins creed if you see the videos the other use posted, i mean, thats completely hideous. Dont tell me you can get used to that because if thats the case... with that thinking, im not surprised nothing has been done in years to fix this. And today more and more games are going beyond unplayable like assasin's creed. And yet, people keep buying that game and people keep buying expensive cards , screens and whatnot. Videogaming industry today sadly its completely destroyed, but destroyed by gamers, who are the ones who make this happen year by year, unfortunately.

Of course it is stupid to spend much money on your PC when you have this issue. I won`t buy any expensive gpu or screen, etc. before someone fix this problem.

Bill,

the reason GTA looks ok for you might be that u use TAA as it blurs the entire screen...

FSAA does not work on Assasins Creed games in any appreciable way, the engine does not really support it very well.

Same with Witcher 3, Total War: Rome 2.

But:

When I don't have the problem, FSAA looks good enough.

But if I have it, everything is too blurred...

Hows the stadia guys? It's released in US if possible record with phone

I got the news from guy where my PC is.

He changed motherboard and PSU and the there is no change with image in games, BIOS and desktop.

Okay I’ve been testing Stadia from day one and I can say there is a difference.

The pop-in is virtually gone other than what normally pops on games.

The textures seem normal but the anti-aliasing is poor.

The anti-aliasing is the only thing wrong now.   The service runs great btw.

Im gonna buy more games to test.  Just been Testing Destiny 2 and GYLT.  Gonna buy Metro Exodus and see how that looks.

I observed something.

I enter the desktop while playing games.

The problem increased when I returned to the game

23 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

Im gonna buy more games to test.  Just been Testing Destiny 2 and GYLT.  Gonna buy Metro Exodus and see how that looks.

Thats good , thats what I expected

What about simply buying a laptop.

A new laptop has never been connected to anything from the old pc, not even monitor. Thinking logically buying a laptop should solve the issue. I hate playing on a laptop but if it helps it may be a solution?

Is there any reason to think this wouldnt work? I cant think of a logic reason but afterall our issue is really illogical... what do you think?

On my new laptop so far everything looks good.

I play only a handful of games there and none I play also on my pc.

So...no comparison there

5 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

So...no comparison there

Record some gameplay.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:16 PM, Bearhugger said:

So...no comparison there

Capture videos with a ofscreen camera and describe in detail what happend and what you did, so far you are one of the few that solved this temporarly but your explanation is lacking at best, if we ever want to find out whats wrong we need to find out what you did or rather what changed.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, Harsh45 said:

Doesnt that lead to a certain conclusion, this means there are external causes for this maybe you can try some things would be highly appreciated, also how about asking them for support maybe they are more helpfull then AMD or Nvidia, just a thought.